Week 11 GDT: GB @ Seattle TreeSloths

incognito_man

This loss was a microcosm of the season-

A few miscues (EQ not stopping on a route)

AR over extending plays and not taking what is there

Giving up on the ground

A missed FG

The D breaking at the end

A couple Questionable calls

It is frustrating because the talent is there and we are close

30 minutes ago, pacman5252 said:

Giving up on the ground

A missed FG

It's super frustrating because other than WAS we've been in all games. We have been super terrible in quarters/halves, never the whole game. These heartbreakers week after week are draining me.

43 minutes ago, pacman5252 said:

Giving up on the ground

A missed FG

Very much this

8 hours ago, Keg Man said:

C'mon the game and this season comes down to Rodgers refusing to take what the defense gives him and going for the spectacular.

We're bent over a table with him without lube.

He'll play himself out of the hall - or at least first ballot with his arrogance -

AND, more importantly will keep us from enjoying the promised land.

Him and his gal can enjoy their victory 

Thing is, he won't.  He has another ridiculous TD-INT ratio this year.  He is bulking up his yardage and TD totals.  We all see the negatives right now.  But the HOF voters 5 years after his retirement won't remember anything but 19TD to 1INT (so far this year).

35 minutes ago, ThatJerkDave said:

Thing is, he won't.  He has another ridiculous TD-INT ratio this year.  He is bulking up his yardage and TD totals.  We all see the negatives right now.  But the HOF voters 5 years after his retirement won't remember anything but 19TD to 1INT (so far this year).

He's Barry Sanders of QBs.  Amazing, but could do more to help you move the chains and win the game.  

1 hour ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

Except we're not poorly coached on offense. Our QB keeps ******* killing drives. 

I feel you're not blaming Mac as equally as you should be. His route concepts suck. I saw Jimmy run a stick while MVS ran a drag down the middle of the field on a 3rd and 2. They ended up in the exact same landmark. I see this time and time again with Mac. Receivers finishing routes at the same landmark has become common. 

2 hours ago, pacman5252 said:

Giving up on the ground

A missed FG

Yep, pretty much the same scenario most every week.  How do you forget to rely on Aaron Jones after the first half he put up?  Get the ball in his hands any way possible.  He showed he could be a force in the pass game as well .. use the man.  

1 hour ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

Except we're not poorly coached on offense. Our QB keeps ******* killing drives. 

Then, I guess McCarthy should be screaming in his ear?  Who is in charge of this team? Does MM not have the sack to reign people in?  Aaron needs to be coached like anyone else who is making mistakes .. not sure that is actually happening in Green Bay any longer.

8 hours ago, Keg Man said:

C'mon the game and this season comes down to Rodgers refusing to take what the defense gives him and going for the spectacular.

We're bent over a table with him without lube.

He'll play himself out of the hall - or at least first ballot with his arrogance -

AND, more importantly will keep us from enjoying the promised land.

Him and his gal can enjoy their victory 

I can't believe you typed this out, read it and still hit submit.

2 hours ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

Except we're not poorly coached on offense. 

The coach in charge of offense decided that Ty Montgomery and Jamal Williams needed to be part of a 3-man running back rotation this season.

When fans (and Aaron Rodgers) noted that Aaron Jones was by far the more dynamic back and should be getting the lion's share of snaps, apologists for everything McCarthy does came up with you don't wear down Jones and then Jones just can't be counted on in the passing game.

Now, with the useless Montgomery banished to Baltimore, and the 3-yards and a cloud of dust Williams consigned to a couple of snaps a game, Jones is getting almost all of the snaps and flourishing.

This boneheaded coaching decision may well have cost the team a win in LA. 

That the coach had all offseason to implement an offense featuring Jones and instead decided to focus equally upon Montgomery and Williams is mind boggling.

16 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

I feel you're not blaming Mac as equally as you should be. His route concepts suck. I saw Jimmy run a stick while MVS ran a drag down the middle of the field on a 3rd and 2. They ended up in the exact same landmark. I see this time and time again with Mac. Receivers finishing routes at the same landmark has become common. 

I don't agree that his route concepts suck. I can watch the offense run and pick out a coherent concept on almost every play. That doesn't always mean they look pretty and occasionally you'll have two guys that are new in the system who read something different. 

I feel like McCarthy has lost what was his biggest strength as a head coach besides his very strong offensive mind. He's lost a lot of the buy in from the locker room. I think part of that is that players read the media and see McCarthy getting bashed. I think players feel he should have achieved more with Rodgers over the last decade. And then I think Rodgers isn't doing his part here. If Rodgers wanted to quash this beef and call the team together, I think a public statement about how he and McCarthy have a very strong working relationship and that he supports the man 100% as a coach would go very far in the lockerroom, even if it was all a lie. 

When that buy in goes, it's gone. Rookies sense it when they walk in the room. I'm not sure it's entirely gone at the moment, and we may be able to rally back, but we're getting closer with every loss. 

21 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

Yep, 3rd and 3 where was that play from a few weeks back with 3 TE's out wide and a WR behind them. That gets 3 yards every time with our TE's. Mac is absolutely terrified to run the ball on 3rd down too. Why not take the ball out of AR's hands here and there relieve some of the pressure on the guy. He's a stud but come on other great QB's need and use their help. AR seems to want to use Adams only.........

You're Mark Murphy and you want to put an "end game" face on this thing?

Call Gute into the office - consult / advise / seek his input on this:

Removing the playcalling from MM and giving it to Philbin (presuming of course its a skill set he's shown he has - which I dont personally know).

That gets done - and the offense suddenly - miraculously starts to execute on downs and plays it's currently misfiring on - the answer is understood.
The "disease" identified. The cure known : make the switch permanent. If MM cant/wont tolerate that - "thank you for services rendered but we have to move on"

That will get rid or this ISSUE that it's MMs scheme and/or situational playcalling  -  OR  - its our gazillion dollar a year - media darling QB - greatest thing since slice bread - not getting $hit done on the field thats the problem.

It's time to take this disease into the laboratory. Get some tests done.

I will never accept as reasons MM should be fired as: (supposedly) poorly timed / called timeouts ; (supposed) challenge flag deficiencies - and other ticky-tac crap like that. Thats fan base / social media BS. None of these (supposed) crimes or transgressions reach the level of getting canned. It just doesnt and wont ever. OH - and another ticky-tac "concern" that MM gets too conservative at the wrong times - will be addressed and answered by implementing the above process.

I think the seasons gone in the dumper. The records may not make that a mathematical certainty - but we're gonna have to rip off wins in numbers our play doesnt prove possible - PLUS - we'll need help from others to defeat those ahead of us. To bring them back to us - in a way I dont see happening enough to make happen.

Do the necessary lab work  -  now.

It will make all future decisions clearer IMO.

Edit add on: Oh - btw - we're not trading AR. We've bought that meal and we're gonna have to eat it. So chill with the fantasy football theories.

3 minutes ago, TheOnlyThing said:

The coach in charge of offense decided that Ty Montgomery and Jamal Williams needed to be part of a 3-man running back rotation this season.

When fans (and Aaron Rodgers) noted that Aaron Jones was by far the more dynamic back and should be getting the lion's share of snaps, apologists for everything McCarthy does came up with you don't wear down Jones and then Jones just can't be counted on in the passing game.

Now, with the useless Montgomery banished to Baltimore, and the 3-yards and a cloud of dust Williams consigned to a couple of snaps a game, Jones is getting almost all of the snaps and flourishing.

This boneheaded coaching decision may well have cost the team a win in LA. 

That the coach had all offseason to implement an offense featuring Jones and instead decided to focus equally upon Montgomery and Williams is mind boggling.

It's a ******* RB. Jones is a damn good player. RBs don't sink seasons.

RBs who get suspended for the first two games and are banged up all training camp should not be given 100% of snaps immediately. Jones finally figuring out his **** on 3rd down is a big reason he's playing more. Does that happen if he's thrown in right away or do we continue to have drives killed due to pass protection reads?

And Again.

IT'S A FREAKING RB

Archived