Week 11 GDT: GB @ Seattle TreeSloths

incognito_man

Just now, incognito_man said:

I understand the finances involved. 

This is my entire point. It's why I said smart money is worried we made the wrong call...

We paid the right guy. Aaron is rare. Mac is a good WC offense coach. There's like 4-5 Mac's in the NFL at a given time, there's 1 Aaron every 50 years. 

It's pretty easy if I'm Gute. The only way the Packers are winning it all is to get talent around Aaron in a system that he's held accountable and challenged in. It was the same for Brett, and Mac should've got him 1 more SB if he didn't have one last Brett moment.

8 minutes ago, Ragnarok said:

He was.  Not anymore.

I do think he could go somewhere else and be successful like Andy Reid.  Sometimes a change of scenery is needed.  

I mean, he still is a good coach. It's a ****ty run they're on, but I'd still take McCarthy over a lot of coaches in the NFL.

But if you have a battle between a future HOF QB and a head coach, the head coach always loses.

2 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

We paid the right guy. Aaron is rare. Mac is a good WC offense coach. There's like 4-5 Mac's in the NFL at a given time, there's 1 Aaron every 50 years. 

It's pretty easy if I'm Gute. The only way the Packers are winning it all is to get talent around Aaron in a system that he's held accountable and challenged in. It was the same for Brett, and Mac should've got him 1 more SB if he didn't have one last Brett moment.

Aaron isn't rare right now. He was rare.

He's also 34 and the highest paid player with a shelf life well below MMs.

2 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

So you're just OK holding on to Mac and watching that for the next 4 mediocre years?

I don't know what's crazier, the guys adamant anything that goes wrong is for firing Mac, or the guys that see Aaron is completely broken, but still want to hold on to Mac and somehow think things aren't going to be the same the next year, and the next....

Archived