Week 11 GDT: GB @ Seattle TreeSloths

incognito_man

4 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

Just stop man. You're legit trolling at this point. If Mac is top 3 than Aaron is the best QB in the NFL this year too. 

You can be top 3 and have a down year.

He's not winning CotY this year, but smart money is worried GB made the wrong call paying Rodgers if it means we lose MM right now.

Let’s back the bus up just a minute...yes Rodgers missed some throws that could have gave us a chance but do not for a second say that we lost this game because of him.

Take it from someone who lives close to a Cleveland, were 10 games in and Rodgers has what? 2 turnovers? How many insane TDs and throws has he made? 

The problem we have is:

A) bad clock management and TO management. We never have the advantage there like NE does for example. Never ever never.

B) Injuries, can’t do anything about that.

C) Bad contracts we’ve been stuck in (Cobb, Matthews, bringing Tramon back).

D) Playcalling. So stale. So predictable.

Just now, incognito_man said:

He's not winning CotY this year, but smart money is worried GB made the wrong call paying Rodgers if it means we lose MM right now.

I'm worried Aaron's contract is the wrong call but not because it might run MM out of town

If he's going to play this way from now on, we're in for a world of pain. A world of pain.

2 minutes ago, Striker said:

Watch other coaches in the league and you'll see how bad coaching can be across many different teams.

MM is far from perfect, but he's still one of the top coaches in the league.

disagree. i'd like to see him go to a team like the browns and see if he has success elsewhere. he's not a top coach, he's just been fortunate. 

Just now, incognito_man said:

Well we paid him and it's done between the two of them, so so long Mac. You're a "QB guru" if you can't get your guy to play within your scheme you're stealing money too. They both suck right now.

5 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

Show me any time in NFL history in which a first year head coach took over for a team who missed the playoffs two years in a row and won a Super Bowl.

Hell, show me any head coach who took over for any team who missed the playoffs the previous year and went on to win a Super Bowl. 

If we fire McCarthy, it's two years minimum before we sniff the Super Bowl. 

First of all this team has the talent to compete for a Super Bowl currently if they had a decent coach. They don't. McCarthy is brutal.

Tony Dungy was fired after the 2001 season in Tampa Bay. They got into the playoffs with a 9-7 record. Gruden won the Super Bowl the next year. I know you want to define it down, but we're a playoff talent team with a piss poor coach. His best year he was an average coach. He will be Mike Sherman redux when he leaves. 

Just now, Siman08/OH said:

Let’s back the bus up just a minute...yes Rodgers missed some throws that could have gave us a chance but do not for a second say that we lost this game because of him.

Take it from someone who lives close to a Cleveland, were 10 games in and Rodgers has what? 2 turnovers? How many insane TDs and throws has he made? 

The problem we have is:

A) bad clock management and TO management. We never have the advantage there like NE does for example. Never ever never.

B) Injuries, can’t do anything about that.

C) Bad contracts we’ve been stuck in (Cobb, Matthews, bringing Tramon back).

D) Playcalling. So stale. So predictable.

His stats are certainly pretty. It sure helps when he's throwing it away a ton instead of trying to squeeze it into tight windows or taking unnecessary sacks with checkdown options available.

He is part of the problem this season. He helped lead amazing comebacks vs. Chicago and the 49ers but he is not right and it's also costing the team games. And when he's your most expensive player you CANNOT have him coming up short constantly like this.

1 minute ago, incognito_man said:

No way man AR has saved MM year in and year out. It’s now having an affect on AR the last couple years. MM has lost allot. He’s not a great coach. 

7 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

Show me any time in NFL history in which a first year head coach took over for a team who missed the playoffs two years in a row and won a Super Bowl.

Hell, show me any head coach who took over for any team who missed the playoffs the previous year and went on to win a Super Bowl. 

If we fire McCarthy, it's two years minimum before we sniff the Super Bowl. 

That's fine ..I'd take that gamble. We will never get there again with McCarthy/Rodgers.  Divorce!!!

Archived