Was It A Mistake Not To Draft Mitchell Trubisky?

NFL Network

So the Niners are still searching for a franchise QB as Jimmy looked brutal in 3 starts and only has 10 starts under his belt. Now look at what's going on in Chicago as Mitchell Trubisky is taking the leap in year 2 the same way Jared Goff & Carson Wentz did last year while we are still waiting. Remember the last time the Niners passed on a QB early in the draft 2005? God help them if Mitchell Trubisky ever leads the Bears to a SB win b/c I sure as hell am willing to guarantee Jimmy will lead us to a grand total of zero SB wins. Notice how I said wins and not appearances b/c it's a big difference e.g. Kap 2012.

13 minutes ago, NFL Network said:

So the Niners are still searching for a franchise QB as Jimmy looked brutal in 3 starts and only has 10 starts under his belt. Now look at what's going on in Chicago as Mitchell Trubisky is taking the leap in year 2 the same way Jared Goff & Carson Wentz did last year while we are still waiting. Remember the last time the Niners passed on a QB early in the draft 2005? God help them if Mitchell Trubisky ever leads the Bears to a SB win b/c I sure as hell am willing to guarantee Jimmy will lead us to a grand total of zero SB wins. Notice how I said wins and not appearances b/c it's a big difference e.g. Kap 2012.

First of all Jimmy didn't look brutal. He had a average game against the Vikings where he had too many turnovers and then the next game was a bit too carefull to not have so many turnover. The Chiefs game started bad for the whole team but during that game you saw Jimmy get the swagger back he player with last year and then the injury happened. I still have way more confidence in Jimmy being a good QB than i have that Trubisky will ever be a great one. 

Lol no, and Trubisky hasn't looked all that good as well. He's had two monster games against terrible defenses but aside from that has been very average. 

Garoppolo looked brutal in his three starts? Really? He didn't look great, but was starting to get in rhythm against the Chiefs. 

Brutal is a bit much.  Like its been said he had a bad week 1 and played conservatively week 2.  Had he not turn his ACL week 3 he was starting to get that swagger back.  That is likely a much more winnable a game had that tear not happened.  Also there are some games we probably win as we don't get the late Beathard game killing turnover.

40 minutes ago, NFL Network said:

So the Niners are still searching for a franchise QB as Jimmy looked brutal in 3 starts and only has 10 starts under his belt

Brutal? Meh. No. He looked like a guy with less than a dozen starts. You have to begin somewhere. Ups and downs. 

41 minutes ago, NFL Network said:

Now look at what's going on in Chicago as Mitchell Trubisky is taking the leap in year 2 the same way Jared Goff & Carson Wentz did last year while we are still waiting

I mean, right now he's basically Blake Bortles. A light switch who flips from great games to awful ones on a week to week basis. Let's hold the phone with crowning, or wondering if a mistake was made. Also, why is this conversation even about Trubisky. I mean, the best quarterback in football currently was taken 8 picks after Trubisky in the same draft. So why is the focus on the Chicago quarterback? That seems odd. 

42 minutes ago, NFL Network said:

God help them if Mitchell Trubisky ever leads the Bears to a SB win b/c I sure as hell am willing to guarantee Jimmy will lead us to a grand total of zero SB wins

It's silly to compare them that way given that the construction of the teams are completely different. If Trubisky wins a super bowl with the Bears, it doesn't mean he would have won one with the 49ers. 

Archived