Mock Drafts

bucsfan333

6 minutes ago, bucsfan333 said:

I'm not listening to anything parents say. Of course he's gonna back up what his son is doing.

Imagine having surgery for a core injury. And how often you use it for an football player. Yeah you don’t rush back from it until you’re healthy. 

3 minutes ago, Caaddy24 said:

Well, I don't like that either, and that blowup on his coach last night isn't a good look either. If we go to the 3-4, I wouldn't want to make him an end anyway. Correct me if I'm wrong, but teams don't draft at that position very high? 

I would like some fast linebackers that can cover. 

Vea and Payne went top 13 this year. Johnathan Allen went 17 last year. Sheldon Rankins, Kenny Clark, and Robert Nkemdiche all went in the first in '16.

Taven Bryan was a first this year but he's in a 4/3 and he's not a NT.

2 minutes ago, bucsfan333 said:

Vea and Payne went top 13 this year. Johnathan Allen went 17 last year. Sheldon Rankins, Kenny Clark, and Robert Nkemdiche all went in the first in '16.

Rankings plays in a 4-3. 

17 minutes ago, bucsfan333 said:

So not that often... Johnathan Allen I think could play anywhere I think he was just drafted as best player available.

39 minutes ago, bucsfan333 said:

I thought the Saints were dabbling in 3/4 back then. But a quick search isn't showing it.

I think it really comes down to do you expect your dlinemen to play a 1 or 2 gap scheme regardless of alignment.  Cam Jordan plays everywhere on the line and does stand up in nickel.  

Back to the mock drafts, I get why the Bucs are linked to a QB early.  Just so hard to pass on premiere front 7 prospects on defense for QB2 or lower in this draft.  Besides some of the interior dline we 've mentioned, some really good outside rushers will be available.  

As a fan of this team, can we have a defense middle of the pack in points given up?  Irregardless of who the QB is and a new RG, give me that goal on defense being achieved I believe the team will have meaningful games around Thanksgiving.  Baby steps.

19 minutes ago, ravishingone said:

I think it really comes down to do you expect your dlinemen to play a 1 or 2 gap scheme regardless of alignment.  Cam Jordan plays everywhere on the line and does stand up in nickel.  

Back to the mock drafts, I get why the Bucs are linked to a QB early.  Just so hard to pass on premiere front 7 prospects on defense for QB2 or lower in this draft.  Besides some of the interior dline we 've mentioned, some really good outside rushers will be available.  

As a fan of this team, can we have a defense middle of the pack in points given up?  Irregardless of who the QB is and a new RG, give me that goal on defense being achieved I believe the team will have meaningful games around Thanksgiving.  Baby steps.

We've got one elite group of players on this team. I'd like to try to get another group or two even good. QB is the most important position, no doubt. But it just doesn't look like a real upgrade is available. If we can add to the dline, oline, or secondary, we'll be a much better team. Then if Jameis sticks around and is still a mess, or Flacco or whoever isn't the answer, we can sell the farm for Herbert or Tua next year.

The strength in this draft is dline and pass rushers. I think it would be silly to not take at least one of each and instead reach on a QB.

1 hour ago, Caaddy24 said:

Well, I don't like that either, and that blowup on his coach last night isn't a good look either. If we go to the 3-4, I wouldn't want to make him an end anyway. Correct me if I'm wrong, but teams don't draft at that position very high? 

I would like some fast linebackers that can cover. 

I wonder if JPP could just be an End and we could draft some LBs. I’d love to grab Mosley in FA (especially if we got Harbaugh) and then put David at WLB and Beckwith at SAM. Maybe use another free agent signing on a RUSH guy and draft one too. You have to think Vea could be a dominant NT tho he’s always played in 4-3.

20 minutes ago, bucsfan333 said:

We've got one elite group of players on this team. I'd like to try to get another group or two even good. QB is the most important position, no doubt. But it just doesn't look like a real upgrade is available. If we can add to the dline, oline, or secondary, we'll be a much better team. Then if Jameis sticks around and is still a mess, or Flacco or whoever isn't the answer, we can sell the farm for Herbert or Tua next year.

The strength in this draft is dline and pass rushers. I think it would be silly to not take at least one of each and instead reach on a QB.

I don t have a problem with going the Jacksonville approach this offseason.  Build up both lines and hope you get better QB play.  It didn't work out this year, but the approach wasn t wrong.  If ever there was a year staring a team in the face to draft dline in the top 10, this is it.  Hoping the new GM doesn't out smart himself.

14 minutes ago, Lil' Shorty said:

All depending on how the new GM and HC view Winston, I could see them go real Jacksonville and negotiate a cap friendly 3 year extension to give him a shot with a new staff. Then it would be all about getting OL and DL to give him a better chance. 

The cap is probably going up another 10 million, if a new regime has hope for Winston playing on the 5th year option is not going to hurt them cap wise.  Let s face it, there is going to be plenty of roster turnover with a new regime creating cap space especially with a defense this awful 

24 minutes ago, ravishingone said:

The cap is probably going up another 10 million, if a new regime has hope for Winston playing on the 5th year option is not going to hurt them cap wise.  Let s face it, there is going to be plenty of roster turnover with a new regime creating cap space especially with a defense this awful 

DL and OL needs a major overhaul. I think Gholston, and Spence will be cut. McCoy most likely traded. Keep JPP, Vea, and Allen. Going to have to fix the OL in the draft. Don Smith will probably get overpaid by some desperate team. I’d like to see him with a new OL coach though. 

LT is such a weird position to evaluate. Donald Penn gave up eight or nine sacks a year and was highly regarded. D Smith gives up six and gets shat on. 😂 I get that Penn was nasty in the run game and D Smith sucks. But Smith is a better pass blocker than Penn was.

I understand we could do a lot better than D Smith. And I'm all for an upgrade. It's just funny how differently they're evaluated.

2 hours ago, bucsfan333 said:

LT is such a weird position to evaluate. Donald Penn gave up eight or nine sacks a year and was highly regarded. D Smith gives up six and gets shat on. 😂 I get that Penn was nasty in the run game and D Smith sucks. But Smith is a better pass blocker than Penn was.

I understand we could do a lot better than D Smith. And I'm all for an upgrade. It's just funny how differently they're evaluated.

Depends on who’s Available. Stud LTs  don’t grow on trees. Upgrading Smith might be difficult. 

18 minutes ago, REDandPEWTER said:

Depends on who’s Available. Stud LTs  don’t grow on trees. Upgrading Smith might be difficult. 

Little and Williams are great LT prospects. My thing with Smith is he does not finish plays and loafs too much. Smith run blocking skills aren’t good while Penn was a mauler. Penn effort and finishing plays were never a problem. I’d kick Smith at guard and see what happens before we turn the page. Either way, the trenches need to be fixed. If the top pass rushers off the board and we miss out on the top corner, OT is not a bad option. Dotson is done and I have no faith in Cappa.

Archived