Mock Drafts

bucsfan333

24 minutes ago, ravishingone said:

I understand the concern on White, I m just so hesistant to invest a top 5 pick on a CB.  He has to be dominant.  In this mock, I am assuming no oline or Oliver has been selected.  

LSU is DBU. Constantly pumping out quality DB’s. The eye in the sky dont lie the kid is a stud. LSU ran a bunch of cover 1 and quarters and his processing speed and understanding of route concepts is elite. 

He is a ballhawk and a slightly better prospect than TreDavious White. White is a pro bowl talent cb btw.

On 1/18/2019 at 3:05 PM, BucsDraftGeek47 said:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000001011490/article/daniel-jeremiah-mock-draft-10-kyler-murray-lands-with-patriots

Just saw this 

Disgusting 

If we dont draft a DE, DT, CB ( or maybe jonah williams) I'm going to be very upset 

What I appreciate about the Jeremiah mock draft, it at least gives us an idea what prospects right now are viewed as first round talents.  He was one of the first guys on that Marcus Davenport would be a first round choice.  Now I don t expect Jacobs to be the pick at 5, but that he is RB1 and a potential 1st rounder, and Oliver right now DT3 is fascinating

1 hour ago, ravishingone said:

What I appreciate about the Jeremiah mock draft, it at least gives us an idea what prospects right now are viewed as first round talents.  He was one of the first guys on that Marcus Davenport would be a first round choice.  Now I don t expect Jacobs to be the pick at 5, but that he is RB1 and a potential 1st rounder, and Oliver right now DT3 is fascinating

I like that idea a lot for the first few. That's what I was doing with my mock coaching threads. Just look at what the possibilities are. We've got four months until the draft. Let's look at and evaluate the prospects before we pencil them in.

11 minutes ago, bucsfan333 said:

I like that idea a lot for the first few. That's what I was doing with my mock coaching threads. Just look at what the possibilities are. We've got four months until the draft. Let's look at and evaluate the prospects before we pencil them in.

I don t discount that Licht thinks highly of White.  He has already drafted 2 LSU LBs and White clearly has the most accolades coming into the draft.  Why I believe right now he won t be in play at 5 is because I m not sure he can be that much of an upgrade over Kwon in this defense assuming Kwon s knee can heal properly.  

We all know Haskins is going top 5 which will screw up.pretty much every mock draft.  Bucs are in such a good spot at 5. 

Picking at five, before the first QB needy team, in such a top heavy draft of defensive linemen is great for us. 

The Giants at five, the Jags at seven, the Broncos at 10, and the Dolphins at 13 all would love to have the first shot at a QB.

With Nick Bosa, Quinnen Williams, Josh Allen, Rashan Gary, Devin White, Ed Oliver, Greedy Williams, and Byron Murphy all playing premium positions and being the best of the best in this draft, you've gotta think the balance between BPA and cost to move up/back is gonna be tough to find before it HAS to happen at five.

That's ignoring the top OT, whoever that is, when it's all said and done. And whoever blows up the combine and becomes an automatic top five pick.

25 minutes ago, bucsfan333 said:

Picking at five, before the first QB needy team, in such a top heavy draft of defensive linemen is great for us. 

The Giants at five, the Jags at seven, the Broncos at 10, and the Dolphins at 13 all would love to have the first shot at a QB.

With Nick Bosa, Quinnen Williams, Josh Allen, Rashan Gary, Devin White, Ed Oliver, Greedy Williams, and Byron Murphy all playing premium positions and being the best of the best in this draft, you've gotta think the balance between BPA and cost to move up/back is gonna be tough to find before it HAS to happen at five.

That's ignoring the top OT, whoever that is, when it's all said and done. And whoever blows up the combine and becomes an automatic top five pick.

The issue with this tackle class if Jonah really is being devalued, the next set of tackles who would be considered first round worthy all played RT in college.  I can t remember the last time a RT in college was drafted in the top 5.  Lane Johnson played LT at OU, and was moved by the Eagles. 

When Haskins is drafted in the top 5, the Bucs are guaranteed to get a shot at Bosa, Allen, Quinnen, Oliver or whoever is CB1.  Assuming Haskins is already drafted before 5, that pool of players I would be hesistant to trade down with a team for the next QB to be drafted.  I get wanting extra picks, but for me elite prospect trumps extra picks. The only reason Licht traded with Buffalo because the big 3 were already gone.

Alright. Let's look at possible trades, assuming the Giants, Jags, Broncos, and Dolphins are the only teams looking to move up.

The Cardinals pick at one. That pick is valued at 3,000.

The 49ers pick at two. That pick is valued at 2,600.

The Jets pick at three. That pick is valued at 2,200.

The Raiders pick at four. That pick is valued at 1,800.

We pick at five. That pick is valued at 1,700.

The Giants pick at six. That pick is valued at 1,600.

The Jaguars pick at seven. That pick is valued at 1,500. Which is already half the value of number one.

The Broncos pick at 10. That pick is valued at 1,300.

The Dolphins pick at 14. That pick is valued at 1,150.

Nobody's trading for number one. That's multiple ones and twos and threes and more. The Cardinals are stuck and will take either Bosa or Quinnen. It's a no brainier.

The 49ers have already invested so much into their dline the last several years. It's still not a great line. But Jimmy is their savior so trading back might make sense to give them as many options to surround him with talent as they can. So let's look at it.

The Giants have to make up roughly 1,000 points. They don't have a third. Their second round pick is only valued at 530. So they're looking at a 2019 first (1,600), a 2019 second (530), and a 2020 first. At least. Probably more.

The Jags gotta make up 1,100 points. So their first (1,500), second (520), third (245), and probably 2020 first gets it done. Or thereabouts.

The Broncos gotta make up their pick's whole value of 1,300. Their second is 490, third 235. Oof. They're gonna have to spend multiple firsts and seconds to even get in the conversation.

The Dolphins are out. No way they can afford it without reverse Ricky Williams-ing it.

The Jets don't have their second because of Darnold. So moving back would be a good thing.

The Giants would have to make up 600 points. Their second round pick is valued at 530. They might be able to pull off a trade with their first (1,600), second (530), and future second. But the Jets paid more last year for Darnold. So another pick might have to be involved. The Giants don't have a third so a future third might have to be what they offer. So far, this seems most likely.

The Jags have to make up 700 points. Their second is worth 520 points. Their 2019 first (1,500), 2019 second (520), and 2020 first might be enough to get the Jets to move back four spots.

Denver has to make up 1,100 points. Their second is worth 490. They're probably out of the sweepstakes for this pick. Unless Elway wants to trade their first three picks this year and first two picks next year.

The Dolphins are still out of range.

The Raiders already have two firsts and had the worst pass rush like ever. They have no business trading down and should absolutely stay put and take Allen or whoever the best pass rusher available is. But.

The Giants would only have to make up 200 points. So their first and second should do it. Maybe more to beat the Jags.

The Jags only have to make up 300 points. So their first and second should do it. More to beat the Giants.

The Broncos have to make up 500 points. So their second (490) and a future second or so should do it.

The Dolphins should finally be in the fray. They're only 650 back. Their second is worth 420. A future first probably helps seal the deal.

Then there's us.

5 minutes ago, bucsfan333 said:

Alright. Let's look at possible trades, assuming the Giants, Jags, Broncos, and Dolphins are the only teams looking to move up.

The Cardinals pick at one. That pick is valued at 3,000.

The 49ers pick at two. That pick is valued at 2,600.

The Jets pick at three. That pick is valued at 2,200.

The Raiders pick at four. That pick is valued at 1,800.

We pick at five. That pick is valued at 1,700.

The Giants pick at six. That pick is valued at 1,600.

The Jaguars pick at seven. That pick is valued at 1,500. Which is already half the value of number one.

The Broncos pick at 10. That pick is valued at 1,300.

The Dolphins pick at 14. That pick is valued at 1,150.

Nobody's trading for number one. That's multiple ones and twos and threes and more. The Cardinals are stuck and will take either Bosa or Quinnen. It's a no brainier.

The 49ers have already invested so much into their dline the last several years. It's still not a great line. But Jimmy is their savior so trading back might make sense to give them as many options to surround him with talent as they can. So let's look at it.

The Giants have to make up roughly 1,000 points. They don't have a third. Their second round pick is only valued at 530. So they're looking at a 2019 first (1,600), a 2019 second (530), and a 2020 first. At least. Probably more.

The Jags gotta make up 1,100 points. So their first (1,500), second (520), third (245), and probably 2020 first gets it done. Or thereabouts.

The Broncos gotta make up their pick's whole value of 1,300. Their second is 490, third 235. Oof. They're gonna have to spend multiple firsts and seconds to even get in the conversation.

The Dolphins are out. No way they can afford it without reverse Ricky Williams-ing it.

The Jets don't have their second because of Darnold. So moving back would be a good thing.

The Giants would have to make up 600 points. Their second round pick is valued at 530. They might be able to pull off a trade with their first (1,600), second (530), and future second. But the Jets paid more last year for Darnold. So another pick might have to be involved. The Giants don't have a third so a future third might have to be what they offer. So far, this seems most likely.

The Jags have to make up 700 points. Their second is worth 520 points. Their 2019 first (1,500), 2019 second (520), and 2020 first might be enough to get the Jets to move back four spots.

Denver has to make up 1,100 points. Their second is worth 490. They're probably out of the sweepstakes for this pick. Unless Elway wants to trade their first three picks this year and first two picks next year.

The Dolphins are still out of range.

The Raiders already have two firsts and had the worst pass rush like ever. They have no business trading down and should absolutely stay put and take Allen or whoever the best pass rusher available is. But.

The Giants would only have to make up 200 points. So their first and second should do it. Maybe more to beat the Jags.

The Jags only have to make up 300 points. So their first and second should do it. More to beat the Giants.

The Broncos have to make up 500 points. So their second (490) and a future second or so should do it.

The Dolphins should finally be in the fray. They're only 650 back. Their second is worth 420. A future first probably helps seal the deal.

Then there's us.

That s good work.  I believe trade talks start at 3.  SF and AZ are stuck with their picks.  Gruden is crazy, so who know what he is going to do at 4.  I would  be shocked if Haskins was still on the board at 5, simply because the Jets are missing their 2nd rounder and Gruden has been in the mode of acquiring picks.

3 minutes ago, ravishingone said:

That s good work.  I believe trade talks start at 3.  SF and AZ are stuck with their picks.  Gruden is crazy, so who know what he is going to do at 4.  I would  be shocked if Haskins was still on the board at 5, simply because the Jets are missing their 2nd rounder and Gruden has been in the mode of acquiring picks.

Yeah. I think the Jets make a trade at three. That seems to make the most sense. 

So we're probably picking at five. 

15 minutes ago, bucsfan333 said:

Yeah. I think the Jets make a trade at three. That seems to make the most sense. 

So we're probably picking at five. 

I think it will be Jacksonville making the move.  Marrone is on a short leash, but Coughlin isn t going anywhere.  Bortles cap hit is going to limit their options getting a QB in free agency.  And Oakland at 4, Mayock is working for Gruden not vice versa  so who knows how the Raiders draft board will be.  I would not shocked to see White gone by 5.

Archived