Panthers @ Lions

teude

It was a game of 1/3's. The first 3rd looked like it was going to be another week where the Lions get manhandled. The 2nd 3rd was where the Panthers were faltering  and we had a nice rushing attack. The last 3rd was where the Panthers started to come back and it looked like they were going to walk away with the W.

The cupboard is quite bare at WR when Jones isn't there. Blount also appears to have lost a step. He was never the fastest guy but he just doesn't seem to have the punch that he used to (pardon the pun).

2 hours ago, Karnage84 said:

It was a game of 1/3's. The first 3rd looked like it was going to be another week where the Lions get manhandled. The 2nd 3rd was where the Panthers were faltering  and we had a nice rushing attack. The last 3rd was where the Panthers started to come back and it looked like they were going to walk away with the W.

The cupboard is quite bare at WR when Jones isn't there. Blount also appears to have lost a step. He was never the fastest guy but he just doesn't seem to have the punch that he used to (pardon the pun).

I agree with your assessment of Blount. When he’s on the field the defence doesn’t have to worry about him getting the edge he doesn’t seem to produce much inside either.

44 minutes ago, diehardlionfan said:

I agree with your assessment of Blount. When he’s on the field the defence doesn’t have to worry about him getting the edge he doesn’t seem to produce much inside either.

I wanted Blount from his rookie season.. unfortunately it seems like we got him at least 1 year too late. Same deal as with TJ Lang.

1 hour ago, Karnage84 said:

I wanted Blount from his rookie season.. unfortunately it seems like we got him at least 1 year too late. Same deal as with TJ Lang.

I think your right. 

Injuries have taken a toll on TJ. I hope for his health he retires. 

The Lions are shaping up to potentially have a great deal of cap space.

20 minutes ago, diehardlionfan said:

I think your right. 

Injuries have taken a toll on TJ. I hope for his health he retires. 

The Lions are shaping up to potentially have a great deal of cap space.

If Lang retires, how would this impact our salary cap? Over The Cap has dead money of $2.26M and it'd open up $8M if he's cut. Assuming we'd have to eat the dead money.

I don't see a scenario where Ansah comes back, so that's another $17M opened up.

1 hour ago, Karnage84 said:

If Lang retires, how would this impact our salary cap? Over The Cap has dead money of $2.26M and it'd open up $8M if he's cut. Assuming we'd have to eat the dead money.

I don't see a scenario where Ansah comes back, so that's another $17M opened up.

The last I checked if Quinn and Lang retire and Ansah doesn’t return the Lions have around 55 million.

9 hours ago, Karnage84 said:

Blount also appears to have lost a step. He was never the fastest guy but he just doesn't seem to have the punch that he used to (pardon the pun).

Blount should only get the ball in goal line situations, yet they keep trying to give it to him and let him try to get to the edge. That just isn't his game, especially at this stage in his career.

18 hours ago, Nnivolcm said:

Blount should only get the ball in goal line situations, yet they keep trying to give it to him and let him try to get to the edge. That just isn't his game, especially at this stage in his career.

I think a part of it is they're trying to be too cute and trying to not telegraph the play when he's in. If it's 3rd and 1 and he's in there, we would all assume they're giving him the ball.. which is likely the case. They could also just assume that people expect Blount to rush up the middle and hope he can bust one while some LB tries to cheat inside.

Archived