Jalen Ramsey hopes to ink long-term deal this offseason

.Buzz

31 minutes ago, LinderFournette said:

herbert seems to be as a prospect. has the size, arm, and athelticism to be whether or not that potential is reached remains to be seen but hes got the tools and hes been productive. 

When I see Herbert I see Christian Ponder 2.0 Personally I think the Jags are praying Haskin comes out the Jags scouts have been to 5 OSU games this year and I'm not sold on him either. He has a nice live arm and he is surprisingly accurate but he doesn't exactly throw wideouts open which is what the top notch QBs do. He has potential but all these QBs scare the hell out of me. To bad Tua and Trevor don't come out this year those kids are next level as a sophomore and true freshman.

4 hours ago, LinderFournette said:

unless herbert and or haskins declares this class of QB doesnt smell like franchise elite QB territory. 

Yeah, this doesn't look like a great quarterback class. It's a real shame.

But although I don't expect to upgrade Ramsey as a player, I do believe he can be more valuable as a bargaining chip rather than a player on the team.

11 hours ago, pwny said:

How?

I'll take a first round pick for him any day. Especially if it means drafting his cheaper replacement and allowing some flexibility with the other first to go get a quarterback. 

He's going to be an expensive distraction and hinder our ability to retain or sign more impactful players. 

I believe he'll be traded on draft day and that the trade will be part of what brings in Blake's replacement. 

At the end of the day, this lost season and his pissy attitude is why were even having this conversation. 

1 hour ago, MoJo122-b-21 said:

I'll take a first round pick for him any day. Especially if it means drafting his cheaper replacement and allowing some flexibility with the other first to go get a quarterback. 

He's going to be an expensive distraction and hinder our ability to retain or sign more impactful players. 

I believe he'll be traded on draft day and that the trade will be part of what brings in Blake's replacement. 

At the end of the day, this lost season and his pissy attitude is why were even having this conversation. 

How the heck do you come to the conclusion you come to on pretty much all your points?

You act like Ramsey is hated league wide and is some kind of toxic player.

The guy is great off the field and talks a little too much in the off-season. Big whoop. You don't let a future HOF caliber player out the door because he sometimes talks too much.

Just now, .Buzz said:

How the heck do you come to the conclusion you come to on pretty much all your points?

You act like Ramsey is hated league wide and is some kind of toxic player.

The guy is great off the field and talks a little too much in the off-season. Big whoop. You don't let a future HOF caliber player out the door because he sometimes talks too much.

Expecting players to never talk or show frustration with losing is a crazy, crazy thing.

What was Deion doing back in the day? 

2 hours ago, MoJo122-b-21 said:

I didn't think it would hurt feelings to be ok with moving on from Ramsey. I just wanted to be part of the discussion and look at it other from a different angle. Maybe I just value front 7 guys more than DB's as far as financial investments. 

I just don't understand the logic of spending a top 5 pick on a player, getting everything you could ever ask out of that pick and then trading it for another first round pick. What is even the point of drafting a DB in the top 5 if you would rather have a single first round pick than the perfect outcome with the selection you made?

If having an elite CB long term is worth less to the team than the resource it took to acquire him in the first place, why even spend the resource on him to begin with? 

1 hour ago, pwny said:

I just don't understand the logic of spending a top 5 pick on a player, getting everything you could ever ask out of that pick and then trading it for another first round pick. What is even the point of drafting a DB in the top 5 if you would rather have a single first round pick than the perfect outcome with the selection you made?

If having an elite CB long term is worth less to the team than the resource it took to acquire him in the first place, why even spend the resource on him to begin with? 

because he gives real answers when he's asked questions and fans like to hear playerspeak even though they say they like personalities

• 3 weeks later...

Archived