SNF: Purple People Eaters @ the Monsters of the Midway

riceman80

Just now, Outpost31 said:

Yeah, sorry, Trubisky going 50% with 113 yards and 1 touchdown against the Ravens isn't enough for me.  I don't care if that was the 85 Bears he played, 50%, 113 yards and 1 TD isn't enough to convince me I should go all in on my rookie QB starting his second year. 

Haha how did I know you were going to boxscore scout and come to that conclusion.  Please actually go watch the game before you make that statement.

Also, Ryan Pace and Matt Nagy don't need your validation from a stat sheet to confirm their confidence in their QB.

Regardless of any of that, they drafted they guy #2 overall just 2 years ago and they are going to give him a fair shot at being the guy for the foreseeable future.  So with that said why the eff not go all in by taking the pressure off him in making the defense a force and see what happens?  Scared money don't make money...

Just now, topwop1 said:

Haha how did I know you were going to boxscore scout and come to that conclusion.  Please actually go watch the game before you make that statement.

I did watch that game actually.  It wasn't a bad game.  It also wasn't anything that would make me put money on him being a Super Bowl QB. 

Like I said, @ me in three years and we'll see how it worked out. 

Just now, Outpost31 said:

Yeah, sorry, Trubisky going 50% with 113 yards and 1 touchdown against the Ravens isn't enough for me.  I don't care if that was the 85 Bears he played, 50%, 113 yards and 1 TD isn't enough to convince me I should go all in on my rookie QB starting his second year. 

Dont box score scout watch the game.  Do that on all the games, if you are trying to stat watch you are going to continue to be confused.  You keep talking about cap health, neglecting the continuous rise in the cap.and that the Bears HAVE GREAT CAP MANAGEMENT!  All you have to do is look at the mistakes that the Bears have made in FA the last several years. Not a single one of those errors (of which there are quite a few) have effected the Bears ability to correct and maintain cap health. Why is that? Bc Ryan Pace has done a spectacular job in adding talent on days 2 and 3 of the draft and a large portion of the core has been built with those picks including

Eddie Goldman

Adrian Amos

Cody Whitehair

Jordan Howard

Adam Shaheen

Tarik Cohen

Eddie Jackson

James Daniels

Anthony Miller

Bilal Nichols

Those are starters drafted on days 2 and 3 of the draft.  That's 10/22 starters.  That's not even looking at some of the quality depth the Bears added on those days as well.  Yeah I think the Bears will survive the draft minus essentially 1 pick from the trade.

Just now, Superman(DH23) said:

Dont box score scout watch the game.  Do that on all the games, if you are trying to stat watch you are going to continue to be confused. 

I did watch the game, as I said.  Trubisky does not look special to me.  His year this year is more Nagy than Trubisky to me. 

Eddie Goldman - 2nd round pick, you don't got one this year. 

Cody Whitehair - 2nd round pick, you don't got one this year. 

Adam Shaheen - 2nd round pick, 12 career receptions.

James Daniels - 2nd round pick, you don't got one this year. 

Anthony Miller - 2nd round pick, you don't got one this year.

Yeah I think the Bears will survive the draft minus essentially 1 pick from the trade.

And I don't think they will.  That's why I keep telling you to @ me once all the smoke of uncertainty clears. 

4 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

I did watch the game, as I said.  Trubisky does not look special to me.  His year this year is more Nagy than Trubisky to me. 

Eddie Goldman - 2nd round pick, you don't got one this year. 

Cody Whitehair - 2nd round pick, you don't got one this year. 

Adam Shaheen - 2nd round pick, 12 career receptions.

James Daniels - 2nd round pick, you don't got one this year. 

And I don't think they will.  That's why I keep telling you to @ me once all the smoke of uncertainty clears. 

Your right, they dont have 1 this year, but they have 2 next year, that's what you keep seeming to forget.  Unless you think the loss of 1 pick is so great a loss that it cant be overcome, and if that's the case, why does anybody ever make a trade.

Oh and Shaheens 12 career receptions includes 3 TDs and a 2 pt conversion.  John Fox felt the need to not use him as an offensive weapon until week 10 last year and then he got hurt, and he was on IR until last night.

3 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

The Anthony Miller pick last year was borrowed from 2019.

Bears essentially got their 2019 2nd round pick a year early.  If he continues to be the player that he looks like he will be then this will be a steal and a half.

Just now, topwop1 said:

The Anthony Miller pick last year was borrowed from 2019.

Bears essentially got their 2019 2nd round pick a year early.  If he continues to be the player that he looks like he will be then this will be a steal and a half.

No, that's the entire thing I'm arguing here.  Future stealing.  My entire point is that the Bears put too many chips into now while not preparing them for the future. 

You can say the Bears stole from 2019 and got the same production, but every single team they're playing this year has avenues to get better next year while the Bears will stay the same. 

Your right, they dont have 1 this year, but they have 2 next year, that's what you keep seeming to forget.  Unless you think the loss of 1 pick is so great a loss that it cant be overcome, and if that's the case, why does anybody ever make a trade.

Yeah, two years from now how does the Bears roster look?  That's my point.  By that time they'll need second round picks and the first round pick they won't have. 

In 2020 when you get those two first round picks, Mack will be 29 going on 30 in February.  Trevathan, Acho, Whitehair and Jordan Howard will be free agents before that draft and the Bears will have the third lowest amount of cap space.  They're not going to be adding anything with those picks, they'll be replacing who they lose. 

For the billionth time, get back to me in a couple years.  This conversation at this point is speculation.  Yours isn't wrong, mine isn't wrong.  That's the point of speculation.  We could talk about it for 37 posts back and forth.  You have to believe in a positive outcome.  That's natural.  I see it as a mistake.  We won't know who is right until at least the start of the 2020 season.  So let's talk about it then. 

11 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

No, that's the entire thing I'm arguing here.  Future stealing.  My entire point is that the Bears put too many chips into now while not preparing them for the future. 

You can say the Bears stole from 2019 and got the same production, but every single team they're playing this year has avenues to get better next year while the Bears will stay the same. 

Yeah, two years from now how does the Bears roster look?  That's my point.  By that time they'll need second round picks and the first round pick they won't have. 

In 2020 when you get those two first round picks, Mack will be 29 going on 30 in February.  Trevathan, Acho, Whitehair and Jordan Howard will be free agents before that draft and the Bears will have the third lowest amount of cap space.  They're not going to be adding anything with those picks, they'll be replacing who they lose. 

For the billionth time, get back to me in a couple years.  This conversation at this point is speculation.  Yours isn't wrong, mine isn't wrong.  That's the point of speculation.  We could talk about it for 37 posts back and forth.  You have to believe in a positive outcome.  That's natural.  I see it as a mistake.  We won't know who is right until at least the start of the 2020 season.  So let's talk about it then. 

So do you have a crystal ball or do you expect everything right now to not change in the next 2 years.  I will bet you an internet cookie that the Bears wont have the 3rd least amount of cap.space in 2020.  Again your whole argument centers around a team who has been very, very good at drafting in the mid to late rounds, cant overcome the loss of 1 pick.  Do you know how ridiculous that sounds.  And you're reasoning is that they are 3rd lowest in cap space 2 YEARS FROM NOW.  I just dont get it. That seems like more of a Packers fan hope than a rational objective viewpoint. More so than me being a Bears fan and all optimistic

So do you have a crystal ball or do you expect everything right now to not change in the next 2 years.

No, that's actually the entire point to my argument.  Teams change.  The Bears will change.  Without the cap space and draft capital, they will not be able to keep up with the changes of the rest of the NFL. 

My entire point is that you need that cap space and draft capital to continue to evolve and change to replace aging players and constantly improve.  The Bears don't have that ability going forward. 

Change coming from an abundance of picks and an abundance of cap space typically result in better performance than changes coming from a lack of picks and a lack of cap space. 

2 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

No, that's actually the entire point to my argument.  Teams change.  The Bears will change.  Without the cap space and draft capital, they will not be able to keep up with the changes of the rest of the NFL. 

My entire point is that you need that cap space and draft capital to continue to evolve and change to replace aging players and constantly improve.  The Bears don't have that ability going forward. 

Change coming from an abundance of picks and an abundance of cap space typically result in better performance than changes coming from a lack of picks and a lack of cap space. 

Why, we can agree that everything is going to change, so why cant a team with great cap management and good drafting evolve and add to their team.  You say everything changes, but then expect.the Bears just be status quo.  You are arguing against yourself and you cant see that you just hope that it's the case bc you are looking at Mack and that defense and realizing you have to face that defense, which will be the same next year except for the very replaceable ss and the 3rd olb, twice a year for the remainder of Rodgers career.  I get it, you have to hope, but dont try to claim that it's an objective viewpoint.

Archived