Week 12: Jacksonville Jaguars (3-7) @ Buffalo Bills (3-7) - Status Quo

Adrenaline_Flux

Just now, Adrenaline_Flux said:

I disagree. He's susceptible to big plays sometimes, but he was that way last year too. He's still really good.

Doesn't pass the eye test for me this year. He's been getting beat a lot more often than I ever remember last year.

A play here or there is going to happen. But in the games he's played it's been more than that I feel like.

Just now, .Buzz said:

Doesn't pass the eye test for me this year. He's been getting beat a lot more often than I ever remember last year.

A play here or there is going to happen. But in the games he's played it's been more than that I feel like.

It has looked the same to me. I think the big difference is we were winning and getting turnovers so we didn't scrutinize as much.

1 minute ago, .Buzz said:

Yeah, he has taken some absolutely atrocious angles on runs too. He was very good last year, he has not been at all this year

1 minute ago, Adrenaline_Flux said:

and gotta plan in case we get down to the 4th string at LT

Ohhhh pfffffffffffft.  They had 2 guys on the entire roster who could play LT even somewhat competently.  Literally nothing behind that as even a fallback option.  It's obtuse to think that's the same as blasting them for not having half a dozen spare LTs on the roster or something.

5 minutes ago, .Buzz said:

Honestly if we can get a rookie QB this team is set up decently well imo. Obviously need more talent at WR and RT probably, but...

The QBs coming in next year look terrible. I say wait for Trevor Lawrence and tank for him. He'll be worth it entirely. I wouldn't mind Tua or Fromm either.  

2 minutes ago, Tugboat said:

Ohhhh pfffffffffffft.  They had 2 guys on the entire roster who could play LT even somewhat competently.  Literally nothing behind that as even a fallback option.  It's obtuse to think that's the same as blasting them for not having half a dozen spare LTs on the roster or something.

How many teams have a confident plan for a third string LT? A lot of teams don't even have one for first string.

but I agree. should have brought in a couple more starting LTs off the LT tree.

2 minutes ago, Tugboat said:

See.  Don't let Bortles throw the ball.  Bad stuff happens.

No we know why we've been running the ball in obvious passing situation. Sheesh. Jaguars need to fire Dave Caldwell so this whole Blake Borles fiasco can come to an end. He's only starting because Dave is leading that charge. 

5 minutes ago, Adrenaline_Flux said:

It has looked the same to me. I think the big difference is we were winning and getting turnovers so we didn't scrutinize as much.

Yeah.  I don't think he's looked all that different.  More just that the team around him has been bad, and we've had a lot more problems in the secondary with communication and stuff like Barry Chuch being suddenly very old that has made the whole unit look less stellar.  Jalen hasn't had the same kind of year either, but that kind of season is hard to replicate...to have everything go that well all at once.

Archived