Week 12: Jacksonville Jaguars (3-7) @ Buffalo Bills (3-7) - Status Quo

Adrenaline_Flux

Just now, Jags said:

The QBs coming in next year look terrible. I say wait for Trevor Lawrence and tank for him. He'll be worth it entirely. I wouldn't mind Tua or Fromm either.  

Terrible? Ehhh.

There's no Luck or obvious franchise guy. But plenty of guys in the class have tools. Herbert, Haskins, Lock, maybe Grier are all interesting. 

Just now, Tugboat said:

Yeah.  I don't think he's looked all that different.  More just that the team around him has been bad, and we've had a lot more problems in the secondary with communication and stuff like Barry Chuch being suddenly very old that has made the whole unit look less stellar.  Jalen hasn't had the same kind of year either, but that kind of season is hard to replicate...to have everything go that well all at once.

There were communication issues last year too, though it's definitely worse this year. We just aren't getting the turnovers to make up for it.

1 minute ago, Adrenaline_Flux said:

How many teams have a confident plan for a third string LT? A lot of teams don't even have one for first string.

but I agree. should have brought in a couple more starting LTs off the LT tree.

Tons of teams have RTs and even Gs who can step in at LT in a pinch and not be as bad as any of the guys we've trotted out there.  It's really not an unreasonable sort of depth to expect, if you're going to lean on the OLine to protect your trash QB this heavily.

Just now, Tugboat said:

Tons of teams have RTs and even Gs who can step in at LT in a pinch and not be as bad as any of the guys we've trotted out there.  It's really not an unreasonable sort of depth to expect, if you're going to lean on the OLine to protect your trash QB this heavily.

Who are these teams?

2 minutes ago, Jags said:

No we know why we've been running the ball in obvious passing situation. Sheesh. Jaguars need to fire Dave Caldwell so this whole Blake Borles fiasco can come to an end. He's only starting because Dave is leading that charge. 

I don't care if Caldwell stays or goes, but let's not act like we didn't discuss and look at moving on or if Coughlin wanted us to pull the trigger on another QB before this season that Caldwell would have been able to stop it.

Just now, Adrenaline_Flux said:

I don't care if Caldwell stays or goes, but let's not act like we didn't discuss and look at moving on or if Coughlin wanted us to pull the trigger on another QB before this season that Caldwell would have been able to stop it.

You make a good point. 

6 minutes ago, Jags said:

The QBs coming in next year look terrible. I say wait for Trevor Lawrence and tank for him. He'll be worth it entirely. I wouldn't mind Tua or Fromm either.  

I'd disagree that the QBs this year look "terrible".  Lacking bluechip 1st round star prospects, sure...but there are plenty of guys with some upside.

But more importantly...how on earth do you even "wait for Trevor Lawrence" and tank for him?  You just like...send Bortles back out there next year?  Because that's the worst plan ever.  But pretty much the only way you're going to come close to "tanking" the season, short of blowing up this defense and gutting the running game.

5 minutes ago, Adrenaline_Flux said:

I also wouldn't mind QBs better than Trevor Lawrence.

Lol. Trevor is a freshman, but I am sure he'll have a better NFL career. Book it and tell me I told you so in the next decade or so. 

Archived