Week 12: Jacksonville Jaguars (3-7) @ Buffalo Bills (3-7) - Status Quo

Adrenaline_Flux

Just now, Adrenaline_Flux said:

or a plan d

Let’s work on having a plan b anywhere on the roster before we get fancy and talk about concepts like extended depth. You’re getting way ahead of anything this team can handle.

That’s like a 102 level concept. Our franchise is stuck in the remedial classes and even the 101 stuff is hard to grasp.

Just now, pwny said:

Let’s work on having a plan b anywhere on the roster before we get fancy and talk about concepts like extended depth. You’re getting way ahead of anything this team can handle.

That’s like a 102 level concept. Our franchise is stuck in the remedial classes and even the 101 stuff is hard to grasp.

Again, I think you vastly give too much credit to other franchises. 

but hey, another OL likely out for the year so we can keep talking about how we should have had 12 starting quality players on the OL when pretty much every team can't even field 5.

5 minutes ago, pwny said:

Kessler at backup QB, Dede/Lee/Moncrief/Cole/Mickens/Chark at WR, Wells at LT, depth for days along the DL, Harrison and Wilson backing up at safety, Patmon who had his moments last year along with Meeks who was highly viewed and had a good time in camp and translated it into the field in a start.

Don't act like coming into the season we didn't have some solid depth at spots. Our WRs largely regressed/got bombarded with more injuries than you can feasibly account for. But we had spots where we have/had competent plan B's, or at least as solid as you can expect from backups.

Just now, .Buzz said:

Kessler at backup QB, Dede/Lee/Moncrief/Cole/Mickens/Charles at WR, Wells at LT, depth for days along the DL, Harrison and Wilson backing up at safety, Patmon who had his moments last year along with Meeks who was highly viewed and had a good time in camp and translated it into the field in a start.

Don't act like coming into the season we didn't have some solid depth at spots. Our WRs largely regressed/got bombarded with more injuries than you can feasibly account for. But we had spots where we have/had competent plan B's, or at least as solid as you can expect from backups.

nope, all trash

but hey, another OL likely out for the year so we can keep talking about how we should have had 12 starting quality players on the OL when pretty much every team can't even field 5.

Yeah, and the others can act like the team is only in trouble because of how many players were lost and not that the problem started when literally one player player got hurt. And we can pretend like the entire roster wasn’t constructed where one injury or player being bad would cripple any player grouping.

Just now, pwny said:

Yeah, and the others can act like the team is only in trouble because of how many players were lost and not that the problem started when literally one player player got hurt. And we can pretend like the entire roster wasn’t constructed where one injury or player being bad would cripple any player grouping.

I think the general consensus has been that injuries, poor scheming/utilization by the coordinators, and broken Bortles are why we have been bad. It's not just one thing.

I feel like our interior OLine depth is actually pretty fine tbh.  Lots of guys who can move around within the interior and play different spots there and you can hide guys a little better inside.  But that's more what your depth should look like.  It's the bookends where everything seems to crumble, where the depth was totally inadequate.

Obviously we've got some absurd injuries starting to pile up to the interior starters too, and at some point there's nothing left to even insulate depth players stepping in.  But i wouldn't really rag on our interior OLine depth plan too much.

2 minutes ago, .Buzz said:

Kessler at backup QB, Dede/Lee/Moncrief/Cole/Mickens/Chark at WR, Wells at LT, depth for days along the DL, Harrison and Wilson backing up at safety, Patmon who had his moments last year along with Meeks who was highly viewed and had a good time in camp and translated it into the field in a start.

In what world is Cody Kessler a quality backup plan for Blake being bad? You know how I know he’s a terrible backup plan? Because the staff still won’t let him play despite Blake being the living embodiment of dog ****.

I literally said this was going to happen with the WRs this offseason. There were like 4 of us in the forum who spent all offseason railing on this, all predicting that these WRs would regress. But sure, you couldn’t account for it.

Depth for days on the DL? We have the depth to supply a normal rotation of players. That’s it.

3 minutes ago, Adrenaline_Flux said:

I think the general consensus has been that injuries, poor scheming/utilization by the coordinators, and broken Bortles are why we have been bad. It's not just one thing.

It's definitely not just one thing.  And Bortles awfulness kinda overshadows everything else...as bad QB play tends to do.  But it is still things like depth at critical positions (or lack thereof) playing a role as well.  Can't afford to just ignore that problem just because they've got bigger disasters on the go.

3 minutes ago, Tugboat said:

I feel like our interior OLine depth is actually pretty fine tbh.  Lots of guys who can move around within the interior and play different spots there and you can hide guys a little better inside.  But that's more what your depth should look like.  It's the bookends where everything seems to crumble, where the depth was totally inadequate.

Obviously we've got some absurd injuries starting to pile up to the interior starters too, and at some point there's nothing left to even insulate depth players stepping in.  But i wouldn't really rag on our interior OLine depth plan too much.

I don't even dislike our interior OL depth. But all three have had to start a considerable amount this year and that's bad for any team regardless of how good the depth is, because there's a reason they aren't starting in an OL-weak league.

4 minutes ago, pwny said:

Depth for days on the DL? We have the depth to supply a normal rotation of players. That’s it.

before the season, we were considered the best depth DL in the league with arguments for the Vikings and Eagles

Smoot was inactive most of the year before we moved Fowler, and he'd probably be a priority rotational guy for a chunk of teams.

1 minute ago, pwny said:

In what world is Cody Kessler a quality backup plan for Blake being bad? You know how I know he’s a terrible backup plan? Because the staff still won’t let him play despite Blake being the living embodiment of dog ****.

xD

I think that's about as definitive as it gets really.

A backup plan that isn't good enough to use over a broken Bortles who you don't trust to throw the ball ever...just isn't a good backup plan.

Archived