Week 12: Jacksonville Jaguars (3-7) @ Buffalo Bills (3-7) - Status Quo

Adrenaline_Flux

1 minute ago, Tugboat said:

Haskins is such a tough read.  He's still really raw, and he's got some mechanical idiosycracies...but then you see games like yesterday and i can kinda see it.  But i have that nagging concern in the back of my head that he's just throwing to an extremely talented receiving corps and it feels like they're always just running wide open for him (which obviously won't be the case in the NFL).  Feels very boom or bust.  Kinda reminds me of when Cardale took the world by storm...but it could still really go either way.

Yeah, pretty much. I really think he should stay in school and expect him to.

3 minutes ago, Adrenaline_Flux said:

If everyone has three starting caliber LTs capable of starting multiple games in a season without being liability, I really wish we had traded with some of them.

Playoffs should be interesting too with all these holeless teams. 

Nobody is saying "starting caliber" or expecting amazing 3rd string LT play.  Just...not complete and utterly worthless **** filler beyond 2 guys.  That's the ask.  It's really not an uncommon situation for teams to have more than 2 guys who can play LT and keep their head halfway above water at a level that with a little scheming, doesn't entirely tank an OLine.

Nobody is saying "starting caliber" or expecting amazing 3rd string LT play.  Just...not complete and utterly worthless **** filler beyond 2 guys.  That's the ask.  It's really not an uncommon situation for teams to have more than 2 guys who can play LT and keep their head halfway above water at a level that with a little scheming, doesn't entirely tank an OLine.

ah, so you can't name any. Got it.

8 minutes ago, .Buzz said:

No, good teams don't have 3rd string guys who can come in and keep things clean. They just don't. 

Most of the time when a team gets to the point we did they are picking guys off of their/others practice squads and hoping and praying they find a diamond in the rough. OLs are awful league wide, to expect a 3rd string to come in and not have troubles anywhere along the line is insane imo.

There's a big difference between expecting "no trouble"...and expecting something at least partially competent though.  And the latter is something most teams have.  Or even like you said...sometimes even manage to pluck off or practice squads and the like.  And they're still better than what this team had as our 3rd string LT.  That's the point.

2 minutes ago, Adrenaline_Flux said:

ah, so you can't name any. Got it.

No.  I'm saying there's no point singling out and listing specific teams because it's more common than not.  I'd have a hard time naming a team with a worse 3rd string LT than we set off on the season with.

Pick a team, pretty much any team...and they probably fit the bill.  Heck, this Bills team we're playing would qualify.

No.  I'm saying there's no point singling out and listing specific teams because it's more common than not.  I'd have a hard time naming a team with a worse 3rd string LT than we set off on the season with.

Pick a team, pretty much any team...and they probably fit the bill.  Heck, this Bills team we're playing would qualify.

I can not believe something like this is seriously being brought up right now...

1 minute ago, Adrenaline_Flux said:

We should have traded for Conor McDermott or Jeremiah Sirles.

You don't have to trade for other people's depth to get it.  You can just draft or even sign depth players.  Every offseason.  Usually for cheap.

That's why it's so weird that they basically didn't.

Archived