Peterson admits to using a belt to discipline child

naptownskinsfan

Remember Peterson was suspended for a year for the felony charge?  He ended up pleading it down and received two years of probation from it, which are up by now.  I am surprised he would make that admission publically since then, as it could lead to further punishment from the NFL- and wouldn't that just be our luck.  It is definitely a storyline to watch over the next week and a half.  

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/25342741/adrian-peterson-uses-belt-discipline-son

58 minutes ago, Jeezy Fanatic said:

I thought about posting this and decided not to. Suffice to say I will not hit my son with a belt.

I won’t do it either. My dad was pretty rough on me growing up. He’s a good dude and he’s awesome with my daughter but I think back to those times a lot. I’m not exactly sure that it shaped me in anyway as a grown up but I just know I don’t want to discipline my daughter that way. 

I don’t like the article. I don’t like how they depict his discipline. Adrian never said he “hits” his son. IMO there is a BIG difference between hitting and discipling. 

Unpopular as it may be, I think every child is different and every parent should be able to discipline how they see fit. (Besides the obvious, no beating your kids)

Archived