GDT: Boys v the dead French evangelists

Matts4313

7 minutes ago, cromagnum said:

Yes tony would throw more ints but he would also throw a lot more tds and a lot more yards.  Dak can’t get the ball down field with accuracy. Not sure how you argue that but if want to put your blinders on that’s fine with me. 

Teams that turn the ball over lose a lot more than teams that dont have big passing stats. Thats statistically proven. 

9 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

Teams that turn the ball over lose a lot more than teams that dont have big passing stats. Thats statistically proven. 

Teams that can’t score tds lose a lot more games as well.  That is also statistically proven. Btw Dak leads the league in fumbles. Just an FYI. As Aikman rightly so criticized Dak on national tv for this. 

17 minutes ago, cromagnum said:

Teams that can’t score tds lose a lot more games as well.  That is also statistically proven. Btw Dak leads the league in fumbles. Just an FYI. As Aikman rightly so criticized Dak on national tv for this. 

Scoring is a team effort. 

Dak has 5 INTs, 3rd best in the NFL

Dak has 5 fumbles lost, 2nd worst in the NFL (tied with Wentz, behind Cousins).

Dak has 10 total turnovers

Notable players with more turnovers:

Big Ben

Andrew Luck

Mahomes

Stafford

Trubisky

Watson

Cousins

Wentz

Carr

12 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

Scoring is a team effort. 

Dak has 5 INTs, 3rd best in the NFL

Dak has 5 fumbles lost, 2nd worst in the NFL (tied with Wentz, behind Cousins).

Dak has 10 total turnovers

Notable players with more turnovers:

Big Ben

Andrew Luck

Mahomes

Stafford

Trubisky

Watson

Cousins

Wentz

Carr

Football is a team effort but we all know who the most important player on the team is. Dak has 11 fumbles most in the league. Not gonna look up stats as I don’t base my opinion on stats. I’m betting though Dak is towards the bottom of the league in Tds and yards thrown. There are few factors for this. Some of it is on Linehan some on lack of weapons before Cooper. Some of it is on Dak and his flaws as a qb which I don’t think you can fix. You either have good pocket presence or you don’t. Accuracy can be fixed some with better mechanics i believe the really good ones are born with great accuracy. 

2 minutes ago, cromagnum said:

Football is a team effort but we all know who the most important player on the team is. Dak has 11 fumbles most in the league. Not gonna look up stats as I don’t base my opinion on stats. I’m betting though Dak is towards the bottom of the league in Tds and yards thrown. There are few factors for this. Some of it is on Linehan some on lack of weapons before Cooper. Some of it is on Dak and his flaws as a qb which I don’t think you can fix. You either have good pocket presence or you don’t. Accuracy can be fixed some with better mechanics i believe the really good ones are born with great accuracy. 

Ok. Just one stat for you. QB's who throw less than 200 yards, 1 TD and 0 INTs win 85% of there games over the last 25 years. That same stat line is closer to 95% against playoff teams. 

Have you ever seen a more Dak stat line? 

Dak manages the game and doesnt turn the ball over. Thats good enough to win games/championships. 

The fumbles are fluky, but the vast majority of QBs were in the ~3 fumbles lost range, he is at 5. Its not like Dak magically forgot to hold a football at the age of 25. 

1 hour ago, Matts4313 said:

3rd year Romo played in 10.5 games. He had  2900 yards (+100 rushing), 65%, 19 TDs, 13 INTs, 9 fumbles, 95 QB Rating and his team went 6-4

3rd year Dak has played in 12 games. He has  2675 yars (+300 rushing), 67%, 14 TDs (+5 rushing), 5 INTs, 11 fumbles, 95 QB Rating and his team is 7-5

Which just happens to be his first year QB while replacing a injured Drew Bledsoe.

His actual 3rd year playing 12 games tell a bit of a different story.

3265 passing yards

26 passing td's

13 ints

411 passing attempts

13 fumbles

64.4% completion pct

Their styles of play are two completely different things. We would see more TO's from Romo probably. But we would also see a crazy potent offense. The fact that Dak has a very cautious way of playing like Alex Smith as you say and yet he still gives out that many TO's is cause for concern. You expected with Romo because of his gameplay mentality. You can't sit there and say that the players are comparable and just say look at the stats because it's not gonna be accurate because if we did it would show that Dak completely sucks as a QB. And this 3rd year that Dak is in just happens to be a year where the penalties are in such favor towards offenses that so many teams and players are having record years. Well everyone except the Cowboys it seems.

4 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

Ok. Just one stat for you. QB's who throw less than 200 yards, 1 TD and 0 INTs win 85% of there games over the last 25 years. That same stat line is closer to 95% against playoff teams. 

Have you ever seen a more Dak stat line? 

Dak manages the game and doesnt turn the ball over. Thats good enough to win games/championships. 

The fumbles are fluky, but the vast majority of QBs were in the ~3 fumbles lost range, he is at 5. Its not like Dak magically forgot to hold a football at the age of 25. 

It’s good enough if you have a great defense with a very good running game. Is Dallas defense great? It was great against New Orleans but for the most part they have been good not great on defense this year. There running game is very good despite the injuries to the line and going up against 8 man fronts a lot this season. I think Dak is what he is a solid game manager in the Alex Smith mode. If your defense is off for a game or your running game gets stuffed he’s not gonna be able to win you a game with his arm. Last team that won the Super Bowl with great defense and a good running game was the broncos with Manning who couldn’t throw the ball the ball down the field anymore. Hard to win this way in this age of the NFL without a qb who can throw the ball down the field consistently well. 

I still don’t understand why people fight the concept that Dak doesn’t have to be nor do we HAVE to have a top five or even 10 PASSER in the NFL in terms of throwing 50 passes a game for this team to be great     

YES our D was great but don’t forget they weren’t out in the field much at all why you ask sure started game three outs but after that it was the ball controll offense if the dallas  cowboys controlling the clock like the last drive 7 minutes or so took away all of NO opportunity to do anything then when the do’s get it they were backed up deep no time outs little time on the clock

i don’t  suppose any one here remembers why did we win and more importantly get to all those Aikmen Super Bowls   In 4 th qtr teams could not stop us running the ball with Smith and Aikmen was patient with the ball didn’t try to force the issue with the ball and completed a very high percentage of his passes to move the chains

amd guys were at least I am not arguing Dak is any way the pure passer Aikmen is But is is just as good a LEADER and makes up for some of his passing problems OL problems with his legs 

IMO with the bad play of our OL we really need a mobile almost run Capable QB   

Also to the argument a TO is a a TO and to be fair to some of the blame of a sack fumble is on the OL maybe 30-40%   Also more on the TO issue  Mahoney is a good QB time will tell with him but why has KC lost some of his games  like against NE he threw interceptions   

1 hour ago, Calvert28 said:

His actual 3rd year playing 12 games tell a bit of a different story.

3265 passing yards

26 passing td's

13 ints

411 passing attempts

13 fumbles

64.4% completion pct

And this is a major reason why "gunslingers" dont win superbowls. No matter how much passing yards and TDs make your heart flutter, passing efficiency is what wins games in the NFL. The QBs that often make the playoffs/Superbowls dont need to throw 500 yards. They just cant turn the ball over. 

PS: We can check this again after Dak has had 6 years of coaching, some with the likes of Parcells and Payton. 

11 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

And this is a major reason why "gunslingers" dont win superbowls. No matter how much passing yards and TDs make your heart flutter, passing efficiency is what wins games in the NFL. The QBs that often make the playoffs/Superbowls dont need to throw 500 yards. They just cant turn the ball over. 

PS: We can check this again after Dak has had 6 years of coaching, some with the likes of Parcells and Payton. 

Brett Favre, Staubach, Bradshaw, Rodgers, Flacco, Big Ben, even Brady and Manning demonstrated in numerous years of gunslinging it. The term means any QB that aggressively pushes the ball down the field.

Romo never mastered the art of protecting the ball. But you can't deny that Dak has either, if you're going to be cautious then the effencincy rating should be higher. With Romo the TO's were masked by alot of high powered yards and points being put on the board. That's not the case with Dak. But again I disgress, I am starting to see a pattern with Dak from 1st half to 2nd half and im wondering how much of that needs to be laid at the feet of Linehan.

2 hours ago, Calvert28 said:

Brett Favre, Staubach, Bradshaw, Rodgers, Flacco, Big Ben, even Brady and Manning demonstrated in numerous years of gunslinging it. The term means any QB that aggressively pushes the ball down the field.

Staubach, Rodgers, Brady and Manning (Peyton) are some of the most efficient QBs of all time. Bradshaw was a god in the playoffs. There is a reason Favre only won one. 

2 hours ago, Calvert28 said:

Romo never mastered the art of protecting the ball. But you can't deny that Dak has either, if you're going to be cautious then the effencincy rating should be higher.

Dak is incredibly efficient in terms of TOs. One of the best in the NFL his first 25 games and his last 7. Those middle games with a ish line and sub optimal passing targets he looked like trash. He also developed a bad case of the yips. He needs better coaching for sure, but I still believe you can win in the NFL with Dak Prescott. 

Archived