Rams Jenga Piece

goldfishwars

Who is the Jenga piece Rams Can't Afford to Lose?  

47 members have voted

1. 1. Who is the Jenga piece Rams Can't Afford to Lose?

• Aaron Donald
    • Jared Goff
    • Sean McVay
    • Todd Gurley
    • Wade Phillips

Goff and McVay are both indispensable. Our backup, Mannion, is god awful. Not even McVay could get his to perform like a quality QB. If we had a really good backup behind Goff, I'd say McVay. But based on what we have, we can't afford to lose either.

Why are people saying the 16’ team was basically the same as the 17’ team sans McVay? 

Robert Woods, Sammy Watkins, Cooper Kupp, Andrew Whitworth (please remember: Greg Robinson was the starting LT beforehand), John Sullivan, Higbee/Everett, Kayvan Webster, John Johnson III, and Wade Phillips all got added to that squad. Kromer got the offensive line playing well. And I have to give some level of support to LaFleur for helping McVay coach up a rookie QB who had a very rough first season. McVay deserves the brunt of the praise for accomplishing what he has, but it’s not like he just got dropped onto a horrible team and they were all of a sudden playoff contenders. 

52 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

Goff and McVay are both indispensable. Our backup, Mannion, is god awful. Not even McVay could get his to perform like a quality QB. If we had a really good backup behind Goff, I'd say McVay. But based on what we have, we can't afford to lose either.

Who is the backup HC?

It's either McVay or Goff. Just this season? I'll say Goff is the one they can't afford to lose, because they will simply not be able to replace him on the field and their passing game would take a huge step back. With their mediocre defense, they are not a scary team without a scary, multi dimensional offense. The staff and players definitely know enough about the offense, and the locker room culture, to keep the ship on the proper course to ride out the rest of this season without McVay. After that though, you might see things become a mess, which is why long term I would gamble on McVay over Goff, in hopes that McVay is a genius HC who will keep the franchise relevant for 20+ years, which is more valuable than a franchise QB and arguably more valuable than even a futuer HOF QB. 

1 hour ago, patriotsheatyan said:

Who is the backup HC?

Ron McVay

He's Sean's identical twin. Only difference is that he wears this thing:

s-l300.jpg

Being serious, I expect it would be Wade.

21 minutes ago, RandyMossIsBoss said:

It's either McVay or Goff. Just this season? I'll say Goff is the one they can't afford to lose, because they will simply not be able to replace him on the field and their passing game would take a huge step back. With their mediocre defense, they are not a scary team without a scary, multi dimensional offense. The staff and players definitely know enough about the offense, and the locker room culture, to keep the ship on the proper course to ride out the rest of this season without McVay. After that though, you might see things become a mess, which is why long term I would gamble on McVay over Goff, in hopes that McVay is a genius HC who will keep the franchise relevant for 20+ years, which is more valuable than a franchise QB and arguably more valuable than even a futuer HOF QB. 

Losing McVay as a play-caller would hurt just as much imo.

On 11/26/2018 at 4:25 PM, Calvert28 said:

Why is this even a question. A great coach will make all the difference. You can win the SB without a great QB. You can win it without a great DT, WR, RB, hell any position is replaceable. The HC is what makes all the difference. 

Anything can over compensate for anything. Switzer won a superbowl. And theres a long list of mediocre to bad HC's who have done the same. 

Archived