Week 13: Indianapolis Colts (6-5) vs Jacksonville Jaguars (3-8) - The COAT

Adrenaline_Flux

2 hours ago, Jags said:

I missed most of the game with taking out my mother. How did Harrison look? Box score shows the sack, but that doesn't tell the story of what happened on the field. 

Sorry, missed this.

He looked terrific. We had next to no coverage busts (at least that I saw) and Luck very rarely had a place to put the ball. I mean, his YPA was like 3.35 after the first half.

Obviously this wasn't just Harrison, but I think him being in there helped a lot. There wasnt as much confusion (which I find odd) in the secondary and he came up and made some big stops in the run game. Plus he looked like a heat seeking missile off the edge on that sack of his.

Idk, I love his game. We'll see how he does the rest of the way, but I'm optimistic.

54 minutes ago, .Buzz said:

I think you may well be onto something with that.  It's something i've suggested before, that a significant part of our defense step back this year has been as much about the offense struggles as anything.  Forcing the defense to play too much, and just in having no faith in their ability to keep them in a game.  When your offense is that pathetic, it's gotta be hard to get fired up and give everything every week.  Kessler still sucks, but at least a QB change seems like it gave the defense a bit of a shot in the arm...at least thinking maybe things will be a bit different.

4 minutes ago, Tugboat said:

I think you may well be onto something with that.  It's something i've suggested before, that a significant part of our defense step back this year has been as much about the offense struggles as anything.  Forcing the defense to play too much, and just in having no faith in their ability to keep them in a game.  When your offense is that pathetic, it's gotta be hard to get fired up and give everything every week.  Kessler still sucks, but at least a QB change seems like it gave the defense a bit of a shot in the arm...at least thinking maybe things will be a bit different.

My thoughts exactly.

Harrison also I think helped sure some things up, but the whole mindset of the guys was just different.

4 hours ago, Jags said:

Jags scouts have been to 5 OSU games this year I don't know if they are looking at him or lineman we know they aren't lookin at Bosa because he hasn't played a good chunk of the season. But with the 6th pick? FOH.. That seems like a pretty far fetched reach to me. 

27 minutes ago, DuvalsKing said:

Jags scouts have been to 5 OSU games this year I don't know if they are looking at him or lineman we know they aren't lookin at Bosa because he hasn't played a good chunk of the season. But with the 6th pick? FOH.. That seems like a pretty far fetched reach to me. 

If he's a guy you think can be a franchise guy, take him imo.

1 hour ago, .Buzz said:

If he's a guy you think can be a franchise guy, take him imo.

I agree.  If you think the guy can be a franchise QB, there's really no such thing as drafting them "too high".  You just make the pick and don't look back.

But you have to be right.  'Cause that's the same sort of mentality that pushed Bortles all the way up to being a 3rd overall pick.  And we've seen how long and franchise handcuffing the effects can be if you're wrong and slow to admit it.

53 minutes ago, .Buzz said:

Starting to agree. Only Giants are taking a QB though imo ahead of us.

That may be the case...but there's still plenty of jockeying for draft position to be done.  Through the remainder of the season records...but there's also always the chance of teams making trades and leapfrogging around...for a QB especially.

Archived