Coaching Staff News Thread (Update: Offensive staff overhaul incoming (obv))

.Buzz

18 minutes ago, .Buzz said:

Good point.

Almost hope it's Monken as he would def be a guy who could take over if it doesn't work out with Marrone.

I most definitely hope it's not that sort of situation.  I'd really rather not do the whole, "in house replacement" already in the organization thing tbh.  Especially if this season goes badly enough that Marrone deserves to get canned.  At that point, i want a total housecleaning right to the top.  No holdovers and disappointing internal promotions plz and thanks.

Marrone doesn't have the long legacy of failure here that Gus did, but it was awkward enough to have a "dead man walking" HC with an obvious replacement candidate working under him before.  It'd be awkward now in what should be a do or die season.  If that's what bringing in Monken looks like...no thanks.

1 hour ago, LinderFournette said:

while monken would be a fine addition as an OC i feel like he could be a 1 and done kinda guy with us. 

Yeah.  That wouldn't be ideal either, if we've got a young rookie QB where you'd want some continuity either.  To have him just jet off for greener pastures if it does go well.

It's one of the things i kinda like about Bevell as a candidate.  Where...even if Marrone does end up canned, i don't think Bevell threatens the HC gig.  But he might be a guy the next HC can actually keep on as OC for continuity with a young QB.  Partly because he seems like less of a HC fast-track guy than some others like Gase would've been, or Monken, et al.

Archived