TJ Yeldon injured

pwny

3 minutes ago, iPwn said:

So this actually happened in the middle of the game last week, but got missed.

He hasn’t practiced since, and this likely was what sparked the signing of Harris.

Hopefully it isn't too serious. Yeldon has plenty of flaws but he is an asset on 3rd down.

10 minutes ago, Jags said:

Well. I wish him a speedy recovery, but I hope this helps Grant make the team. He is actually playing with heart out there and he deserves a shot. 

I see no reason why he wouldn't.

Looks good on ST, outside of Fournette has been only RB to produce, last two games when he got the lion share of the carries last year he absolutely wrecked. We'd be dumb to let him go.

3 minutes ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

Any chance this leads to him being cut or is Ivory more likely? Hope we keep Grant

Highly doubt we cut Yeldon as he brings something. I feel like Ivory has a shot to be cut. Bad last yer and he still hasn't done anything this year.

Could see 4 RB's kept with Yeldon injury like Ipwn said too.

Just now, Adrenaline_Flux said:

not counting FB

Gotcha.

I think so too, but I haven't tried cutting the team down to 53 yet so wasn't certain. Feel like with Fournette's toe and Yeldon now hurt how can you not at this point?

I think Grant is a lock.

I wouldn’t be at all surprised if they started the season with 5 RBs and a FB and then trimmed down when Fournette and Yeldon were clearly healthy. I think they’ll go light on the OL. 

17 minutes ago, iPwn said:

I think Grant is a lock.

I wouldn’t be at all surprised if they started the season with 5 RBs and a FB and then trimmed down when Fournette and Yeldon were clearly healthy. I think they’ll go light on the OL. 

Probably, not like there is a ton of guys who are quality depth on the OL. 

14 hours ago, .Buzz said:

Counting a FB or no?

I really hope Marquez balls and is kept/our starting FB. 

He did show that he could hold onto the ball with a nice catch out of the backfield and he scored the touchdown against TB. If he continues to make those catches out of the backfield and shows up as a good lead blocker, I'm sure he makes the team. 

On 8/20/2017 at 5:27 PM, Adrenaline_Flux said:

I mean... I think we were going to keep 4 RBs anyway.

Yeah.  Especially with Grant showing up as a potentially important special teamer, and some guys banged up already...it seems entirely reasonable that we'd carry 4 RBs plus a FB.

Archived