2018 Season General Injury Thread

DreamKid

6 hours ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

Chuck Clark is an upgrade over Tony Jefferson don't @ me

Yeah the defense seemed to execute better with Jefferson out of the game. Less Corey Ivy/Frank Walker moments where you see an offensive player running open and trailing 5 yards behind is Jefferson.

6 hours ago, DreamKid said:

Right as Tim Williams comes back from the ankle issue, he gets sick..

Getting Willians back should be huge, the pass rush seems to feed off of him a bit more. Hopefully that illness is just a quick 24 hour type, Lamar Jackson goes to the hospital and is fine the next day, type of illness.

7 hours ago, DreamKid said:

With Collins not practicing and with the fact that he’s been outplayed by both Gus and Ty, I would just roll with those two and Buck as the backup. If by next week, Collins still isn’t practicing, I would put him on IR.

7 hours ago, DreamKid said:

This makes sense. Not to wish injuries on anyone, but if a Chuck Clark/Tony Jefferson type of situation were to happen at LG for Hurst to get into the lineup, I definitely wouldn’t be against it. It probably does make the most sense to make sure, with a back injury that he’s beyond recovered before inserting him into an NFL trench battle. Having more time off likely also should be better in giving him a chance to bulk up a bit more to handle the interior position a bit better than the tackle spot.

1 hour ago, diamondbull424 said:

With Collins not practicing and with the fact that he’s been outplayed by both Gus and Ty, I would just roll with those two and Buck as the backup. If by next week, Collins still isn’t practicing, I would put him on IR.

Collins was a full participant at practice on Friday. Jamison should do a little more research.

9 hours ago, DreamKid said:

Not good. Apparently Marlon injured his groin on the final play against the Falcons.

Well maybe that Alex Lewis injury will offset Humphrey. With Hurst in there, perhaps the OL improvements will mask a defensive deficiency created from Humphrey being a bit off.

Archived