GDT Week 13: Baltimore Ravens vs Atlanta Falcons

DreamKid

1 hour ago, DreamKid said:

PFF's grades work off a compiler system. Unless a CB gets a pick or something, it's hard for them to nab a super high game grade. Kenny Young got pressures when rushing the QB, stops against the run, and then stuff like that Ito Smith drop boosts his Pass Coverage grade.

Marlon had 5 Targets, 2 Receptions Allowed for 9 Yards, and 2 PBUs. An amazing game for our young savage. I'm sure his family was super proud of him. They certainly were out there in numbers. #29 :D 

Makes sense. But that’s stupid. Else Revis might not have looked as dominant as he really was back in the day against probably the coldest group of WRs collectively in NFL history. (Megatron, Andre Johnson, Chad Johnson, Steve Smith, Tory Holy, Marvin Harrison, Reggie Wayne, Larry Fitzgerald, Julio Jones, Anquan Boldin, etc. He also would lock down the TE spot if that was the teams best option with both Gronkowski and Graham.

11 hours ago, diamondbull424 said:

Makes sense. But that’s stupid. Else Revis might not have looked as dominant as he really was back in the day against probably the coldest group of WRs collectively in NFL history. (Megatron, Andre Johnson, Chad Johnson, Steve Smith, Tory Holy, Marvin Harrison, Reggie Wayne, Larry Fitzgerald, Julio Jones, Anquan Boldin, etc. He also would lock down the TE spot if that was the teams best option with both Gronkowski and Graham.

On single game grades maybe not, but his overall base grade would still be Elite. His coverage grade would also be near perfect. 

For single game grades It's not so much "How good was X in this game?", it's more "How many plays did X make in this game?". Which is obviously slanted towards DL & LB on defense, as they have a much higher opportunity share. It's a flawed subjective system that doesn't fairly represent the impact shutdown CBs have on a game. 

11 hours ago, DreamKid said:

Must Watch.

Kind of random thought, but watching Matt Ryan get sacked I noticed that he wears one glove on his non-throwing hand, likely for better grip; while he keeps it all natural for his throwing hand, likely to give him a natural feel for the ball when throwing. Perhaps Jackson could replicate that to afford him extra grip when scrambling with the football.

1 hour ago, diamondbull424 said:

Kind of random thought, but watching Matt Ryan get sacked I noticed that he wears one glove on his non-throwing hand, likely for better grip; while he keeps it all natural for his throwing hand, likely to give him a natural feel for the ball when throwing. Perhaps Jackson could replicate that to afford him extra grip when scrambling with the football.

Maybe, but do you really think it's that big of an issue?  I've never viewed Jackson as a suspect carrier of the ball. Something was weird with those balls in Atlanta imo. 

1 hour ago, DreamKid said:

Maybe, but do you really think it's that big of an issue?  I've never viewed Jackson as a suspect carrier of the ball. Something was weird with those balls in Atlanta imo. 

True. I thought something was weird with them as well, but at the same time, Ryan seemed to Be unfazed by the balls, I think it could help. Who knows when we might run into more slick footballs like we did in ATL. Also Jackson mentioned how some of his passes in training camp were “ducks” as he had to get used to the different feel of the NFL balls compared to the collegiate ones. Matt Ryan didn’t wear a glove in college and has started donning the glove sense. I just think for QBs that don’t have those 10-11” mitts, it could potentially help them protect the ball.

It is the final quarter of the season, and our competitions games are almost just as important as our own. We can’t expect to win out although it would be nice and we would most likely be the team going into the playoffs with the greatest momentum.

Until we have proven we can beat the AFW on their home turf, lets look at other games that have implication on our season.

Thursday night football

Jaguars @ Titans

Jaguars could lend a helping hand by continuing to beat up the teams in their own division. With a Titans team with more questions than answers, I see this as a game the Jaguars could very well win against a Marcus Mariotta led offense that is sporadic at best.

Colts @ Texans

Texans could help us by winning and clinch their division while putting the Colts 1-2 games behind us. I had a good feeling about the Texans going into this season but I still don’t know if they are a really good team or a good team with an easy schedule. Nonetheless a Texans win would help us against our perhaps strongest competitor for the final WC spot.

Patriots @ Dolololphins

Miami has somehow clawed together 6 wins, mostly due to their sometimes explosive offense and better than anticipated defense. Dolphins ability to create big plays out of nothing has made them a surprising competitor, especially considering they had to start Brock Osweiler for a couple of games. I don’t care about meeting the Patriots in the playoffs, so a Patriots win here could also put Dolololphins 1-2 games behind us.

Bengals @ Chargers

It will take a complete Chargers collapse if they are to concede the 5th place WC spot and I don’t think that will happen although they have a tough schedule in the final quarter of the season. If they Beat the Bengals, they will be 10-3 and ready for the playoffs. I would rather go to LA week 16 against a Chargers team which is more likely to be complacent as they won’t be forced to win and may rest players. On the other hand, they will have homefield advantage to fight for, which doesn’t say much as they have something like 10.000 random people in attendance.

Broncos @ 49’ers

Broncos are steamrolling right now, and I doubt the 49’ers can stop them. Phillip Lindsay and his explosiveness is something that will force teams to game plan for him. 49’ers winning this would help us a lot. But I don’t see it happening.

Stoolers @ Raiders

We actually have a chance to leapfrog the Steelers and despite having this amazing offense with big ben and all their weapons, they are still somehow only a draw game ahead of us. It would be very Stoolers like to drop a big fat turd in their pants against a Raiders team which can’t do anything right on the football field for 60 minutes.

Archived