GDT Week 13: Baltimore Ravens vs Atlanta Falcons

DreamKid

2 hours ago, Ray Reed said:

Harbaugh and his staff being able to completely switch up his offense and adapt to a rookie QB with a vastly different play style at 4-5 and get us to 7-5 in the thick of the playoff hunt has been a great coaching job. But the Harbaugh haters in here will completely ignore that. 

I think the key phrase here is "and his staff". You should be complimenting Marty, James Urban and Greg Roman.

37 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

I think the key phrase here is "and his staff". You should be complimenting Marty, James Urban and Greg Roman.

Wait...aren't you the one constantly saying one of harbaugh's biggest faults is the staff he surrounds himself with? 😂 come on man even you can't keep up with all of your situational flip flops...

1 minute ago, Ray Reed said:

Wait...aren't you the one constantly saying one of harbaugh's biggest faults is the staff he surrounds himself with? 😂 come on man even you can't keep up with all of your situational flip flops...

Yeah, that has been one of his biggest faults. If you keep track of my stances on things, I've also been a big proponent of keeping Marty/Roman/Urban to work with Lamar because of their history working with mobile QB's. This isn't a situational flip-flop.

34 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

I think the important thing to note is that Harbaugh has done many things, some bad hiring decisions, some good ones, he’s had loyalty issues with keeping less than stellar coaches, etc. He even got to a point where there was a “mutiny” in the locker room. But through all that, through this season and all the media talking, he’s never lost the support of his players. He’s never lost the locker room. And that’s a credit to him as a coach for sure. He’s also done a great job with changing up his message whenever the team needed it.

Those are important concepts that he brings to the table that many coaches lose after time. That’s the one thing that would make it difficult to part ways from him. He’s very consistent. However if Harbaugh does want to make a change to other endeavors (IIRC there was a report of a mutual moving on after 2019) then I can definitely understand that as well.

11 minutes ago, diamondbull424 said:

I think the important thing to note is that Harbaugh has done many things, some bad hiring decisions, some good ones, he’s had loyalty issues with keeping less than stellar coaches, etc. He even got to a point where there was a “mutiny” in the locker room. But through all that, through this season and all the media talking, he’s never lost the support of his players. He’s never lost the locker room. And that’s a credit to him as a coach for sure. He’s also done a great job with changing up his message whenever the team needed it.

Those are important concepts that he brings to the table that many coaches lose after time. That’s the one thing that would make it difficult to part ways from him. He’s very consistent. However if Harbaugh does want to make a change to other endeavors (IIRC there was a report of a mutual moving on after 2019) then I can definitely understand that as well.

I would say he lost the locker room in 2012 prior to the firing of Cam Cameron, and even this year I think it was pretty damn close. But other than that (which aren't huge disagreements tbh) I agree with you.

8 hours ago, paraven said:

im sure the wrs will be all for having flacco back. Whats john browns stat lines the past 3 games? the rb's will be happy since they know they will get all the runs

Offensive lineman love running the ball, hate pass protection. 

Going into next year the Ravens will be an attractive destination for offensive lineman and RBs (Leveon Bell?). 

8 hours ago, Ray Reed said:

Harbaugh and his staff being able to completely switch up his offense and adapt to a rookie QB with a vastly different play style at 4-5 and get us to 7-5 in the thick of the playoff hunt has been a great coaching job. But the Harbaugh haters in here will completely ignore that. 

Some will still claim, that they have no idea what he does. He doesn't coach offense, defense og special teams, it seems Harbaugh doesn't actually do anything.

5 hours ago, diamondbull424 said:

That's where I have my love/hate relationship with Harbs. I feel like if the Ravens hired his coaches and let him do everything else, we'd be a dynasty. Haha

Didn't see the game again this week, but glad to see we got another W. Just keep winning boys!

1 hour ago, diamondbull424 said:

Would’ve thought Humphrey would’ve been ranked higher. Interesting that they also ranked Young so high. Thought he played well, but the eye test felt like he was better.

PFF's grades work off a compiler system. Unless a CB gets a pick or something, it's hard for them to nab a super high game grade. Kenny Young got pressures when rushing the QB, stops against the run, and then stuff like that Ito Smith drop boosts his Pass Coverage grade.

Marlon had 5 Targets, 2 Receptions Allowed for 9 Yards, and 2 PBUs. An amazing game for our young savage. I'm sure his family was super proud of him. They certainly were out there in numbers. #29 :D 

Archived