Jaguars expected to make "sweeping changes" in 2019

.Buzz

34 minutes ago, Adrenaline_Flux said:

He also still thinks we move to London by 2021. I'm going to leave the thread up, but I'm generally weary of letting JLC clickbait reports be their own thread.

Yeah, as I said the source is shakey, but I like to see more reports of changes happening. 

This honestly seems clickbait. What's sweeping changes? 

Is it staff? 

Doug was hand picked by TC (from reports). So I doubt he'll be gone. So is it Dave? Possibly. But then whoever replaces him will have to be on board with Doug as the HC too. This is why I don't like firing a coach or GM when neither one had a good track record. Maybe TC brings back Gene (lmaaaaaaao)

If not staff is it players? Well, yeah? We know we have salary cap issues and that some vet players are in trouble. The QB is an issue long term, we have a receiver on a 1 year deal, another coming off ACL, a TE who's been hurt, a LT coming off ACL, a RT that's aging. So yeah the offense will be revamped if not overhauled

On 12/2/2018 at 3:06 PM, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

Hopefully 1 of those changes involves winning

to do that it has to start with revamping the front office. sorry but tom has made us worse since we got him in terms of player contracts kinda like when he was our GM and HC.  im looking at you Bortles.

i expect a few changes on defense potentially with Church all but gone and jackson likely out the door. maybe we keep dareus maybe we dont. 

18 hours ago, Speedyg said:

This honestly seems clickbait. What's sweeping changes? 

Is it staff? 

Doug was hand picked by TC (from reports). So I doubt he'll be gone. So is it Dave? Possibly. But then whoever replaces him will have to be on board with Doug as the HC too. This is why I don't like firing a coach or GM when neither one had a good track record. Maybe TC brings back Gene (lmaaaaaaao)

If not staff is it players? Well, yeah? We know we have salary cap issues and that some vet players are in trouble. The QB is an issue long term, we have a receiver on a 1 year deal, another coming off ACL, a TE who's been hurt, a LT coming off ACL, a RT that's aging. So yeah the offense will be revamped if not overhauled

Yeah.  It's honestly hard to see how really "sweeping" the changes could be.  If Coughlin is staying (and most indications seem to hint that he is), that probably also means Marrone is staying.  At that point, you're basically replacing what?  A coordinator or two, and a glorified scout with a GM title who is going to be under Coughlin's thumb?  Not sure i'd consider that "sweeping changes".

I certainly hope they come back with an almost entirely new offense.  Fournette, Cam, Linder, Norwell 'cause is contract, and Cole and Dede 'cause they're cheap, are pretty much the only ones i'd really care to see back.  The rest can go.  And bringing back ~5/11 starters would be fairly "sweeping" changes i suppose.  If they manage to do that.  But even then, if the turnover is ultimately managed by more or less the same people...it might not really end up all that different in the end anyway.

Archived