🏈 Week 14: Saints (10-2) @ Bucs (5-7)

bucsfan333

1 hour ago, Buc Ball said:

If we can get after Brees, anything is possible.

Evans, Godwin and Humph should have enough to cause their secondary problems. Whilst he’ll see limited action, it would be good if Watson chose tomorrow to have his breakout game.

I just can’t see this game being a track meet (to the same level as game 1 anyway). If we win, it’ll likely be a 31-28 type effort, but if we lose, I think it’ll be fairly comfortable for NO.

I don t see a track meet, division opponents know each other well.  If the defense can tackle well, it will stay a close game.  I don t think it is a stretch to assume the Bucs passing attack is better then the Cowboys. So if the Saints can t get there with the rush, the Bucs can get chunk plays.

I don t expect anything different from Jameis.  I want him to continue to play well.  The easiest way to solve the QB position is from someone already on the roster.  Pretty confident that isn t Ryan Griffin.

1 hour ago, Buc Ball said:

There’s no point having that debate on this board to be honest dude.

Some people are simply unable to have a mature, sensible conversation about the facts.

I suppose you think you know what the facts are.

2 hours ago, ravishingone said:

I don t see a track meet, division opponents know each other well.  If the defense can tackle well, it will stay a close game.  I don t think it is a stretch to assume the Bucs passing attack is better then the Cowboys. So if the Saints can t get there with the rush, the Bucs can get chunk plays.

I don t expect anything different from Jameis.  I want him to continue to play well.  The easiest way to solve the QB position is from someone already on the roster.  Pretty confident that isn t Ryan Griffin.

This will be a test because I expect there will be more pressure to score on every drive. We’ll see whether Winston handles that pressure and whether he can do what he’s been doing recently by staying within the flow of the offence.

I expect us to run quite a bit tomorrow and to use the quick game with a view to keeping the clock running and Brees off the field.

If we shorten this game as much as possible and the pas rush gets after Brees,  the impossible dream of 9-7 might just be on.

Just now, ravishingone said:

Im hoping they roll out another screen besides to Humphries out of the slot.  Any assemblence of a acreen game would make this passing attack so much better.

Howard would be good to sneak a screen to once a week.

We don't really have anybody else with the wiggle to get yac. Unless we - god forbid - throw to our RBs.

2 minutes ago, bucsfan333 said:

Howard would be good to sneak a screen to once a week.

We don't really have anybody else with the wiggle to get yac. Unless we - god forbid - throw to our RBs.

Even a fake screen going the other way.  I don think Barber has gotten a screen all year, weird

1 minute ago, ravishingone said:

Even a fake screen going the other way.  I don think Barber has gotten a screen all year, weird

Or we could try to get Rojo something positive instead of running him on toss plays.

We built the team for the vertical routes Koetter loves. It's hard to get our WRs in space and expect them to pick up good yac when they're not built for it. But with how vertical everything is, you'd think that would open the flats for the RBs in the screen game.

1 hour ago, bucsfan333 said:

It's 24 degrees outside my house. 😂

Damn.

We never get it that badly over here. About 7 hours of actual daylight and the temperature hovering around 36 for 3 months is the worst we have to deal with.

We get rewarded with a few days in the summer when it doesn’t rain 😂

52 minutes ago, Buc Ball said:

Damn.

We never get it that badly over here. About 7 hours of actual daylight and the temperature hovering around 36 for 3 months is the worst we have to deal with.

We get rewarded with a few days in the summer when it doesn’t rain 😂

We get snow off and on from November to early May. With (now) 70-80 degree days/weeks sprinkled in after January. 

Girlfriend and I have actually gone canoeing in January or February the last three years.

But the weather in the midwest sucks for the most part. 

Archived