Are you worried about missing the playoffs?

TXsteeler

Are you worried about missing the playoffs?  

10 members have voted

1. 1. Are you worried about missing the playoffs?

• Yes
    • No

3 minutes ago, FourThreeMafia said:

No.

I hope we dont.

Im more concerned if we do, because we will see bigger changes if we dont....at least they better.

In your mind, what do those big changes entail exactly?

Only person I can see being replaced is Butler

1 minute ago, Steelers22 said:

Butler, Porter and Danny Smith better be gone from the coaching staff.

On the roster, they better be making a noticeable effort to improve the defense, especially the LB corps and secondary.      

Ben is near his end.    If they dont go all out trying to win with him in his final year. then they should just throw in the ******* towel and do a page 1 rewrite of this team.

11 minutes ago, Steelers22 said:

probably him and porter, but it's a minimal change . This team needs a restart while the core is still good. We need 2 new starter in the secondary and it could be said we need 1 new ILB, OLB and possibly another ILB depending on scheme. Those deficiencies are now being exposed and we are playing the pats then the saints :P

2 minutes ago, August4th said:

part of me wants them to miss..this hasn't been a fun season for like a month now(the jags game was miserable for 55 minutes)

if losing out is what it takes to make the changes, I am all for it. Who cares about making the playoffs if we lose anyways . If we draft 4 spots earlier, it should help , but if colbert is still here, who knows. I can't believe he has last word on draft picks, what bad system they have for the draft. The scouts should pool their picks and colbert should just be the number cruncher and signing players. Scouts and coaches should have the say on who we draft.  Drafting a 1 gap in RD1 for a 2 gap scheme (hood) was a waste, jarvis, burns, and dupree is mediocre here at best. Draft players suited for the scheme.

Called it in the Panthers gameday thread after we crushed them....

On 11/12/2018 at 12:14 AM, FourThreeMafia said:

Yeah, we would have to win out and hope KC drops 2 games.    I think the latter is possible, but no chance in hell I see us winning out.    Our last 3 home games are tough,  our 3 "easiest" games are on the road at stadiums we have historically struggled at, and on the road vs the Saints.

IMO, there is a better chance we miss the playoffs altogether than getting a first round bye.

11 minutes ago, TXsteeler said:

Apparently the Browns can take the division if we lose out, they win out, and the Ravens lose to the chargers and browns, so If this is still possible after next week I will actively be cheering for it.

ah, link? That would be nice for the browns, they have a legit QB and have suffered way too long. I ned to see the link for this though

13 minutes ago, 3rivers said:

ah, link? That would be nice for the browns, they have a legit QB and have suffered way too long. I ned to see the link for this though

Just confirmed it's possible according to http://www.espn.com/nfl/playoffs/machine. And that's with Ravens winning against the Bucs. This is super possible tbh.

Need Steelers to lose to NE, NO, and CIN. Ravens to lose to Chargers, and Browns to beat Denver, Cincy, and Baltimore.

I don't know if it's possible, but this team does have the potential to beat anybody in the league.  But, they are seemingly incapable of not shooting themselves in the foot--its actually pretty amazing.  

Either way, they NEED a defensive playmaker.  I don't care what position.  The Steelers have been so bad at forcing turnovers for so many years now (Shazier was the only one capable and now he's gone)

2 minutes ago, Steelers22 said:

I don't know if it's possible, but this team does have the potential to beat anybody in the league.  But, they are seemingly incapable of not shooting themselves in the foot--its actually pretty amazing. 

feel like we're the new Chargers

in the past they seemed to always lose games they way we have been doing this past 3 weeks

37 minutes ago, TXsteeler said:

Just confirmed it's possible according to http://www.espn.com/nfl/playoffs/machine. And that's with Ravens winning against the Bucs. This is super possible tbh.

Need Steelers to lose to NE, NO, and CIN. Ravens to lose to Chargers, and Browns to beat Denver, Cincy, and Baltimore.

that would be good, the browns would have to win out.  They have a QB anyways, ravens can't defeat the elite teams with jackson or rg3 and flack was ineffective before injury but their D is legit.  Mayfield made a few nice throws today, at least the browns appears  like they want to win, unlike the steelers.

1 hour ago, 3rivers said:

that would be good, the browns would have to win out.  They have a QB anyways, ravens can't defeat the elite teams with jackson or rg3 and flack was ineffective before injury but their D is legit.  Mayfield made a few nice throws today, at least the browns appears  like they want to win, unlike the steelers.

Post Hue Browns deserve it more than the Steelers do. Post Flacco Ravens do as well tbh.

11 minutes ago, TXsteeler said:

Post Hue Browns deserve it more than the Steelers do. Post Flacco Ravens do as well tbh.

steelers don't deserve to win another game , and then many on the staff deserve a pink slip, thats what they deserve. Maybe a retirement as well, it's time to start over unless somehow they turn everything around, but the secondary has no chance anyways.  Thats on colbert , rooney should this about a new gM because everyone has said the secondary is the problem, and what did he do?

Archived