The Outer Worlds

BobbyPhil1781

4 hours ago, JBURGE said:

Never played ME:A mainly;y because of how it was received.... I usually like games like Days Gone so I was really excited, but I just got glitched into oblivion the first few days and the rest wasn't strong enough to compensate. 

This is why I was hesitant to get it at first. I'm digging the first few bits I've played though FWIW. Gonna get more into it tonight! I figured even if it was still glitchy, $20 is worth the risk. 

I have sat and played this over the weekend for maybe the longest time I've ever sat and played something. I love this game. Definitely needs a bit more adding to it, could do with more customisation to armour, weapons, maybe even the ship? And some areas are a little small. But there's still plenty of game there, I'm 24 hours in and I've still not visited the majority of planets. 

If/when they do an Outer Worlds 2 and they add more to it, it's going to be amazing.

• Like 1

Finished this last night. Took me about 30 hours, I was ready for another 30, thought I was just getting going. I adored the 30 hours I got though, not bad for the £1 I paid to get Gamepass.

Choices I made:

Sided with Phineas at the end, which is what I always going to do I think, the only decision I kind of regretted was the very first one - I took power away from Edgewater and gave it to the deserters, from the sound of it that killed a lot of people and that Adelaide was a bit of a ***** because she didn't help out afterwards. I sided with MSI over the Iconoclasts which I was happy with, I liked Sanjar - plus that Iconoclast leader Graham basically organised a massacre so he can die. Can't remember her name but that scientist who Lilya Hagen wanted you to kill because she thought she was working with aliens? I let her live as long as she went to work with Phineas.

Anyone else think Lilya Hagen was right about the aliens? Earth going silent for an unknown reason... Lilya sharing her alien theory and then dying in an "accident"... Hopefully Outer Worlds 2 revolves around this.

Edited by RJ_11

I got the game for free with gamepass, but have only played the first few hours.

I really need to dive back in. I enjoyed the humor and dialogue, but the sci-fi just isn't for me at all. Probably my least favorite genre/setting/theme. 

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

I caved and bought this instead of trying to get back to Horizon Zero Dawn.  I'm just not feeling fantasy right now.  Even if Horizon Zero Dawn is post apocalypse, it feels more like Skyrim.  I almost just started a new playthrough of Mass Effect Andromeda, which I really liked.  Only reason I didn't is because I know it's going nowhere.