Sunday GDT

titans0021

22 minutes ago, ttitansfan4life said:

Cooper has turned the Cowboys season around. Damn I would’ve loved to have him.

Crazy... everyone was calling the Cowboys out for giving up a 1st for him... but they've gone 5-1 since trading for him... the only loss coming that 1st week after they got him... against us.  

He's averaging 7 rec, 107 yards, and 1 TD per game as a Cowboy.

Some people were saying trading for a WR midseason never works out.  Imagine if that was us... 

The Eagles' trade for Tate hasn't been anywhere near that... but it was discussed how that move didn't quite fit.  Tate is a natural slot WR... which would have been a great fit here.  But in Philly, Agholor does his damage almost exclusively out of the slot.  It was a weird fit to begin with, and they still haven't figured out how to use them together... which has limited their effectiveness.  

I'd still consider the Titans signing Tate in the offseason.  He's got to be one of the best 5 or so options available.  

5 minutes ago, Adamc89 said:

Do you not think the ravens are more obsolete with that steeler loss? They play NO and the Patriots. The ravens should win that division now I think. 

They're equal to us right now.  They're both a game ahead of us... Ravens due to the tiebreaker... and the Steelers due to 1 less loss.   

Either of them has to lose at least 1 more... doesn't matter who. 

But yeah, in the scenario that we get in at 9-7... the Steelers' schedule favors us.  If they lose those 2 games, they're 8-7-1... and we'd be ahead of them at 9-7.  Would still need the Dolphins and Colts to lose 2 more, and the Broncos to lose another one.  

9 minutes ago, ragevsuall17 said:

They're equal to us right now.  They're both a game ahead of us... Ravens due to the tiebreaker... and the Steelers due to 1 less loss.   

Either of them has to lose at least 1 more... doesn't matter who. 

But yeah, in the scenario that we get in at 9-7... the Steelers' schedule favors us.  If they lose those 2 games, they're 8-7-1... and we'd be ahead of them at 9-7.  Would still need the Dolphins and Colts to lose 2 more, and the Broncos to lose another one.  

Makes sense. I just don’t see us going 3-0. At 2-1 we have a realistic shot with the schedules of other teams but it’s the nfl as we seen today so anything could happen that was my whole point. I think it’s obvious we aren’t a contender in the bigger picture of the playoffs but it is nice to have some kind of hope. We’ve been sold it so long as fans from the organization.  It just sucks how our offense has performed these last two years and still gotten in or close to th playoffs. Who knows what could have happened if we had potent offenses with how good the defense has played. 

17 minutes ago, ragevsuall17 said:

Crazy... everyone was calling the Cowboys out for giving up a 1st for him... but they've gone 5-1 since trading for him... the only loss coming that 1st week after they got him... against us.  

He's averaging 7 rec, 107 yards, and 1 TD per game as a Cowboy.

Some people were saying trading for a WR midseason never works out.  Imagine if that was us... 

The Eagles' trade for Tate hasn't been anywhere near that... but it was discussed how that move didn't quite fit.  Tate is a natural slot WR... which would have been a great fit here.  But in Philly, Agholor does his damage almost exclusively out of the slot.  It was a weird fit to begin with, and they still haven't figured out how to use them together... which has limited their effectiveness.  

I'd still consider the Titans signing Tate in the offseason.  He's got to be one of the best 5 or so options available.  

I'd be for him too, but why let a guy walk they have up a pick to acquire for 8 games? 

I just believe they resign him.

1 minute ago, Adamc89 said:

Makes sense. I just don’t see us going 3-0. At 2-1 we have a realistic shot with the schedules of other teams but it’s the nfl as we seen today so anything could happen that was my whole point. I think it’s obvious we aren’t a contender in the bigger picture of the playoffs but it is nice to have some kind of hope. We’ve been sold it so long as fans from the organization.  It just sucks how our offense has performed these last two years and still gotten in or close to th playoffs. Who knows what could have happened if we had potent offenses with how good the defense has played. 

The Dolphins losing today would have really helped our 9-7 scenario.   They're schedule isn't exactly intimidating... as as confident as I am that they don't finish 3-0... a 1-2 finish for them is also not likely (as long as Tannehill isn't hurt... if he goes down, it's a different story).  

We still need to win out, in my opinion.  All this 9-7 talk seems like us preparing for a loss at NYG, while still keeping hope alive.  But we're in the playoffs already.. if we can't win at NYG... if we can't beat Indy in a potential win and in (play-in playoff game essentially)... we don't deserve to be in the playoffs...

Just now, TitanSS said:

I'd be for him too, but why let a guy walk they have up a pick to acquire for 8 games? 

I just believe they resign him.

But they're seeing what many saw when that move was announced... it's a weird fit.  If they resign Tate, do they let Agholor go?  

6 minutes ago, ragevsuall17 said:

But they're seeing what many saw when that move was announced... it's a weird fit.  If they resign Tate, do they let Agholor go?  

Agholor is under contract for his 5th year option and that's it. He only has 7 total receptions over the last 4 games to Tate's 17. I haven't looked up snap counts.

I would think they sign Tate and let Agholor play out 2019 and not resign him after that. He's very meh. Has bad hands.

1 minute ago, TitanSS said:

Agholor is under contract for his 5th year option and that's it. He only has 7 total receptions over the last 4 games to Tate's 17. I haven't looked up snap counts.

I would think they sign Tate and let Agholor play out 2019 and not resign him after that. He's very meh. Has bad hands.

I seen an article today predicting  Tate getting Watkins Robinson Cook money.  I would love to have him but I don’t see him worth 15 mil a year being an aging WR. I thought it was crazy when I read it. 

Just now, Adamc89 said:

I seen an article today predicting  Tate getting Watkins Robinson Cook money.  I would love to have him but I don’t see him worth 15 mil a year being an aging WR. I thought it was crazy when I read it. 

He'll be a 31 year old WR who has never been a #1. I don't see anywhere near Watkins money.

But there is absolutely nothing for FA WRs this year so he will probably be overpaid, I just don't thinj he's near 14-16 mil like those guys. 9-11 depending on how desperate someone is.

20 minutes ago, ragevsuall17 said:

The Dolphins losing today would have really helped our 9-7 scenario.   They're schedule isn't exactly intimidating... as as confident as I am that they don't finish 3-0... a 1-2 finish for them is also not likely (as long as Tannehill isn't hurt... if he goes down, it's a different story).  

We still need to win out, in my opinion.  All this 9-7 talk seems like us preparing for a loss at NYG, while still keeping hope alive.  But we're in the playoffs already.. if we can't win at NYG... if we can't beat Indy in a potential win and in (play-in playoff game essentially)... we don't deserve to be in the playoffs...

I just think 2-1 is more realistic than winning out. We have to pressure manning to win. It just depends which team shows up to play.  They are horrible offensively when he is under duress... I don’t think we deserve the playoffs regardless. We are a 8-8 team this year and really was last year as well. We just had an easier schedule. I love the titans regardless and want them to make it because anything can happen once in. Look at those giant teams years ago winning the SB.  They never really were great either. I just don’t have confindence in them. I’ve been let down to many times over the years but still love them. 

2 minutes ago, TitanSS said:

He'll be a 31 year old WR who has never been a #1. I don't see anywhere near Watkins money.

But there is absolutely nothing for FA WRs this year so he will probably be overpaid, I just don't thinj he's near 14-16 mil like those guys. 9-11 depending on how desperate someone is.

I agree. I thought 10 mil was more than fair for him. He’s never been a top guy  but at the same time he always silently produced  everywhere he’s been. 

22 minutes ago, TitanRedd said:

Kyle Fuller 🗣 when healthy is a top corner it’s crazy how he was labeled a bust after 1 bad season playing on a injured knee. He can play zone or man & understands route concepts 

Who called him a bust? ... And why is it so important to be brought up more than once? He's not a Titan, hasn't been close to being a Titan, he's not in the afc south, he's not even in the afc... 

1 minute ago, ragevsuall17 said:

Who called him a bust? ... And why is it so important to be brought up more than once? He's not a Titan, hasn't been close to being a Titan, he's not in the afc south, he's not even in the afc... 

Bears has an A in it. Titans has an A in it. Pretty much the same team tbh.

Archived