Free Agents

Lil' Shorty

5 minutes ago, bucsfan333 said:

I bet he could come close to $12M on the market. I don't blame him at all for asking for that much.

Interesting even with the medical, not suggesting your wrong.  The other unknown is the health of Beck.  I am no authority in ankle rehab, he is also a factor in the Kwon negotiation.  Jaylon Smith missed a year due to nerve damage in his knee.  Granted, hard to compare 2 seperate injuries.  Going to be a fascinating offseason.  

1 hour ago, ravishingone said:

Interesting even with the medical, not suggesting your wrong.  The other unknown is the health of Beck.  I am no authority in ankle rehab, he is also a factor in the Kwon negotiation.  Jaylon Smith missed a year due to nerve damage in his knee.  Granted, hard to compare 2 seperate injuries.  Going to be a fascinating offseason.  

Kwon making 12 million is laughable. No team is dumb enough to pay someone that much fresh off an ACL tear. Dude will be waiting on a market for a few weeks and settle for 6-7 mil on a new team if its not us.

7 minutes ago, indifference said:

Kwon making 12 million is laughable. No team is dumb enough to pay someone that much fresh off an ACL tear. Dude will be waiting on a market for a few weeks and settle for 6-7 mil on a new team if its not us.

ACL tears don't matter anymore. 

20 minutes ago, bucsfan333 said:

ACL tears don't matter anymore. 

For $12million they should. Especially considering the lack of accolades Kwon has under his resume. He wont sniff nowhere near that with just 1 pro bowl to his name. I cant think of any FA that got paid that much fresh off an ACL tear. Those situations guys settle for reasonable contracts bc who knows if they are the same or not..

3 hours ago, bucsfan333 said:

I just don't think Richardson is nearly as good as he was to start his career. He's a better pass rusher than Beau Allen and Mitch Unrein but that isn't saying much. I'd prefer Allen as a run stuffer.

For the money, I'd prefer to look elsewhere.

Assuming McCoy is gone we are left with JPP and Vea as legit starters in the 4-3 with Vea being the only guy that should start in a 3-4. Malik Jackson would be another nice option instead of Richardson. Who are you going after? 

3 hours ago, bucsfan333 said:

I just don't think Richardson is nearly as good as he was to start his career. He's a better pass rusher than Beau Allen and Mitch Unrein but that isn't saying much. I'd prefer Allen as a run stuffer.

For the money, I'd prefer to look elsewhere.

I would rather draft interior dline then spend big money in free agency.  The dline is a strength of the draft, Licht needs to draft one before day 3. Vea is much more then a 1 technique.  I would be hard pressed to pass on Quinnen or Oliver at 5, but with Vea on the roster I could at least see why they would go in a different position in the first round.

28 minutes ago, deuces22wild said:

Assuming McCoy is gone we are left with JPP and Vea as legit starters in the 4-3 with Vea being the only guy that should start in a 3-4. Malik Jackson would be another nice option instead of Richardson. Who are you going after? 

I think the vet is needed more on the back end. A Mathieu or Weddle would probably be more beneficial (and cheaper) than trying to sign a Malik Jackson or Richardson. 

Especially when you look at the depth of this draft. We could take dline in the first two rounds and have a legit shot to land two impactful starters. I think it would be silly to not take advantage of it.

1 hour ago, deuces22wild said:

You don't see Nassib as a starter in a 4-3? I'm curious to see him get a bulk of the work, showed he can produce.

Archived