Free Agents

Lil' Shorty

We've got a coaching thread and a prospects thread. Might as well fire up a 2019 free agent thread. I personally don't think this team needs a rebuild. New coaching, competent coaching, and a few new players sprinkled in and I think we could make a strong playoff run next season. Here are some of the guys that are up to hit the market this year, whether they do or not. 

RB: Le'Veon Bell, Mark Ingram, Spencer Ware, Adrian Peterson, Tevin Coleman, Alex Collins, Peyton Barber (RFA), Jay Ajayi

OL: DJ Fluker, Roger Saffold, AJ Cann, Donovan Smith (others worth signing?)

DL: Ziggy Ansah, DeMarcus Laurence, Sheldon Richardson, Brandon Graham, Donte Fowler Jr

LB: Jadeveon Clowney, Anthony Barr, CJ Mosley, Kwon Alexander, Dee Ford

CB: Jason Verrett, Bradley Roby, Ronald Darby

S: LaMarcus Joyner, Earl Thomas, Tyrann Mathieu, HaHa Clinton-Dix, Landon Collins, George Iloka

K: Stephen Gostckowski, Adam Vinatieri, Robbie Gould, Cairo Santos, Giorgio Tavecchio, Jake Elliott, Harrison Butker, Daniel Carlson

30 minutes ago, Caaddy24 said:

I think we need to retain Kwon.

Earl Thomas would be a good signing. And Bradley Roby I'd take too. 

I'm not sure how good Andrew Adams will be and if he's best as a CB or FS...

I’m up and down on Kwon. Either way I think getting a better edge rusher from the SAM spot even if we keep 4-3 base would be a good move. 

I like what I’ve seen from Whitehead. I think he and Evans should start next year with Adams as a backup. Spend the money in FA on a CB and maybe LB/DL. Would be hard for me to stomach a big OL contract with this group hitting the market.

Id be game for Roby. Verrett is a huge risk but for real cheap why not give him a shot. I’d also be up for any of the DL or LB I listed but idk how many will really hit the market.

Throw that bag at Bradley Roby. He can be the #1 here. I’d also try to get a veteran safety either Honey Badger or Collins. 

Let Don Smith walk. Guy is lazy and not worth the big money. We can find a rookie OT in rounds 1-3 and be just fine. Little from Ole Miss would be good to me. 

Mosley and Cann need to be Bucs too. Think we can find a good guard and a linebacker in the draft it comes down to it. 

I honestly don't think we need to add a safety, at least a starting caliber one. Evans and Whitehead haven't been an issue at all really, it's the CB's that are the problem in the secondary (and I imagine that gets addressed in FA/Draft). 

OL (namely LT and RG) and CB are the main holes right now. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/20/2018 at 3:55 PM, Lil' Shorty said:

I see us keeping:

Hump, Taylor, Santos, Sanborn

Others are real up in the air.

I think keeping Kwon would be a good idea. He's young and he'll be cheap. His knee should be good to go by the preseason next year. Maybe sooner.

We give up almost 5.5 ypc in the games he's missed this year. We gave up four ypc when he was playing.

Archived