Free Agents

Lil' Shorty

56 minutes ago, Lil' Shorty said:

Let’s say with cuts/trades we have around $60M to spend in FA. Who all not currently on the team do we try and sign now that we have the blueprint for her offense and defense with Arians and Bowles?

Kwon and Hump.

1 hour ago, Lil' Shorty said:

Let’s say with cuts/trades we have around $60M to spend in FA. Who all not currently on the team do we try and sign now that we have the blueprint for her offense and defense with Arians and Bowles?

Doesn't Bowles do the 3-4? 

56 minutes ago, Caaddy24 said:

Yeah I believe that’s the base he primarily works out of, but he has some 4-3 sprinkled in. Not sure what the front 7 would look like if we went 3-4 base but I’d have to think we’d be most active in FA there.

55 minutes ago, Caaddy24 said:

Based on what others have said, the alignment isn't relevant. Bowles runs multiple fronts based on personnel.

And Arians has said pressure is all that matters, he doesn't care about alignment.

Someone asked this earlier so I’ll just bring it back up since no one really replied. Arians seemingly wants a stronger running game to support Jameis. Maybe we go after Bell, maybe we don’t. If we don’t go after Bell, who do we target and do we take a risk on Kareem Hunt?

1 hour ago, Lil' Shorty said:

Someone asked this earlier so I’ll just bring it back up since no one really replied. Arians seemingly wants a stronger running game to support Jameis. Maybe we go after Bell, maybe we don’t. If we don’t go after Bell, who do we target and do we take a risk on Kareem Hunt?

Ingram might not be a bad pickup.

3 hours ago, Lil' Shorty said:

I brought up Hunt a few days back. I mean if the owners were willing to look past Winston's past issues if Hunt goes for counseling, pays his dues suspension wise. Add an out if he so much as gets a speeding ticket.

I've always been an Ingram fan. Solid in all parts of the game. Only thing missing is the long speed but he gets tough yards, pass pro gear, solid hands. Better version of Barber.

2 hours ago, deuces22wild said:

I brought up Hunt a few days back. I mean if the owners were willing to look past Winston's past issues if Hunt goes for counseling, pays his dues suspension wise. Add an out if he so much as gets a speeding ticket.

I've always been an Ingram fan. Solid in all parts of the game. Only thing missing is the long speed but he gets tough yards, pass pro gear, solid hands. Better version of Barber.

That was my comp for Ingram as well and I feel we should get a different type of back just because we have Barber to get those tough yards.  Although Ingram is better I don't think its enough "better" to warrant the payday for him.  On that note is Barber still under contract for us? If not then it will be a pretty tough decision.

6 minutes ago, sryan66611 said:

That was my comp for Ingram as well and I feel we should get a different type of back just because we have Barber to get those tough yards.  Although Ingram is better I don't think its enough "better" to warrant the payday for him.  On that note is Barber still under contract for us? If not then it will be a pretty tough decision.

Looks like Barber is an RFA

5 minutes ago, indifference said:

Arians spoke about Tyrann Matheiu today and im convinced he will be a buc in a couple of months.

Finally a legit ball hawk. Make it happen Jason and Bruce.

Yeah I was thinking that too. Assume we get Mathieu, who starts and what’s our depth look like? I feel like it’s gotta be Evans and Mathieu and while Evans can hit be isn’t a thumper. Passing league tho..

Backups will be 2 of Whitehead, Stewart, Adams IMO. Doubt we keep 5.

1 minute ago, Lil' Shorty said:

Yeah I was thinking that too. Assume we get Mathieu, who starts and what’s our depth look like? I feel like it’s gotta be Evans and Mathieu and while Evans can hit be isn’t a thumper. Passing league tho..

Backups will be 2 of Whitehead, Stewart, Adams IMO. Doubt we keep 5.

Evans and Mathieu. Honey badger was a top 3 against the run in PFF rankings. Was #8 at his position overall. He is a no brainer.

Stewart and Adams will be fighting for the last spot. Whitehead is a lock.

Archived