Week 15 Packers @ Bears "I Believe That"

skibrett15

1 minute ago, Howler said:

Bears love their gadget plays on the perimeter.I doubt they make a concerted effort to run ball between tackles.

I expect they will run the ball a TON against this soft front we've shown all year long.  Probably will end up being Jordan Howard's best game all year.

2 minutes ago, skibrett15 said:

I expect they will run the ball a TON against this soft front we've shown all year long.  Probably will end up being Jordan Howard's best game all year.

There has been earlier games where Nagy has been enamored with the chunk plays and abandoned the power running game. Hopefully, Aaron hits them once or twice and changes the perceived gameflow.

Man, I find it funny that some of the posters who complain about our roster talent/depth and needing a strong off-season to remain competitive within the North next year are the very same people who are rooting for us to win out this year. Honestly, I don't think we have the roster to make a legitimate run at the Super Bowl and therefore right now I would rather prefer we lose out as opposed to winning. I know that's a ****ty take to have but a high draft pick could be an absolute game-changer for this team especially with the 10-14 mil cap increase next off-season. 

Just now, Nick_gb said:

Man, I find it funny that some of the posters who complain about our roster talent/depth and needing a strong off-season to remain competitive within the North next year are the very same people who are rooting for us to win out this year. Honestly, I don't think we have the roster to make a legitimate run at the Super Bowl and therefore right now I would rather prefer we lose out as opposed to winning. I know that's a ****ty take to have but a high draft pick could be an absolute game-changer for this team especially with the 10-14 mil cap increase next off-season. 

Offseason is 7 months long and I'm not prepared to wait that long than hope for a miracle.  If the Dolphins can beat the Patriots with a 60+ yard lateral play, the Packers can beat the Bears/Cowboys/Seahawks/Rams and whoever represents the AFC. 

1 minute ago, Outpost31 said:

Offseason is 7 months long and I'm not prepared to wait that long than hope for a miracle.  If the Dolphins can beat the Patriots with a 60+ yard lateral play, the Packers can beat the Bears/Cowboys/Seahawks/Rams and whoever represents the AFC. 

I mean, that's a fair take I suppose but that was a "miracle play" -- I'm not expecting miracles to happen the rest of the way. Plus, our off-season begins A LOT sooner then a typical off-season as this coaching search begins immediately after the season commences we have plenty to keep us occupied and us losing out all but guarantees that Joe Philbin is not our next HC. I want NOTHING to do with him leading this team. 

1 minute ago, Nick_gb said:

I mean, that's a fair take I suppose but that was a "miracle play" -- I'm not expecting miracles to happen the rest of the way. 

I've been fortunate enough to feel over the past 20+ yrs that if GB shows up and doesn't shoot itself in the foot, it has a chance to win almost every game on its schedule. 

Right now, vs a good-not-great Bears team, it's "hope GB plays above their heads and the Bears crap themselves, and MAYBE GB can win." That is what it felt like during the Infante years. Ugh. Right now, if GB plays its game and doesn't do anything stupid, they can beat teams like the Falcons, Jets, Lions, and Cardinals; they don't have a shot against playoff teams doing the same. 

1 minute ago, Mr Bad Example said:

I've been fortunate enough to feel over the past 20+ yrs that if GB shows up and doesn't shoot itself in the foot, it has a chance to win almost every game on its schedule. 

Right now, vs a good-not-great Bears team, it's "hope GB plays above their heads and the Bears crap themselves, and MAYBE GB can win." That is what it felt like during the Infante years. Ugh. Right now, if GB plays its game and doesn't do anything stupid, they can beat teams like the Falcons, Jets, Lions, and Cardinals; they don't have a shot against playoff teams doing the same. 

But Majkowski stealing the Bears' souls happened during Infante.

Archived