Callahan broke his foot

beardown3231

11 minutes ago, beardown3231 said:

I was thinking about this the other day. Every great pro athlete gets calls, including NFL players. How the **** does Mack not draw more holds? I counted two easy ones against the Rams. I can't recall the last two that he drew, and trust me, I'm not blaming him, moreso trying to figure out how in the world these refs don't give him one every game.

https://www.windycitygridiron.com/2018/12/14/18140064/chicago-bears-vs-green-bay-packers-how-watch-flag-holding-khalil-mack-schedule-streaming-preview

Mack has been getting raped and the refs don't seem to care. I understand there is holding on every play, but not THIS BLATANT.

It's almost as if he's being penalized for being an elite player/pass rusher. It's bull****.

20 minutes ago, G08 said:

Mack has been getting raped and the refs don't seem to care. I understand there is holding on every play, but not THIS BLATANT.

It's almost as if he's being penalized for being an elite player/pass rusher. It's bull****.

Yeah, like "I'm not calling a hold, he's good enough to get through the pulls and tugs."

On 12/13/2018 at 8:53 PM, Heinz D. said:

You're intentionally avoiding my point. Callahan isn't only know for his blitzes, and Fangio has only dialed those up for about the last month or so. Callahan has been a Bear--and not blitzing a lot--for much longer than that including, HEY!, including this season.

But as to your point off this post, yeah the D will suffer, but McMannis is good, and the unit is elite, which should serve it well going forward. And no...the DBs are good because they're good DBs. That's why the Bears have a great defense--they have superior players at each level. 

Gotta respectfully disagree on the point about the DBs vis a vis the front seven . Just look at last year's performance by the DBs v this year's. But hey, whatever the case may be, as long as they keep doin' what they are doin', all's good. :D

On 12/13/2018 at 7:33 PM, Sugashane said:

Blew it up so you could see it this time.

I never said YOU crowned him. Your post and child-like attitude was all because you failed to understand a simple comment. Then you lash out with blanketed and insubstantial claims. lol

You need to get over yourself, coach. ¬¬

18 hours ago, G08 said:

True. Like Shaq in the paint. Just ignore 75% of the calls and move on seems to be the refs' mindset. 

Now for anyone else... lol (I'm on lunch now so I have more time to type)

McManis did pretty well overall, crazy passrush helped him on a few times the slants got inside of him (mostly ran outs, slants and a few seam routes from slot). Got bullied by the slot receiver on a few run plays that annoyed me (St. Brown I think), but started coming down harder pretty quickly. Was mostly ineffective as a blitzer on 5-6 tries but that was more due to how quick Rodgers got rid of the ball. I believe he got stonewalled by the RB once but also got a hit on Rodgers too that was still completed. It's Rodgers, it happens, just happy he got to hit him. Had an absolutely awesome breakup on a seam route to the deep left. He wasn't the one who broke up the hail mary but put a shoulder in the receiver I think. Did have two bad plays I remember - got beat deep on an overthrow and a slant that Cobb (I think) dropped. Liked how he knew to switch with the boundary CB on the in/out combo routes  and how he came up on the bubble screen options the slot does for them. On one pass breakup late in the end zone he was lucky not to get called for illegal touching, but no call no problem to me. They sure as hell missed a ton of holds on GB, so this was owed to us.

All in all, pretty solid game. Didn't have much impact outside of a few plays, but he wasn't targeted much. You can never blame him for that, but seems more a credit to him and the passrush.

Archived