According to stats online Montana played with Terrell for 4 years

Yeah, he didn’t.

2 minutes ago, mtmmike said:

steve young for 3

Which is what I said.

2 minutes ago, mtmmike said:

donovan mcnabb

and tony Romo witch one of those could you trade tannehill straight up for

What is your point here? When did I ever argue that Tannehill is better than those guys?  You’re deflecting.

Using this logic Rice wasnt very impressive either then.  Or Marvin Harrison, right?

To humor you... WR’s are dependent on a QB getting them the ball to make plays, sure, but Tannehill obviously had no issue doing that as Landry has the record you like to point out. The difference is great receivers actually do something with the ball once they catch it and win consistently in the red zone, neither of which Landry has done particularly well at all, here or in Miami.

3 minutes ago, mtmmike said:

Good point

i also am wrong about tos first year

TO is also has 150+ tds, Jarvis will be lucky to get to half of it. 

If Jarvis catches another 1000 balls in the next 10 years he will go to HOF, I just wouldn't count on it happening. There are too many players a head of him in his time period. 

Mike Evan's 

Obj 

Julio

AJ 

Brandin Cooks not a hofer 

Juju 

Antonio Brown 

DeAndre

And there are others who have the potential to exceed him also. Juice maybe the top hands catcher but physically he isnt close to those guys. 

Also he could be the best leader of the group. Certainly has the best recorded speech from all of them.

20 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Playing through an injury makes someone worth 15 million a year?

Tretter can’t hardly walk apparently, looks like he’s due for a raise...

It looks like 15 million a year to you is all about production on the field which is fine if Tyrod isn't your quarterback and Hue Jackson and Haley aren't running your offense with the personnel you have. Kitchens set Baker up for  success and is using EVERYBODY on the field. Jarvis has sent a message to that locker room and is displaying it every day. Making all the tough catches, fighting every play and thru injuries, being a true leader for the young core which we desperately lacked. Even thru the tough part of the year. He still has a shot at being over a 1000 yards and if he goes off a couple of these last games he could go for 100 catches. And yes tretter has definitely earned his paycheck and more. I won't take that away from him. Especially since we only allowed 4 QB hits in the past 4-5 games.

2 minutes ago, TypicalBrowns10 said:

It looks like 15 million a year to you is all about production on the field which is fine if Tyrod isn't your quarterback and Hue Jackson and Haley aren't running your offense with the personnel you have. Kitchens set Baker up for  success and is using EVERYBODY on the field. Jarvis has sent a message to that locker room and is displaying it every day. Making all the tough catches, fighting every play and thru injuries, being a true leader for the young core which we desperately lacked. Even thru the tough part of the year. He still has a shot at being over a 1000 yards and if he goes off a couple of these last games he could go for 100 catches. And yes tretter has definitely earned his paycheck and more. I won't take that away from him. Especially since we only allowed 4 QB hits in the past 4-5 games.

I think Jarvis has earned his pay cheque this year, but a lot of it isnt from on the field play. He earned as much off the field as on it. 

It is hard to get into the HOF through motivational talks however.juoce hasn't been playing at HOF level much this year 

5 hours ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Now Landry is not only top 5-10 in the league now, but he’s better than a couple HOFer’s?????

Jesus Christ fellas, lay off the sauce.

tbf, he has set a pretty good pace for catching a **** ton of balls

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/10/07/jarvis-landry-sets-record-for-catches-in-first-five-years-with-11-games-left/

i dont think hes a surefire HOFer or even a probable HOFer but he very well could get 10000 yards in 10 years if he takes care of his body and gets lucky with injuries
If he keeps it up and keeps giving us 1000 yard seasons he probably lives out his contract here... but if not we have an out after every season starting with the 2020 one

Just now, TypicalBrowns10 said:

It looks like 15 million a year to you is all about production on the field which is fine if Tyrod isn't your quarterback and Hue Jackson and Haley aren't running your offense with the personnel you have. Kitchens set Baker up for  success and is using EVERYBODY on the field.

Which is what every good offense does.  Do Brees, Brady, Mahomes, etc single out one dude?  Did Peyton?  The greats produce despite that.

Jarvis has sent a message to that locker room and is displaying it every day. Making all the tough catches, fighting every play and thru injuries, being a true leader for the young core which we desperately lacked.

He’s been a great vet, no doubt.  No amount of vet leadership is worth his contract.

Even thru the tough part of the year. He still has a shot at being over a 1000 yards and if he goes off a couple of these last games he could go for 100 catches.

Yes, if he goes HAM he’ll have great numbers.

Just like if Ogbah goes off he’ll have double digit sacks.... Or if Chubb goes off he’ll have 1200 yards... 

I’m not going to say someone is doing great because “their numbers project to be pretty damned impressive if they go off for 3 consecutive weeks in a manner we haven’t seen all season”.

And yes tretter has definitely earned his paycheck and more. I won't take that away from him. Especially since we only allowed 4 QB hits in the past 4-5 games.

He makes like 4 million and provides the same vet leadership and toughness.  I like that value proposition much better.

1 minute ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Which is what every good offense does.  Do Brees, Brady, Mahomes, etc single out one dude?  Did Peyton?  The greats produce despite that.

He’s been a great vet, no doubt.  No amount of vet leadership is worth his contract.

Just like if Ogbah goes off he’ll have double digit sacks.... Or if Chubb goes off he’ll have 1200 yards... 

I’m not going to say someone is doing great because “their numbers project to be pretty damned impressive if they go off for 3 consecutive weeks in a manner we haven’t seen all season”.

He makes like 4 million and provides the same vet leadership and toughness.  I like that value proposition much better.

sammie watkins ultimately got pretty close to the same 2 year deal that landry has based on his career - and his production is much worse.  unfortunately thats waht the goin rate for WRs is these days lol

3 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Ok, what's our record without him?

1 minute ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

I’ve never denied that, but he was targeted a ton in Miami and didn’t do much with the ball when he caught them.

469 receptions and 25 TD’s. 8.8 ypc last season.  Yawn.

sure, but his 2018 is close to his avg season from 2015-2016 which ill take

Look, I’m not saying he’s not a good player, he is.

Im not saying he wasn’t a good addition, he was.

But when folks start making nonsensical claims like he’s better than TO, looks like a HOFer, etc I don’t think it’s wrong to point out the absurdity and give some perspective to the “greatness” of Jarvis Landry.

4 minutes ago, mistakey said:

sammie watkins ultimately got pretty close to the same 2 year deal that landry has based on his career - and his production is much worse.  unfortunately thats waht the goin rate for WRs is these days lol

Sure, but who’s arguing Watkins was a great value? His was a much shorter contract too iirc.

That’s what happens when you’re a poor team like the Browns have been, you overpay for talent.

Archived