Jarvis Landry - Revisited

mistakey

6 minutes ago, mistakey said:

976        12.0Y/R    4 TD    54.4% catch rate               60 yards rushing          1 td

honestly, had a pretty good year.  can build on it for next year but glad hes here

At 15.5 million?  

Good year, elite compensation...

Glad he’s here too, but let’s hold off on having him measured for his gold jacket just yet (not directed at you mistake)

1 minute ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

At 15.5 million?  

Good year, elite compensation...

Glad he’s here too, but let’s hold off on having him measured for his gold jacket just yet (not directed at you mistake)

not really elite compensation anymore though, its just going rate for 1000 yard receiver on the free market rate

I get where @LETSGOBROWNIES is coming from but I also see where the salary's are heading and you factor in what Jarvis does for this team that cannot be measured by stats and I am perfectly happy with what he is being paid. We have the cap space and we needed leadership more than elite production. Jarvis is also turning into a great gadget player which is a great thing to have and lucky for us he is still a very good receiver on top of that bc most gadget players in the NFL suck at being a complete player.

I don't think Baker, Higgins, Calloway, Njoku or Perriman are what they were this year without the influence of Jarvis Landry.

I'm mostly satisfied with how Landry has played this year. He was overpaid for sure, but he's still a very good player to have. And I think it'll do him wonders if we're able to get a true #1 WR. Maybe Callaway can become that guy, but he's not consistent enough at this point in time.

6 hours ago, Kiwibrown said:

There is a reasonable chance he improves next year in this offense, and improves as him and Baker pro relationship develop. 

Yup. And it's easy to forget that Landry is still a young player. It's reasonable to think he's still honing his craft. That and another year with Baker and methinks 1100/9/100 is reasonable to expect.

1 minute ago, NudeTayne said:

Yup. And it's easy to forget that Landry is still a young player. It's reasonable to think he's still honing his craft. That and another year with Baker and methinks 1100/9/100 is reasonable to expect.

My predictions- Callaway 1200 yards 80 receptions 9 tds

Landry 85 receptions 1000 yards 6 tds

Njoku 70 receptions 800 yards 10 tds 

Duke 45 receptions 400 yards 4 tds 

Perriman 30 receptions 600 yards 3 tds 

Higgins 700 yards 50 receptions 5 tds 

If Callaway is sober I think he is going to boom next year and be the clear 3rd best wr behind Juju and AJ. 

Just now, Kiwibrown said:

My predictions- Callaway 1200 yards 80 receptions 9 tds

Landry 85 receptions 1000 yards 6 tds

Njoku 70 receptions 800 yards 10 tds 

Duke 45 receptions 400 yards 4 tds 

Perriman 30 receptions 600 yards 3 tds 

Higgins 700 yards 50 receptions 5 tds 

If Callaway is sober I think he is going to boom next year and be the clear 3rd best wr behind Juju and AJ. 

Callaway scares me this offseason. He’ll have plenty of time to get into trouble. And usually guys with a history of it continue with it. 

Archived