5up 5down Pats

3rivers

up

1. Watt - helped the front major today getting the pressure required to get brady uncomfortable

2. D scheme - they finally devised a scheme that suits the opponent

3. Samuels -  quite a yardage total, he runs downhill and has vision. If the OL blocks like that, he is good for yardage and in the passing game.

4. Haden - great INT and other plays

5. Wr's and TE - all played good, Washington woke up hopefully. Our players caught their passes the pats dropped theirs

down

1. bos is still unreliable, will this be what ends the season eventually

2. bens INT's. - these games are tough to win, need to be careful with the INT's 

3. I don't like the cute play calling in the RZ. They need to run especially when the RB is averaging 7ypc ? Getting FG attempts are no good for this team, they need to get TD's This game should have been won by 20+

4. refs weren't really bad, but some questionable calls in the game always irks me.

5. the blown coverage and 12 men on the field by the D early in the game.  The team needs to be ready from the start and stop these errors

we won but the pats also lost, they never played their best game. This is a start, and if we get serious and run the ball in the RZ and own TOP maybe we have a chance. If we get cute in the RZ and ben throws the pics, it won't work vs the better playoff teams.  I liked how we ran the ball today and how they adjusted the D scheme.  Vikings got back to running the ball to, sometimes a loss (or a few losses) is what a team needs to wake up and get back to the basics. We are a different team when we run and run in the RZ.

Injuries weren't severe from what I have read. The players should be able to play next week. Maybe tomlin will run the same D next week, I saw Forte getting some snaps and he deserves to be out there the whole game since he is better than the other ILB's we have.  Burns was out there early, but they eventually took him out and it still worked for the D.

Pats might be on the decline. They would usually blow us out the way we played today. Brady missed throws. They had numerous "Un-Patriotic" penalties in crucial moments. I'll celebrate the win but it felt more like the Pats gave it to us then the Steelers actually earning it. 

19 minutes ago, Chieferific said:

Pats might be on the decline. They would usually blow us out the way we played today. Brady missed throws. They had numerous "Un-Patriotic" penalties in crucial moments. I'll celebrate the win but it felt more like the Pats gave it to us then the Steelers actually earning it. 

agree, not the best game by the pats that's for sure.  

28 minutes ago, Chieferific said:

With Tom Brady where he is, any down year is going to feel like a decline for the franchise. Their offense just isn't clicking like it normally has been. Their down year is still probably going to get them a first round bye. This is the weakest Pats team in a while.

The flags...I'm going to reserve commenting too much. A lot of that stuff didn't need to be called. I think the Steelers forced a legit fumble that was negated by the refs only to  be followed up with the Haden pick after a pretty weak holidng call. The Steelers got the overall benefit in this one. The Patriots hardly have room to complain there. But this was not the confidence inspiring win over NE that the team needed. There's always NO next week...

UP

Defense.. outside of that busted play and a few pat drops, I thought the defense shut them down most of the time.

the depth on offense... Samuels, Washington, switzer, Rodgers all did well when called upon

finally beating the pats and knowing the game should of been a blowout...clearly the better team yesterday

DOWN

still playing too sloppy at times...the picks and boz miss. those 3 drives could of ended up in points..been a habit of this team all yr

the loses to the raiders and chargers, because we would be the two seed right now

Archived