Where do you rank Chris Ballard among the best GMs in the league?

Blackstar12

Just this offseason alone

Darius Leonard- DROY

Quinton Nelson- Already one of the best G in football.

Braden Smith- Another solid player

Ebron- Turned his career around after being  labled a bust in Detorit.

There’s others but these are the main highlights I wanted to mention.

14 minutes ago, Forge said:

It's been a season (and not a full one). You can't grade him after that small a sample. John Lynch is in his second year and it's probably too early to form any opinions

This is his second year but this year’s picks and FA pick ups have been so much better he hit them out the park while at the same time saving cap space.

4 minutes ago, Blackstar12 said:

This is his second year but this year’s picks have been so much better he hit them out the park while at the same time saving cap space.

Oops, correct. My bad. But yeah, still too early. After his second year as acting GM, Trent Baalke looked like one of the best GMs in football following back to back drafts that produced Iupati, Anthony Davis, Bowman, Aldon Smith, and a number of other starters. 

3 years later he was considered one of the worst gms in the game. GMs require a large sample size of at least several seasons before you can really look at them in full scope. 

24 minutes ago, Forge said:

Oops, correct. My bad. But yeah, still too early. After his second year as acting GM, Trent Baalke looked like one of the best GMs in football following back to back drafts that produced Iupati, Anthony Davis, Bowman, Aldon Smith, and a number of other starters. 

3 years later he was considered one of the worst gms in the game. GMs require a large sample size of at least several seasons before you can really look at them in full scope. 

Valid points but to go from Grigson to Ballard seems like night and day. xD

Archived