2018 draft thread - still sucking a decade later

Its A Sabotage

Just now, LinderFournette said:

doesnt change the fact he choked or couldnt "carry his team" vs his good competition like clemson. 

then you also have the Bobby Petrino curse of QBs.  Look at his List: Ragone: Bust 3rd rounder, LeFors: bust 4th rounder, Teddy Bridgewater: Bust(hasnt established himself as a starter at qb in his 4th year) 1st rounder. 

Good lord.

15 minutes ago, LinderFournette said:

doesnt change the fact he choked or couldnt "carry his team" vs his good competition like clemson. 

then you also have the Bobby Petrino curse of QBs.  Look at his List: Ragone: Bust 3rd rounder, LeFors: bust 4th rounder, Teddy Bridgewater: Bust(hasnt established himself as a starter at qb in his 4th year) 1st rounder. 

I certainly wouldn't call Teddy a bust yet.  But also, he didn't play under Petrino.  He was at Louisville during the Charlie Strong era, with Shawn Watson as his OC and stuff.

If you really want to rag on Petrino QBs, you'd probably be better served with the total busts who actually played for him.  Like Ryan Mallett and Tyler Wilson, or Brian Brohm or something.

11 minutes ago, Tugboat said:
32 minutes ago, LinderFournette said:

I certainly wouldn't call Teddy a bust yet.  But also, he didn't play under Petrino.  He was at Louisville during the Charlie Strong era, with Shawn Watson as his OC and stuff.

If you really want to rag on Petrino QBs, you'd probably be better served with the total busts who actually played for him.  Like Ryan Mallett and Tyler Wilson, or Brian Brohm or something.

If it were anyone else, I would think the bolded is trolling.

5 minutes ago, Tugboat said:

slightly missed on teddy(Petrino took over 2014 season) but the point still stands and Brohm only played 2 years under him.  

throw Brandon Doughty on that list as well. 

to me it speaks volmes the vikings would rather keep starting Keenum over teddy whos healthy.

1 minute ago, LinderFournette said:

slightly missed on teddy(Petrino took over 2014 season) but the point still stands and Brohm only played 2 years under him.  

throw Brandon Doughty on that list as well. 

to me it speaks volmes the vikings would rather keep starting Keenum over teddy whos healthy.

Yeah, why keep starting the guy who's on a 7 game win streak and balling out.

What idiots...

isnt 4 years  enough time to establish yourself as an NFL starting QB?

Yeah, because his first two years Teddy was terrible before shredding his knee in a freak accident in practice and being out the last 2.

Definitely fair to say its been 4 yrs for Teddy when hes been out the past two from a freak accident.

1 minute ago, .Buzz said:

Yeah, because his first two years Teddy was terrible before shredding his knee in a freak accident in practice and being out the last 2.

Definitely fair to say its been 4 yrs for Teddy when hes been out the past two from a freak accident.

you get dealt the hand you get dealt in life.  is it anyones fault Teddy had a "freak accident"? no.  

you get dealt the hand you get dealt in life.  is it anyones fault Teddy had a "freak accident"? no.  

What are you even talking about?

Doesnt change the fact that he isnt a bust. He looked the part of a very solid QB and the future and has been hurt. Not sure I'd chalk up a young qb whp showed promise before getting an unlucky injury as a reason not to draft a guy from that same school.

if hes balling out so good why wont the coaching staff just commit to Keenum as the starter for the rest of the season instead of Week by Week?

This is a huge plus for the Teddy crowd so I dont get your point here with your argument?

If anything this shows how much like Teddy that they havent commited to a guy who is on a 7 game win streak.

2 minutes ago, .Buzz said:

This is a huge plus for the Teddy crowd so I dont get your point here with your argument?

If anything this shows how much like Teddy that they havent commited to a guy who is on a 7 game win streak.

but as it was also pointed out petrino didnt coach Teddy. Teddy left to the nfl draft in 2014 and petrino became the coach at lousivlle for the 2014 season so. 

2 minutes ago, LinderFournette said:

but as it was also pointed out petrino didnt coach Teddy. Teddy left to the nfl draft in 2014 and petrino became the coach at lousivlle for the 2014 season so. 

None of the QBs youve mentioned from the Petrino era are close to as talented as Lamar.

So.

4 hours ago, KhanYouDigIt said:

I really hope Lamar ends up in a Jags uniform somehow. Whether he falls to us or we trade up to get him. I don’t care how it happens. 

i hope Lamar decides to be smart and stay in school :P

Coughlin/marrone dont want a Athletic  qb for a Play action based passing offense with a Power run game. 

Archived