Serious thread: Freddie for HC

mistakey

21 minutes ago, TheeRealDeal said:

Here is a look at the coaches Freddie Kitchens has cross paths with in his NFL coaching career that he could potentially bring in.

First off current head coaches that probably aren't going to be available for the Browns.

Anthony Lynn & Frank Reicht, but it is good to know that he has been in offensive meeting rooms with these guys who are clearly successful NFL coaches.

Also,

Ken Whisenhunt in Arizona 2007
-Current OC in Los Angeles. Probably not a candidate to come here.

The next group is the please dear sweet mother of mercy please don't do that to us again.

Todd Haley in Dallas 2006 in Arizona 2007
-Fired midway through this season by Browns. Lets hope Kitchens would be smart enough not to bring him back. Doubt that he would come back.

Ray Horton in Arizona 2011
-Hasn't been in leauge since being fired by Browns in 2017. Lets hope he doesn't get a call from us again.

Position Coach possibilities

Brenston Buckner in Arizona in 2012 (DL)
-Half dozen years of coaching DL expeirence.

Steve Heiden in Arizona 13-17 (TE/OL)
-Not a lot of great things for the Arizona OL under his coaching but he was only an assistant OL coach and just getting his feet wet with not much talent to coach. Can't make chicken salad out of chicken droppings.

Larry Zierlein  in Arizona 13-17 (OL)
-Year and years of coaching OL experience. Has been an OL coach here in Cleveland before.

Here are the two coaches I would for sure love to have reunite with Freddie.

Todd Bowels in Dallas 2006 in Arizona 2012
-Current HC of the New York Jets. If fired could potentially be a DC candidate with connections to Freddie Kitchens. Was a great DC in Arizona and had a high 3rd down success rate. Took over for Ray Horton and too the defense to a new level. Hasn't been dealt the best cards in New York as a HC and I think he would thrive again back in a DC role.

Russ Grimm in Arizona 2007
-Retired by is only 59 and we all know how retirements from coaching go in the NFL. Has had high levels of success at multiple different stops. Like I said he is still young and we all know the draw a young franchise QB can have on coaches "retirements".

Judging by his coaching connections I would like to hope he would rely on some help and take suggestions from Dorsey/Wolfe/Highsmith should he be the one getting the Head Coaching job.

I heard that Ken Whisehunt could be a sleeper candidate for the Browns. When he has had talent at the QB position he has created some great scheme for them. If he was deemed in helping find the next QB I would be worried about him but with Baker in house, I think he could work well. 

He has looked really good working with Rivers the past few years. Rivers is having one of his best seasons over the past 10years. 

1 minute ago, buno67 said:

I heard that Ken Whisehunt could be a sleeper candidate for the Browns. When he has had talent at the QB position he has created some great scheme for them. If he was deemed in helping find the next QB I would be worried about him but with Baker in house, I think he could work well. 

He has looked really good working with Rivers the past few years. Rivers is having one of his best seasons over the past 10years. 

That would be an underwhelming hire to say the least

Everyone wants the next Sean Payton?

The argument against Freddie Kitchens is that he doesn't have the big name, flare, prior success ect?

Lets look at this Sean Payton character for a second without the 20/20 shades.

-In 1998 he was fired as QB coach in Philadelphia.

-Play calling duties were stripped from him in 2002 by coach Jim Fassel & offense showed immediate improvement.

-Was a QB coach for three season(03-05) in Dallas coaching the likes of Quincy Carter, Vinny T and Drew Bledsoe. He never developed or mentored a young QB to any kind of success.

-When hired by New Orleans in 2006 was not a well known name and wasn't the #1 head coaching target by teams. Kubiak, McCarthey and Edwards were all more desired coaches.

Freddie Kitchens has never been fired as a QB coach and he has never had the play calling duties stripped from him for poor performance reasons. So that is at least 2 things he's got over Sean Payton.

3 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Shut up with your “facts”, we’re having a Freddie Kitchens circle jerk and if you don’t like it you can leave Debbie Downer!!!!!!!!

!!!!

Can’t you just say, Circle jerk in the Kitchens?

2 minutes ago, buno67 said:

I don't have time to bring up all the facts that show Ken Whisenhunt is a trash Head Coaching candidate but if you would like some time before later tonight and mid-day tomorrow I can show why Ken Whisenhunt would be a step in the wrong direction for Cleveland.

4 minutes ago, TheeRealDeal said:

Everyone wants the next Sean Payton?

The argument against Freddie Kitchens is that he doesn't have the big name, flare, prior success ect?

Lets look at this Sean Payton character for a second without the 20/20 shades.

-In 1998 he was fired as QB coach in Philadelphia.

-Play calling duties were stripped from him in 2002 by coach Jim Fassel & offense showed immediate improvement.

-Was a QB coach for three season(03-05) in Dallas coaching the likes of Quincy Carter, Vinny T and Drew Bledsoe. He never developed or mentored a young QB to any kind of success.

-When hired by New Orleans in 2006 was not a well known name and wasn't the #1 head coaching target by teams. Kubiak, McCarthey and Edwards were all more desired coaches.

Freddie Kitchens has never been fired as a QB coach and he has never had the play calling duties stripped from him for poor performance reasons. So that is at least 2 things he's got over Sean Payton.

That’s more like it.

IDK if anybody mentioned this yet but anybody else concerned that if we keep either Gregg/Kitchens in a big role next year that it could be bad. Peter King mentioned that this year the entire team is riding a lot on the emotion that Gregg/Freddie injected when Hue/Haley were fired and that same sort of edge that exists this season likely wont carry over to next year once all of Greggs pep talks run out of gas and opposing teams get adjusted to Kitchens play calling and tendencies. 

He mentioned bringing somebody in like McDaniels (hell no), McCarthy (no), Shaw (yes), or Arians (yes) for the long term could be more beneficial for the long haul than trying to hope the emotions/edge the players are currently playing with rolls over into next year and they fall flat.

2 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

I want the guy who will give Baker the best chance to be successful. I think Freddie is the next big thing in the NFL. He’s played QB and has tons of NFL experience.

Why not?

Because you’re not rocking him as your avi.

Correct that mistake and we’ll be in business.

3 minutes ago, TheeRealDeal said:

I don't have time to bring up all the facts that show Ken Whisenhunt is a trash Head Coaching candidate but if you would like some time before later tonight and mid-day tomorrow I can show why Ken Whisenhunt would be a step in the wrong direction for Cleveland.

It be a reach of a hire but it depends on what he can do. He did great things with young Big Ben, A healthy Kurt Warner, and Now Rivers. I wouldn’t want it but I wouldn’t lose my crap over it. 

To me it’s almost about the staff that could be built more so than just the HC

8 minutes ago, buno67 said:

It be a reach of a hire but it depends on what he can do. He did great things with young Big Ben, A healthy Kurt Warner, and Now Rivers. I wouldn’t want it but I wouldn’t lose my crap over it. 

To me it’s almost about the staff that could be built more so than just the HC

He should have done well with all 3 of those guys all 3 are hall of fame Quarterbacks 

Archived