Diablo 3

showtime

• 1 month later...
21 hours ago, showtime said:

Season 17 will start on Friday, May 17th.  I'll be doing this season on Xbox, most likely.

Man I got burned out on the last season so fast.  What character are you going to run this time?  Maybe if we co op more this time I’d keep my interest longer.

LoN takes a long time to build up since you need ancient items to make it work.  So I guess sets will matter at first before you dump them.

Crusader and Monk both have sets I really love this season.  I might go Monk because the Sunwuko is one my all-time favorites.  Probably will depend on what are the best LoN builds.

26 minutes ago, showtime said:

Actually, I might go Crusader.  I really like the Invoker set because it's the most unique set in the game and that's the set the Crusader gets.  Their Condemn LoN build also looks insane.

Any word on the strength of DH Multishot?  Like anything I guess it'll depend on the ancient drops you get.  

3 hours ago, MKnight82 said:

Any word on the strength of DH Multishot?  Like anything I guess it'll depend on the ancient drops you get.  

LoN Multishot?  Or UE Multishot?  If it's from the set, the UE Multishot is still arguably the best speed farming set in the entire game.  I've never seen a LoN MS build.  The Unhallowed Essence set gives so much damage to Multishot that I don't think you can really run it without the set.

EDIT:  Here are the set bonuses: 

(2) Set:
Your generators generate 2 additional Hatred and 1 Discipline.

(4) Set:
Gain 60% damage reduction and deal 60% increased damage for 8 seconds if no enemy is within 10 yards of you.

(6) Set:
Your generators, Multishot, and Vengeance deal 350% increased damage for every point of Discipline you have.

So when you have full discipline, your Multishot goes insane.  I don't know, maybe you can run that without the set.  If you had good ancient gear that was rolled with max discipline on say the chest and everywhere else it was possible.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, MKnight82 said:

Wow.  I've been looking for a reason to run a Necro, this might be the season to do it.  

That Necro build that's the consensus best (LoN Thorns) is only actually good on really high GR's.  Other than that, it's not as good.  Unless you were talking about another Necro build.

1 minute ago, showtime said:

That Necro build that's the consensus best (LoN Thorns) is only actually good on really high GR's.  Other than that, it's not as good.  Unless you were talking about another Necro build.

I'll probably run one of the tier A necro builds while farming gear.  

Edited by MKnight82

2 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

I'll probably run one of the tier A necro builds while farming gear.  

I've never done a season with Barb or Witch Doctor, but I've played them for a little.  Necro is the one class in this game I've literally never played even for one second.