Time for a Redskins Fan Strike

Doc Draper

27 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

Sure it is, it hasn’t happened since Snyder owned the team. It’s not going to happen and if it does, I’ll be the first to admit I’m wrong.

No I meant your ignorant comment about white collar redskin fans 

8 hours ago, turtle28 said:

It’s just an observation I’ve made during the Snyder Era. I mean let’s be honest, there are people most of us who don’t go to games anymore, probably don’t buy much nor any redskins year and many of us just complain about the team and how they do so much wrong.

Then, there is a group of fans who really, really have burgundy and gold sunglasses who will always go to the games, they’re jock sniffers and always buy a lot of Redskins gear. 

It’s just not going to happen, those 20,000 - 50,000 or so ppl will always go to games and if they don’t, those people will sell their tickets to Redskins fans who don’t have as much money and never get to go like one of my friends who took her kids to the Giants game, etc. 

Also, it’s been widely known that since the Redskins left RFK the fans that come to the game have gotten more and more white collar and less blue collar, especially with all of the corporate interests and suites.

A strike of the team just isn’t going to happen. The fans are not in that strong in solidarity against this franchise. 

And yes, I am a Donkey. Born and raised, that’s not changing.

This is true for literally every NFL team.  The cost for tickets compared to other sports is astronomical.  Therefore, more people are attending in a different financial bracket because, just for two people, it costs over $300 just to attend the game.  If you want to tailgate, you're out at least $50 on the parking pass, and have to purchase what food you are eating.  If you are taking the metro or other transportation in, and eating at Fed Ex, it's costing you more than the $50 and the cost of food in all likelihood.  In some stadiums, parking is a whole lot more based off of demand due to much more limited parking.  

If you want season tickets, multiply that cost by 10.  It costs me more for my Redskins season tickets for 10 games, without purchasing secondary market parking, than it costs me to get my 29 game Orioles package with parking included.  

You went a bit over the line in the first post though, none of that was needed.

Fan Strike! I've been doing that for the last 6 years. My entire family has stopped going to the games! The last game we went to was the 2012 final season game against Dallas. We haven't purchased a Washington Redskin related item since then too. I swore I wasn't going to spend another cent on the Skins until they fire Allen and make the playoffs with a reasonable chance of advancement. If Snyder was reading this he would find out that we uusally picked up between the whole family about 5 tickets a game. That comes out to about 240 tickets not purchased in 6 years. Think of all those Redskin items like jerseys, caps, mugs, jackets, etc that we usually purchased at game or bought online that we did not spend on. I know it's only a drop in the bucket for a billionaire like Snyder, but think of the ramifications when that starts to tranpire throughout the Redskin fandom! Sadly, this has also effected watching not just the Skins, but also any other NFL game. We used to watch the other games too, especially Giants, Cowboys and Eagles so we could root for the oppsoing teams to beat them. It has come to a sad conclusion that we are going to leave the NFL behind. We can use that time more wisely then scream out our fustrations about the dreadful Redskins, going on 27 years now.

12 hours ago, naptownskinsfan said:

This is true for literally every NFL team.  The cost for tickets compared to other sports is astronomical.  Therefore, more people are attending in a different financial bracket because, just for two people, it costs over $300 just to attend the game.  If you want to tailgate, you're out at least $50 on the parking pass, and have to purchase what food you are eating.  If you are taking the metro or other transportation in, and eating at Fed Ex, it's costing you more than the $50 and the cost of food in all likelihood.  In some stadiums, parking is a whole lot more based off of demand due to much more limited parking.  

If you want season tickets, multiply that cost by 10.  It costs me more for my Redskins season tickets for 10 games, without purchasing secondary market parking, than it costs me to get my 29 game Orioles package with parking included.  

You went a bit over the line in the first post though, none of that was needed.

Don’t care, it is what it is. There’s not as much excitement at Fed Ex as there was at RFK bc there was less corporate influence.

23 hours ago, turtle28 said:

It’s just an observation I’ve made during the Snyder Era. I mean let’s be honest, there are people most of us who don’t go to games anymore, probably don’t buy much nor any redskins year and many of us just complain about the team and how they do so much wrong.

Then, there is a group of fans who really, really have burgundy and gold sunglasses who will always go to the games, they’re jock sniffers and always buy a lot of Redskins gear. 

It’s just not going to happen, those 20,000 - 50,000 or so ppl will always go to games and if they don’t, those people will sell their tickets to Redskins fans who don’t have as much money and never get to go like one of my friends who took her kids to the Giants game, etc. 

Also, it’s been widely known that since the Redskins left RFK the fans that come to the game have gotten more and more white collar and less blue collar, especially with all of the corporate interests and suites.

A strike of the team just isn’t going to happen. The fans are not in that strong in solidarity against this franchise. 

And yes, I am a Donkey. Born and raised, that’s not changing.

Stating this at the first mention would be better than how you stated it to be a class thing. I don't want it to go there, but there was serious accusational and offensive verbiage that I felt was derogatory and you don't even apologize for it. No recognition once again of admitting any fault. 

I am done with this thread. It sucks that you have that mentality and can categorize or blame the fanbase on a specific income bracket. 

Sorry Thai and Woz. I am no longer responding to this thread. 

1 hour ago, mike23md said:

Stating this at the first mention would be better than how you stated it to be a class thing. I don't want it to go there, but there was serious accusational and offensive verbiage that I felt was derogatory and you don't even apologize for it. No recognition once again of admitting any fault. 

I am done with this thread. It sucks that you have that mentality and can categorize or blame the fanbase on a specific income bracket. 

Sorry Thai and Woz. I am no longer responding to this thread. 

It was just a horrible, elitist post that honestly just stood for being more offensive than actually making any real sense too.

Archived