Redskins front office shakeup: COO, CMO fired

MikeT14

5 minutes ago, naptownskinsfan said:

Chris Russell reporting that someone heard that Lafemina was planning to quit, so they fired him instead.  

IANAL, but doesn't that then possibly open them up to a wrongful termination suit? Or at the very least, an arbitration to determine if the employee must be paid some or all of the remaining contract?

4 minutes ago, Woz said:

IANAL, but doesn't that then possibly open them up to a wrongful termination suit? Or at the very least, an arbitration to determine if the employee must be paid some or all of the remaining contract?

If Lafemina quit, odds are they wouldn't owe him anything.  Firing him, however, means they have to pay out the contract.  Which makes no sense to me, why pay the guy if he planned to quit?  The vindictiveness is so petty from a billion dollar organization.  

26 minutes ago, naptownskinsfan said:

If Lafemina quit, odds are they wouldn't owe him anything.  Firing him, however, means they have to pay out the contract.  Which makes no sense to me, why pay the guy if he planned to quit?  The vindictiveness is so petty from a billion dollar organization.  

Because they can play it off like it was for cause and then win arbitration and pay nothing

Worked with Scott

23 minutes ago, Thaiphoon said:

Because they can play it off like it was for cause and then win arbitration and pay nothing

Worked with Scott

But why take that chance? If he quit, they don't owe him a thing.

24 minutes ago, Thaiphoon said:

Worked with Scott

With McCloughan, there weren't rumors he planned to quit.  If a guy quits, they don't owe him anything.  At this point, they are doing this out of spite to Lafemina, to fire him the day after Christmas when he planned to resign anyway.  

It is amazing that one person in Snyder can't see this, yet everyone else does.  I used to defend stupid things like this and his FA signings as "well, Snyder's a fan, he wants to win as much as any of us do" and I think that's run it's course.  It's time to stop being a fan, treat this like the business it should be and get the ship righted.  I know it's not going to happen, but there's still a little glimmer of hope that it might.  

5 hours ago, lavar703 said:

Dan Snyder isn’t the sole owner of the team. There are other owners albeit they own a much lesser percentage. There has to be something they can do to stop this mess? There has to be something the league can do to oust him as owner? At what point is enough, enough? I mean you have a dying fanbase for one of the leagues most storied franchises. How can you just sit idly by as this happens? The NFL needs to step in. 

Majority owner: Dan Snyder, 53

Minority owners: Michele Snyder, 55; Arlette Snyder, 81; Robert Rothman, 64; Dwight C. Shar, 75;, Frederick W. Smith, 73

19 minutes ago, Woz said:

But why take that chance? If he quit, they don't owe him a thing.

Because they are stupid. I thought this was well known.

They dont want the optics of a guy they just hired to turn things around, quitting.

So to save face, they fire him

28 minutes ago, Thaiphoon said:

Because they are stupid. I thought this was well known.

They dont want the optics of a guy they just hired to turn things around, quitting.

So to save face, they fire him

Because those optics are so much better?

36 minutes ago, naptownskinsfan said:

It is amazing that one person in Snyder can't see this, yet everyone else does.  I used to defend stupid things like this and his FA signings as "well, Snyder's a fan, he wants to win as much as any of us do" and I think that's run it's course.  It's time to stop being a fan, treat this like the business it should be and get the ship righted.  I know it's not going to happen, but there's still a little glimmer of hope that it might.  

No, Grant, the next savior won't because the next savior is going to be smart and stay the hell away from that snake. Instead, they'll overpay someone of lesser ability because that's all they can get at this point. The well is too poisoned.

4 minutes ago, Woz said:

No, Grant, the next savior won't because the next savior is going to be smart and stay the hell away from that snake. Instead, they'll overpay someone of lesser ability because that's all they can get at this point. The well is too poisoned.

I think that part of his tweet was sarcasm

Archived