Redskins front office shakeup: COO, CMO fired

MikeT14

4 minutes ago, Thaiphoon said:

I think that part of his tweet was sarcasm

Oh, I get that, but I wanted to make it clear that there would be no "next guy." For better or worse, the Redskins have gone all in on Allen (that would be worse, for the record). Yes, he'll try to throw Doug Williams up for flak, but I don't think it's going to work again.

4 minutes ago, Thaiphoon said:

Mass Marketing. Think junk mail.

He literally didn't have to deal with optics like these

Wait, he made his money by being dumb and scum?

Things make so much more sense now.

2 hours ago, Woz said:

Oh, I get that, but I wanted to make it clear that there would be no "next guy." For better or worse, the Redskins have gone all in on Allen (that would be worse, for the record). Yes, he'll try to throw Doug Williams up for flak, but I don't think it's going to work again.

He will find someone else.  Next year, Gruden and his coordinators will be the scapegoats.  And he will get another couple seasons with another coach while Gruden and Co are thrown to the side like last year's Christmas toys.

Some great quotes from Sally Jenkins: 

A team that already had a reputation for long-term toxic malaise now finds itself in perhaps the most dangerous state of the past two lousy decades: only career desperados will work for it. Anyone with a real future, anyone who is not a total wreck-reclamation project, has zero incentive to sign with these jokers, unless it’s for a cap-destroying amount of money.

Former strong safety Duke Ihenacho, now an outsider free of the Redskins’ negative G-forces, summed up their chronic unprofessionalism and lack of principles. “That front office is a circus,” he tweeted. “Good players. bad org . . . I met a lot of good people within the org during my time there. But for the most part, the way the shot callers handle [expletive] is just off.”

Come to think of it, you could make a pretty good staff out of Redskins discards. It will be highly interesting to see what becomes of the Cleveland Browns, who suddenly have an exciting future with McCloughan as a roster consultant and Williams as their interim coach, stewarding rookie quarterback Baker Mayfield to a 5-2 mark. Williams will get a head job somewhere. If not in Cleveland, then in another city. Why on earth would he even consider Washington? Why would anyone?

Perhaps Gruden will keep his job, or perhaps not. Perhaps Snyder will finally jettison Allen, or perhaps not. History suggests it won’t matter in the least. Snyder’s regular season record as an owner is 139-179-1, and he has never had a team win 11 games. There is a distinct pattern to his tenure, a wobbling repetitive cycle, with periods of total disintegration, and then the spin starts again. This organization simply cannot put good people in place and hold them there, because it has no tolerance for truthfulness and therefore no coherent values.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/welcome-to-the-redskins-where-honesty-is-not-in-the-employee-handbook/2018/12/26/20631ff0-096e-11e9-88e3-989a3e456820_story.html?utm_term=.7cd13cbedfb2

Larry Johnson has spoken out, here are some excerpts from the article about him.  Remember, we sign him to a three year deal, barely play him and cut him weeks into his first season. 

“It was a ragtag team,” Johnson said of his time in Washington, during an appearance on CBS Sports Radio’s The D.A. Show. “It was like the Bad News Bears meets the Little Giants. There was too much going on for [anyone] to know anything.”

Johnson, who was one of the league’s best backs in his six years with the Chiefs before joining the Redskins in 2010, described head coach Mike Shanahan’s operation as “dysfunctional,” especially when Johnson reached the end of his tenure in Washington.

“I had Shanahan telling me I was getting released … and then [another executive] was shocked that I was being released,” he said. “So I was like ‘all right, who ain’t talking to who.’”

The two-time Pro Bowler played in two games that year, rushing five times for two yards. He was cut on Sept. 21, two days after the team blew a 10-point lead and lost in overtime against the Houston Texans. Washington would go on to finish the season 6-10.

“When games were getting hard [early in the season], guys have already given up,” Johnson told host Damon Amendolara. “I got released, Willie Parker didn’t make it, Clinton Portis got hurt. And then you know how Shanahan loves these no-name running backs out anywhere and so [Ryan] Torain came in there.”

https://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/2018/12/28/larry-johnson-says-his-redskins-stint-was-like-bad-news-bears-meets-little-giants/?utm_term=.02fa473c31c4

Eh, the truth about Larry Johnson, Willie Parker and Clinton Portis In 2010 is they were done! D-O-N-E DONE!

The only thing I take from his quotes is that Bruce Allen and Mike Shanahan weren’t communicating on what the plans were for players. That’s the big issue there.

The Redskins/Shanahan was totally justified in cutting Larry Johnson & Willie Parker.

Ryan Torain had a better season then either of them would’ve had anyways and he was already a somewhat proven entity in Shanahan’s ZBS scheme from Denver.

Ihenacho on the other hand was spot on. That being said, he couldn’t cover anyone which is why he was cut, but he should’ve never been cut for Donte Whitner. Ihenacho should’ve been playing over Whitner bc he knew the defense better and was a better tackler at that point Whitner was awful for us in 2016. The only reason he played over Ihenacho I felt was because Whitner was a McCloughan guy from back in his San Fran days, I don’t think Whitner was better than Ihenacho at that point in their careers.

1 hour ago, turtle28 said:

Eh, the truth about Larry Johnson, Willie Parker and Clinton Portis In 2010 is they were done! D-O-N-E DONE!

The only thing I take from his quotes is that Bruce Allen and Mike Shanahan weren’t communicating on what the plans were for players. That’s the big issue there.

The Redskins/Shanahan was totally justified in cutting Larry Johnson & Willie Parker.

Ryan Torain had a better season then either of them would’ve had anyways and he was already a somewhat proven entity in Shanahan’s ZBS scheme from Denver.

Ihenacho on the other hand was spot on. That being said, he couldn’t cover anyone which is why he was cut, but he should’ve never been cut for Donte Whitner. Ihenacho should’ve been playing over Whitner bc he knew the defense better and was a better tackler at that point Whitner was awful for us in 2016. The only reason he played over Ihenacho I felt was because Whitner was a McCloughan guy from back in his San Fran days, I don’t think Whitner was better than Ihenacho at that point in their careers.

You literally just turned a discussion about miscommunication and how badly the Front Office operates into a discussion about which players played well and which deserved to get cut. Can you stay on topic please (the bolded part)?

1 hour ago, Thaiphoon said:

You literally just turned a discussion about miscommunication and how badly the Front Office operates into a discussion about which players played well and which deserved to get cut. Can you stay on topic please (the bolded part)?

He quoted what Larry Johnson said in an interview which, is a bad source. He was here for a minute and did nothing.

43 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

He quoted what Larry Johnson said in an interview which, is a bad source. He was here for a minute and did nothing.

Yet what he says corroborates what goes on with the Redskins, it's extremely relevant right now.  They commit three years to the guy, cut him after a couple weeks, and the front office had no idea he was cut.  It's been the opposite at times as well.  The effort that the players put in has been questioned for years, and Johnson confirms it.  He's a legitimate source, just like everyone else who has played for this cluster of a team.  

Archived