GDT 2018: Wilcard Weekend - LA Chargers vs Baltimore Ravens - Sunday 1:05PM

drd23

So Harbaugh's presser just revealed some things:

1) Harbaugh thought about putting Joe in (not a surprise at face value) - but everyone, including Joe, was on board not to play him and stay with Lamar. That's interesting.

2) Harbaugh wants to be back here moving forward (I think that solidifies that he will be)

3) Lamar is our QB moving forward, and Joe will be traded/released.

Just now, berlin calling said:

to all those who think Flacco would have given them a better chance to win...

The only X-factor is the element of surprise that Flacco coming off the bench could've provided. That's it. But that's ALSO ignoring the fact that our OL was straight up getting beat up and down the field all day long, and a pocket QB (who is rusty AND has a history of making poor decisions under pressure!) would've yielded objectively worse results than a mobile QB under those circumstances.

Ultimately, I think the right call was made. I was on board with the decision IF we wanted Flacco to come in, but yeah I agree not much would've changed.

20 minutes ago, baltimoreRebel said:

So let's ignore the play calling and the offensive line play? Is that what we're doing. 

Has been the history with Flacco. Bad running game? It was because Flacco wasn't a threat there. Bad passing game? It was because Flacco was inaccurate, didn't read the defense, didn't see open receivers etc.

1 minute ago, Danand said:

Has been the history with Flacco. Bad running game? It was because Flacco wasn't a threat there. Bad passing game? It was because Flacco was inaccurate, didn't read the defense, didn't see open receivers etc.

You're not wrong. And whenever a WR makes a contested catch it's "bailing out whoever is at QB" but when it's a respected QB it's "giving his wr a chance to make a play".

16 minutes ago, baltimoreRebel said:

If that's the case, we try and hire Josh.

Oh god no.  I want nothing to do with him.  Him bailing on Indy is the best thing to happen to them since they drafted Luck

14 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

Which raises the question - what would you all accept to give up Harbaugh at this point? 

It would have to be at least a 1st rounder plus something else.  Something nearing what Tampa gave up for Chucky back in 2002 would be unbelievable

10 minutes ago, Danand said:

8 minutes ago, M.10.E said:

You're not wrong. And whenever a WR makes a contested catch it's "bailing out whoever is at QB" but when it's a respected QB it's "giving his wr a chance to make a play".

You guys are just noticing that the commentary on Baltimore QBs is laughable if not outright odd ?..........

Hopefully Lamar gets analyzed better than Joe did, but I'm not holding out hope. I'm sure it will all boil down to the same drivel. 

Just now, DreamKid said:

You guys are just noticing that the commentary on Baltimore QBs is laughable if not outright odd..........

Hopefully Lamar get analyzed better than Joe did, but I'm not holding out hope. I'm sure it will all boil down to the same drivel. 

Nah I've known since forever people never give our QBs credit.

6 minutes ago, M.10.E said:

Exactly. Lamar had a bad game, thats it. On top of that he didn't get much help from neither oline, neither receivers and the play calling was suspect.

The only difference is we had the opportunity to change up the pace of the game with Flacco who is someone who could come in and do some damage immediately with his arm in a hurry up offense, who is more experienced etc.

There was no guarantee it would work, but at least we instead would have tried something. This felt like we accepted the loss with the rookie QB and had it as a learning experience. Somehow we got a chance to get back, but not because we made the right decisions, at least that is what I am thinking.

We got a chance back because the Chargers started to play soft and we got rid of the full house playbook and let Lamar play football. Adjusting our offense makes 1000% more sense than switching QBs but we didn't do that either.

Archived