2019 Steelers offseason news

warfelg

6 hours ago, AlanFanecaFan said:

I think the Steelers believe in Washington going forward...I believe the Johnson pick in the 3rd was a combo of BPA and insurance against Moncrief who’s 2020 cap number doubles next year IIRC.

Plus, whether we want to admit it or not Juju is looking at a $100 mill deal potentially after the 2020 season...never know how Steelers will think on paying a non QB that type of coin.

I never knew it was already time for them to get ready to sing JuJu  to a new deal, but now that I remember:$. By then Ben will be retired and AB's dead cap should be gone. It might happen, that JuJu gets his deal here, if he plays as well as he has why not hope the best for him?

3 hours ago, MOSteelers56 said:

I've softened quite a bit on Bell. The only thing he did that really stuck in my craw is when he told teammates he'd be back and then didn't show up. If he wanted to hold out all year for more money, that's on him. The AB situation really made Bell look better. 

I thought the same. AB though, has put up the numbers and had enough of a deteriorating relationship with his QB. The way he went about it was bad, but it was his way to make sure that it was over. Imagine another year of turmoil with AB and Ben?  It's better that it's over.  It will be telling to see how these continue with new teams, how will they produce vs when they were here.

1 hour ago, warfelg said:

We released Matt McCrane. Either Boz is better or they like the competition better. 

Boz just didn't lose the ability to kick. It's all psychological. I'm betting a long off season helped clear the muck in his head. The contract he signed isn't front page news anymore. I expect a bounce back season. 

16 minutes ago, bigben07MVP said:

Vikings looking to trade TE Kyle Rudolph. Man would I love for us to go after him.

Does he provide anything more than a health Vance McDonald though?

The scuttlebutt has been they know the trade market for a TE would open. I think he’s a better blocking McBeast when healthy. Would love some 21 and 22 with Vance and Kyle. 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, bigben07MVP said:

Vikings looking to trade TE Kyle Rudolph. Man would I love for us to go after him.

Does he provide anything more than a health Vance McDonald though?

Admittedly, I haven't watched much of Rudolph but he seems like a rich man's version of Jesse James. Good all around dude, just a little better in all aspects than James. I'd go for it if I was the FO.

14 minutes ago, warfelg said:

The scuttlebutt has been they know the trade market for a TE would open. I think he’s a better blocking McBeast when healthy. Would love some 21 and 22 with Vance and Kyle. 

Yep. Imagine how good he would have been (could be) with a legit QB. Make it happen!

Edited by Chieferific

I think Mike Hilton is going to be our backup FS. Everyone is freaking out about a lack of depth at S, which is fair. I think the way we added CB's this offseason, it signifies a position change for one of our CB. HIlton or Allen make the most sense and I think Hilton has already pretty much been a FS role. He's about the same size as Lamarcus Joyner. He has the skills to be a FS. I don't love him actually covering slot WRs or TEs in man coverage, so just let him play all over in zones. He can play the joker role well in the defense too. I think Layne will be our nickel CB and when he comes in it will push Nelson to the slot. I'm excited to see what our defense looks like next year. I think it's going to be really good.

Add in Rudolph and our offense is legit too. 

2 minutes ago, MOSteelers56 said:

I wonder what it would take to get him? He needs a new contract, so I can't imagine it'll be a huge haul. Maybe a 5th?

Assuming he's healthy, I'd do it. They say he's expected to make over $7 million per but I'm not so sure. I don't think he'd break the bank. 

1 hour ago, AlanFanecaFan said:

I’d offer a 4th for Rudolph easily.

In terms of S depth, it seems that they think Sutton/Hilton can provide extra depth...they may also like Marcus Allen more than we do.

Marcus has less then zero lateral movement. FS would be a disaster.