2019 Offseason Preview/FA Rumors

jetskid007

5 minutes ago, Abe56 said:

havent made the playoffs in 8 years, been one of the NFL's worst teams in Mac's tenure

But sure, just sit back and relax, i'm sure they know what they're doing

So you know better than the staff and doctors that negged his medical?

4 minutes ago, xenajets said:

Signed quickly?!? We all knew he was a free agent for months. How quick did you think the bills moved in on him?

We should have had contingency plans all throughout free agency...not just getting the phone going first thing Monday. These things should of been put in place at a minimum at say the combine last month 

Yeah and he signed within hours. We picked Paradis to come in first, by the time he left and we gathered enough info on his medical, Morse was already signed.

2 minutes ago, jetjuice said:

Nowhere near as annoying as how overreactive people can be without knowing anything other than the initial report.

"we're going 7-9 at best"

"Bell isn't signing nobody wants to play here"

"Mac is old and slow and doesn't get it"

Talk about a bunch of sizzling hot takes. Everyone thinks it's as simple as "why didn't we just offer him $2M more???" when in reality we pulled out because he had a medical red flag. Mac is being aggressive, he's targeting the right guys, he's closing on some important players and it's far from over.

Y'all forget there's a human element to all of this. Moving your family across the country, climate, taxes, etc. If we are to overcome all the negatives we need to first build a winning culture and yes we have the odds stacked against us with how bad we've been. Mac is doing the right things this year and was being aggressive last year too. I'm not knocking him for effort, now let's wait for the rest of it to play out.

If we get Bell, Callahan, and Houston later I bet everyone here will shut up quick.

Where have you been the past 8 years, my guy?

3 minutes ago, GangGreen420 said:

Dude what are you even talking about? Did the Bills have a chance to talk to him before we did?

Uhh, yeah. Like I said we had Paradis come in first. We picked the wrong guy to bring in if his medical was bad.

When are teams able to get access to medicals? Is this the type of info we can even acquire at the combine?

1 minute ago, jetjuice said:

Nowhere near as annoying as how overreactive people can be without knowing anything other than the initial report.

Talk about a bunch of sizzling hot takes. Everyone thinks it's as simple as "why didn't we just offer him $2M more???" when in reality we pulled out because he had a medical red flag. Mac is being aggressive, he's targeting the right guys, he's closing on some important players and it's far from over.

Y'all forget there's a human element to all of this. Moving your family across the country, climate, taxes, etc. If we are to overcome all the negatives we need to first build a winning culture and yes we have the odds stacked against us with how bad we've been. Mac is doing the right things this year and was being aggressive last year too. I'm not knocking him for effort, now let's wait for the rest of it to play out.

If we get Bell, Callahan, and Houston later I bet everyone here will shut up quick.

And if you ask me those fans have no clue how to build a team then. We still in the end aren’t protecting our QB. Wouldn’t have a good OL for Bell. CB is not a need to spend big on (see Mosley) and Houston is a stop gap, not an answer. So for me those moves wouldn’t be great. It would be better than nothing. But not a successful way to build a team. Goes back to wed still think we can win with defense. When it’s just not true anymore.

Just now, Bianconero said:

Where have you been the past 8 years, my guy?

We are bad because we have drafted poorly and had bad coaching, my guy.

Nobody had any issues with our free agent signings in the moment under Mac's tenure. Just like nobody has had a problem with who we've signed so far. We still have a chance to be winners of FA and you all are acting like the season is over already. That's why I say relax, we could still sign Bell, Callahan, and Houston before the day ends.

Things aren't great, but overreacting is just gonna make you go gray faster.

1 minute ago, jetfan8178 said:

All the same people wanted Macc fired for missing Cousins last year LOL

I wasn’t high on Cousins. I was lukewarm. I’m not thrilled giving Mosley 17 mil. I feel like center was the one position he couldn’t botch and he did. I don’t even care if we lose out on Lev. Just build a damn o-line for once. We haven’t had a good one in close to a decade. 

Overreactive?? What a load of ****e. 

The guys been a joke since the first offseason when he signed all those vets and still didn’t make the playoffs. He’s a bum. Plain and simple. He has no business running an NFL franchise. 

He needs to head back into that hole he came from and study his college tape and get far away from dealing with men and contracts. 

He can’t seal the deals! End of story. We’ve been horrendous for te last three years. Until proven otherwise I state facts and you state hope. We deserve better than this.....

You say we will change our opinions if he signs Bell, Houston and Callahan. Of course  I would! I’d congratulate him on some great moves. Is his job for Christ’s sake. It’s not like he’s doing us a favour.

If (and it’s looking likely) he bombs this free agency then don’t ever tell me to relax and trust the process as il be instead on countdown for his firing. 

We are bad because we have drafted poorly and had bad coaching, my guy.

Nobody had any issues with our free agent signings in the moment under Mac's tenure. Just like nobody has had a problem with who we've signed so far. We still have a chance to be winners of FA and you all are acting like the season is over already. That's why I say relax, we could still sign Bell, Callahan, and Houston before the day ends.

Things aren't great, but overreacting is just gonna make you go gray faster.

We are still paying for Fitz IMHO. When we tried to make a run with him in his second year we screwed up rebuilding and pushed the team back 3 more years. Had we tanked we would have drafted a QB the second year and started this process then. 

22 minutes ago, Abe56 said:

prob gotta trade leonard williams for a 2nd round pick to acquire a center in the draft now

See like where do you guys come up with this stuff? Leonard Williams is a strong starter for us he's going nowhere. Would just open another hole.

8 minutes ago, jetjuice said:

So you know better than the staff and doctors that negged his medical?

Yeah and he signed within hours. We picked Paradis to come in first, by the time he left and we gathered enough info on his medical, Morse was already signed.

Why wouldn’t we have pitched an offer to Morse then? Why would we limit ourselves to just one player? 

Archived