2019 Offseason Preview/FA Rumors

jetskid007

1 minute ago, Bobby816 said:

Doesn’t change my stance bc NE arguably isn’t making even the playoffs if they have an average offense.

But you even said it earlier .. they have Brady.  There WRs are not great at all.   Gronk is not what he was in the past.  Michel was up and down. White was white but he is not elite.  It was Brady.  Not every team has a GOAT (ugh I hate writing that)  So they are not a great example.

Just now, JetsFan15 said:

But you even said it earlier .. they have Brady.  There WRs are not great at all.   Gronk is not what he was in the past.  Michel was up and down. White was white but he is not elite.  It was Brady.  Not every team has a GOAT (ugh I hate writing that)

But fact is he’s there and playing and has then as a top offense. He’s reached a level where yes he doesn’t need stars around him to win. We can’t say that. 

2 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

So pretty much only Chancellor as a “difference” maker. 

Nah none of those guys were difference makers for their teams other than Chancellor... need to up your football knowledge/history Bobby.

Besides, who used the term "difference makers"? You wanted a list of SSs, I gave them to you. I can say with great certainty that crop of SSs is better than the crop of WRs at their respective positions. Don't know why you thought it was important to bring it up nor did I understand the correlation with the WR position, but hey, there's the list. 

This point has become me thinking we need just an elite WR which is not what I’ve at all stated. Yes I’d love a great WR. But it’s about adding good talent to offense. At all positions. In fact I have said for years OL should be where it starts. So I’m not just saying grab a star RB or WR. But I do think we need difference makers. We have zero on offense still. When with Mosley we have 3 on defense. It’s already one sided. 0-3. And I refuse to put Darnold or Herndon at a level of that if Mosley, Adams or Williams.

1 minute ago, jetskid007 said:

Nah none of those guys were difference makers for their teams other than Chancellor... need to up your football knowledge/history Bobby.

Besides, who used the term "difference makers"? You wanted a list of SSs, I gave them to you. I can say with great certainty that crop of SSs is better than the crop of WRs at their respective positions. Don't know why you thought it was important to bring it up nor did I understand the correlation with the WR position, but hey, there's the list. 

My point was merely that you and others say a star WR doesn’t win. My point of asking for the list of SS was to show that teams aren’t winning with a star SS either. And Adams is our best player.

This point has become me thinking we need just an elite WR which is not what I’ve at all stated. Yes I’d love a great WR. But it’s about adding good talent to offense. At all positions. In fact I have said for years OL should be where it starts. So I’m not just saying grab a star RB or WR. But I do think we need difference makers. We have zero on offense still. When with Mosley we have 3 on defense. It’s already one sided. 0-3. And I refuse to put Darnold or Herndon at a level of that if Mosley, Adams or Williams.

So do we pass on Mosley because its lopsided? Should we reach or overspend on players who aren't worth it simply out of hope that they'll be superstars? 

I see where you are getting at, and it's how you have thought for the past year: resource allocation to fill needs on offense > taking better players on defense. I simply don't agree with it. 

REAL QUESTION...At what point do you think Mike Macagnan tells the fans that we are set at center because we resigned Jonathan Harrison? When this happens and the Jets change their colors to black...I think I am out this year. I'll spend Sundays on my boat and then when the weather turns out East. It just isnt worth my time anymore. 

2 minutes ago, jetskid007 said:

So do we pass on Mosley because its lopsided? Should we reach or overspend on players who aren't worth it simply out of hope that they'll be superstars? 

I see where you are getting at, and it's how you have thought for the past year: resource allocation to fill needs on offense > taking better players on defense. I simply don't agree with it. 

But we’ve pretty much done it “your” way the last god knows how many years and it hasn’t worked. When I say your way... I know these offseasons aren’t exactly how you’d like... but it’s spending 1st Rounder after 1st Rounder on defense. Pretty much spending all our cap space on defense. Has it equaled wins?

4 minutes ago, Abe56 said:

So it seems like the announcement is coming on the album

Heres an exchange between adams and bell a few months agokbyjjo.png 

now look at the tracks 9 and 10 on his album

D1exPBoW0AM7Puz?format=jpg&name=large

LOL i love how my old roommates little brother is the first comment. The twittisphere is a funny place.

But we’ve pretty much done it “your” way the last god knows how many years and it hasn’t worked. When I say your way... I know these offseasons aren’t exactly how you’d like... but it’s spending 1st Rounder after 1st Rounder on defense. Pretty much spending all our cap space on defense. Has it equaled wins?

You're not getting the point. My "way" is taking the best players, period. You suggest take worse players because they play a specific position. Sure, I prefer to get more talent on defense because in this era of the NFL offensive is more scheme driven whereas defense is more skill driven, but I don't think that means we reach for need.

What confuses me is that you appear salty because we missed out on Barr - your top free agent - thinking having him under contract would've resulted in the Jets targeting an offensive player (Metcalf) in the draft. Now that we're almost certainly taking a defender at #3 - an EDGE rusher in arguably the best first round crop of them in the past 20 years and conversely the worst offensive crop of draftees in the past 20 - you're mad about spending a first rounder on defense???

Resource allocation makes sense, but not when you pass up on truly elite talent for the sake of filling a desire to have more weapons on offense. 

Archived