2019 Offseason Preview/FA Rumors

jetskid007

1 minute ago, barnaby8787 said:

McDaniels will keep the system alive though 

I agree. But it’s Brady as the guy allowing the system to work. Can’t throw just any decent QB back there and expect it to be similar. That’s actually what I hope they do

1 minute ago, Bobby816 said:

I agree. But it’s Brady as the guy allowing the system to work. Can’t throw just any decent QB back there and expect it to be similar. That’s actually what I hope they do

I mean they did fine with Matt Cassel, Jimmy G, and Jacoby undercenter. I think NE just gets how to put players in the best possible position to succeed.

1 minute ago, rampantjet said:

Arg passing on Q and Allen and not getting a trade back is my nightmare.  

A lot of people are linking us to him, but many said Mayfield was our top QB as well. 

Oliver wouldn't surprise me at this point. I'm sure people are hearing his name as a possible target, but I think it's more likely to happen at a later pick than 3. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, jetskid007 said:

A lot of people are linking us to him, but many said Mayfield was our top QB as well. 

Oliver wouldn't surprise me at this point. I'm sure people are hearing his name as a possible target, but I think it's more likely to happen at a later pick than 3. 

To piggy back off one of your previous posts and some of the info that’s come out today in terms of our Oliver I treat I think our goal might be to move back with Tampa or maybe swap with the Raiders and get ammo to move back into the 2nd round and take Oliver at 4 or 5

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Dr.O said:

To piggy back off one of your previous posts and some of the info that’s come out today in terms of our Oliver I treat I think our goal might be to move back with Tampa or maybe swap with the Raiders and get ammo to move back into the 2nd round and take Oliver at 4 or 5

That's my thought. I have a feeling TB moves up for QW, OAK takes White, we take Oliver (which will surely make Jets fans furious). 

Personally I don't think the Jets are as crazy in love with Allen as fans want to believe. 

Just now, jetskid007 said:

That's my thought. I have a feeling TB moves up for QW, OAK takes White, we take Oliver (which will surely make Jets fans furious). 

Personally I don't think the Jets are as crazy in love with Allen as fans want to believe. 

Tbh the last week or so Ive soured on him a bit, he literally won with only 1 Pass Rush move and athleticism. Not to say that he can’t learn more or he won’t be able to work around that but it is concerning.

1 minute ago, Dr.O said:

Tbh the last week or so Ive soured on him a bit, he literally won with only 1 Pass Rush move and athleticism. Not to say that he can’t learn more or he won’t be able to work around that but it is concerning.

And I think the Jets likely agree with you. He's great in space, excellent in coverage, but from a pure pass rush standpoint, there are more guys in this draft that are more talented and younger than Allen.

Fans hate to hear it but need to throw positional labels in the trash; whoever we draft will likely play 3 different positions. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Dr.O said:

Oliver won with 0 pass rush moves.  He just runs around a lot and has a high motor, and sometimes he would abuse an Olineman from like Rice or ECU....

2 minutes ago, rampantjet said:

Oliver won with 0 pass rush moves.  He just runs around a lot and has a high motor, and sometimes he would abuse an Olineman from like Rice or ECU....

I’m not arguing that I’m just saying that I don’t thin Allen is as good of a prospect as some of us believe. Personally I don’t want Oliver either.

24 minutes ago, Dr.O said:

He doesn’t bend around the edge well either. There’s definitely concerns there. I don’t think he’ll bust. I feel like he has a relatively high floor. Just that his ceiling may not be as high as most are suggesting. We will all know for sure in 3 years. Lol

Edited by SDotNova