2019 Offseason Preview/FA Rumors

jetskid007

1 hour ago, barnaby8787 said:

Again, look at his 40 and shuttle time from his pro day. Watch some tape. He’s plenty fast and athletic enough. 

I do watch his tape. And bc he plays on the interior you cant see his speed. Where with a guy like Allen it jumps out to you his athleticism and quickness. I certainly see the quickness from Oliver, but it's from a spot we don't need it. Bc we have guys already that can penetrate from the interior. What we need is an edge guy. Playing Oliver at edge is a guess. And the 3rd pick shouldn't be used on a guess. I get he can move around... but what he does and is known for is interior work. Putting him in an edge role is risky. See Coples, Richardson, etc. You don't use the 3rd pick on a guy and change the guys position.

12 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

I do watch his tape. And bc he plays on the interior you cant see his speed. Where with a guy like Allen it jumps out to you his athleticism and quickness. I certainly see the quickness from Oliver, but it's from a spot we don't need it. Bc we have guys already that can penetrate from the interior. What we need is an edge guy. Playing Oliver at edge is a guess. And the 3rd pick shouldn't be used on a guess. I get he can move around... but what he does and is known for is interior work. Putting him in an edge role is risky. See Coples, Richardson, etc. You don't use the 3rd pick on a guy and change the guys position.

I posted the video of him on his change of direction. It’s elite. He’s a different athlete than coples and Richardson. There’s a reason why analysts think he could potentially play outside linebacker in 4-3 schemes. He’s an elite athlete and game translates to today’s NFL. 

2 minutes ago, ClemsonJet said:

Is Josh Allen that bad? I don't see how this seems unlikely

He has his flaws like Oliver does, I’d take him at 3 though if push came to shove but he has only 1 pass rush move, doesn’t have the Elite bend you look for at the position, and relies heavily on his athleticism alone.

1 minute ago, jetfuel34 said:

My surprise trade 

The Cowboys will trade the farm to the Jets and pick 3 and take Murray. Jerry Jones loves OU guys. I think Fredrick the center,  along with first round pick in 2020 and 2021 plus pick 58. Dar will not be a cowboy after the draft.

???

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, jetfuel34 said:

My surprise trade 

The Cowboys will trade the farm to the Jets and pick 3 and take Murray. Jerry Jones loves OU guys. I think Fredrick the center,  along with first round pick in 2020 and 2021 plus pick 58. Dar will not be a cowboy after the draft.

Fredrick just missed all of last year with GB-Disease...I’d pass on him but anyway no way they’d do that, sure Jerry likes OU guys but he wouldn’t do this with how Prescott looked after getting Amari.

1 hour ago, jetjuice said:

Because you dont say it subjectively, you act like its objective fact which is what I'm getting at here. But agree to disagree, I think Allen is better but I can see both sides so we can just leave it at that. 

I never do that lol. I’ll argue in the opposite direction but I’m never like “you’re wrong” or “false” or “further from the truth” unless it’s something either blatantly obvious or fact driven. 

Just now, KingOfTheDot said:

I never do that lol. I’ll argue in the opposite direction but I’m never like “you’re wrong” or “false” or “further from the truth” unless it’s something either blatantly obvious or fact driven. 

Either way I'm warming up to Oliver. I think I may even like that pick better than Quinnen for how we'd be using him. Look at all the "big" DE's out there making a massive impact... Donald, Watt, Calais Campbell - is Oliver cut from the same cloth as these guys? I think he's in the conversation and like others have said, we can't pass on him if he's a generational talent just because he's a 5 or 3 tech and not a 7 or wide 9 guy. Biggest thing for me is Oliver's level of competition.

1 minute ago, jetjuice said:

Either way I'm warming up to Oliver. I think I may even like that pick better than Quinnen for how we'd be using him. Look at all the "big" DE's out there making a massive impact... Donald, Watt, Calais Campbell - is Oliver cut from the same cloth as these guys? I think he's in the conversation and like others have said, we can't pass on him if he's a generational talent just because he's a 5 or 3 tech and not a 7 or wide 9 guy. Biggest thing for me is Oliver's level of competition.

Yeah I was a big Oliver fan just never thought we had the level of interest in him because where we were picking. Most thought it was a 3 man race but Oliver and Devin White always guys I had an eye for. 

Oliver has Elite tools, can be moved around, his film has him doing everything. Competition is a factor but guys like Mack played even worse comp than Oliver. 

Just now, KingOfTheDot said:

Yeah I was a big Oliver fan just never thought we had the level of interest in him because where we were picking. Most thought it was a 3 man race but Oliver and Devin White always guys I had an eye for. 

Oliver has Elite tools, can be moved around, his film has him doing everything. Competition is a factor but guys like Mack played even worse comp than Oliver. 

I have a feeling Oliver is more of a "Dog" like we've been hearing all offseason. Allen seems kind of soft to me, but maybe that's just me idk.