PFF's final list of highest graded QB's in 2018.

TecmoSuperJoe

2 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

Well, Mayock is just a figurehead. Makes sense to have a media guy there when the GM has no power. But yeah, he's about as qualified to be a NFL GM as I am. xD

Sorry, but running on a passing play is worth -1 point. Forcing a ball into tight coverage is worth +1 point. If you complete it, it's worth +2 points.

Buddy I don't give two ****s about points, watch the games and the impact he has on them. To call this kid the 3rd worst QB in the NFL is laughable.

Just now, jrry32 said:

PFF does watch the games. They are disappointed with Trubisky's cowardly decision to run. Real QBs have balls.

Lol says the "Goff is a top 5 QB" guy? Get outta here lol

Just now, jrry32 said:

PFF does watch the games. They are disappointed with Trubisky's cowardly decision to run. Real QBs have balls.

Speaking of real QBs and balls, I hope we get to play your Lambs again next week. This time at your home :D

1 minute ago, G08 said:

Lol says the "Goff is a top 5 QB" guy? Get outta here lol

Goff unleashes the dragon on third downs instead of tucking tail and running. Don't get angry at me because PFF's grades penalize Trubisky for being a chicken. Real QBs force the ball into tight windows. That's what winners do.

1 minute ago, G08 said:

Speaking of real QBs and balls, I hope we get to play your Lambs again next week. This time at your home :D

Gotta beat the Eagles before you can think about us.

10 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

Goff unleashes the dragon on third downs instead of tucking tail and running. Don't get angry at me because PFF's grades penalize Trubisky for being a chicken. Real QBs force the ball into tight windows. That's what winners do.

Gotta beat the Eagles before you can think about us.

You'll have to explain to me why you feel the need to talk so much **** about Trubisky. "Chicken" "Balls" "Real QBs". It's kind of pathetic, are you trying to compensate for something? Perhaps being overly sensitive to the **** Goff has taken in his career? It would make sense (actually if I'm not mistaken you've admitted this to me before).

And, really, I'll argue that you're completely off base with "real QBs" (Christ lol) force the ball into tight windows. If your "top 5 QB" took what my defense gave him and checked it down and moved the chains, maybe he would have completed more than 45.5% of his passes at 4.1 yards per attempt. You find me a game this year where Trubisky wasn't "real enough" to put up those numbers. GTFO xD

But yeah, that's why I said I hope we play your Lambs again next week. Then we'll see what's what.

Maybe my defense will make your "star QB" **** his pants.

Again.

6 minutes ago, G08 said:

You'll have to explain to me why you feel the need to talk so much **** about Trubisky. "Chicken" "Balls" "Real QBs". It's kind of pathetic, are you trying to compensate for something? A false sense of being overly sensitive to the **** Goff has taken in his career? It would make sense.

And, really, I'll argue that you're completely off base with "real QBs" (Christ lol) force the ball into tight windows. If your "top 5 QB" took what my defense gave him and checked it down and moved the chains, maybe he would have completed more than 45.5% of his passes at 4.1 yards per attempt. You find me a game this year where Trubisky wasn't "real enough" to put up those numbers. GTFO xD

But yeah, that's why I said I hope we play your Lambs again next week. Then we'll see what's what. Maybe my defense will make your "star QB" **** his pants. Again.

I kept taking it up a notch in hopes you'd figure it out, but you keep getting whooshed. I am mocking PFF, not Trubisky. You're just too defensive to see that. But I get defensive over Goff, so I can understand why you're acting that way here. Let's just say that I don't recommend you get overconfident if the Bears beat the Eagles. Goff and McVay don't like being made to look the fool.

1 minute ago, jrry32 said:

I kept taking it up a notch in hopes you'd figure it out, but you keep getting whooshed. I am mocking PFF, not Trubisky. You're just too defensive to see that. But I get defensive over Goff, so I can understand why you're acting that way here. Let's just say that I don't recommend you get overconfident if the Bears beat the Eagles. Goff and McVay don't like being made to look the fool.

Oh dude then that is my bad completely. Woosh is right -- my whole morning drive to work all I've been hearing is national media and Eagles media ****ting on Trubisky and it's got me seeing red. I can't wait for the game Sunday.

1 minute ago, G08 said:

Oh dude then that is my bad completely. Woosh is right -- my whole morning drive to work all I've been hearing is national media and Eagles media ****ting on Trubisky and it's got me seeing red. I can't wait for the game Sunday.

I understand why you're defensive. I've been there. People make up their minds about a QB and then don't want to change it. That QB has to do twice as much as other QBs to get the same amount of credit. But yeah, I was making fun of PFF's absurd grading system. I was having a little fun at your expense too, if I'm being honest, because you were getting so defensive about it. But I was hoping that you'd see I was joking after a few posts. :P

1 minute ago, jrry32 said:

I understand why you're defensive. I've been there. People make up their minds about a QB and then don't want to change it. That QB has to do twice as much as other QBs to get the same amount of credit. But yeah, I was making fun of PFF's absurd grading system. I was having a little fun at your expense too, if I'm being honest, because you were getting so defensive about it. But I was hoping that you'd see I was joking after a few posts. :P

Yep. I have egg on my face but I'll wear it like a man xD

'Big time throw' is a really, really subjective stat.  Some 8 yard throws are big time throws.  In my opinion X is a big time throw.  To this guy that was more routine. To use subjective 'stats' as key metrics is simply opinion giving trying to masquerade as hard data.  

Throw under pressure can be subjective. Are you really under pressure if guy blows by you and you step up and throw without being touched? 

Was pressure your fault for holding ball too long or not throwing to check down (looking at you Rodgers)? 

Did holding ball a long time result in a big time throw that wasn't necessary in first place?

Bad throw can be just as subjective as big time throw. 

Wasted downs putting you behind chains should be a bigger deal, but also is subjective. 

W and L's are key stat and not factored in at all. 

All of this and more leads to a list that really doesnt pass eye test.

You should start with Ws and Ls. Then you look at team offensive performance. Then you look at individual play in that context. 

Subjective play by play grading isn't going to tell story of who was best for a season.

1 hour ago, jrry32 said:

Sorry, but running on a passing play is worth -1 point. Forcing a ball into tight coverage is worth +1 point. If you complete it, it's worth +2 points.

That’s great.  

In real life running past yard sticks results in a first down and is much better than a sack.  Also keeps LBs close to line of scrimmage on passing downs, making later completions easier and can slow down pass rush from ears pinned back to disciplined. 

A completion is a completion and results in yards gained regardless of how it is made.  There are no bonus points or minus points on a completion. Just complete, incomplete, penalty or INT. Now a 3 yard completion on 3 and 4 counts for little. If you want to factor that in, then fine.  That can be a non subjective stat. It still isn’t always nothing as getting 14 yards on 3rd and 15 results in better field position. 

On 1/2/2019 at 2:01 PM, ReadyToThump said:

I fully expected for Goff and Wilson to be ahead of him on this list.

Goff and Wilson were way better than Rodgers in 2018.  Especially Goff.  

Goff doesn’t get nearly respect he should. 

Archived