Reservoir Dogs Reboot Mafia: Criminals Win!!!

Malfatron

Just now, Pickle Rick said:

The gif completely felt like he was frustrated again dying.  Just my take.

I also do not believe a conversion fits here, given the flavor and style of the game 

That’s exactly why he would post it, whether he was turned or scum being hit with a scum move, he’d want to look like he was frustrated from dying again.

Wut. The flavor is literally that some or one of us “flipped” on the group. You don’t think a conversion fits?

2 minutes ago, Pickle Rick said:

The gif completely felt like he was frustrated again dying.  Just my take.

I also do not believe a conversion fits here, given the flavor and style of the game 

You don't think a man in a warehouse full of criminals being arrested and interrogated fits the flavor of conversion?  Snitches?  

54 minutes ago, Dome said:

Starting 11:1 with conversion 

10:2 with strong scum

9:3 seems unlikely IMO

if orca comes back, I don’t think there’s any way we can trust him regardless. His goodbye post was no bueno.

Does anyone remember in the movie the 1 member that hid the diamonds and eventually ends up with them after the "mexican standoff"?

Could there be a 10:1:1 or 9:2:1 type starting ratio ?

Just now, squire12 said:

Does anyone remember in the movie the 1 member that hid the diamonds and eventually ends up with them after the "mexican standoff"?

It’s been so long. I own it, but don’t have time to watch it for a couple days 

1 minute ago, squire12 said:

Potentially though. 

I believe malf would make a more straightforward game than that but that’s a guess. Maybe some vets thatbe played more malf games could chime in 

2 minutes ago, squire12 said:

At first I thought this was the movie with the snow and the dogs and Paul Walker.

Just now, Nazgul said:

At first I thought this was the movie with the snow and the dogs and Paul Walker.

But that movie is Eight Below, and nothing close to Reservoir Dogs so I don't know why I thought that. I guess I got caught up on the dogs.

Just now, Dome said:

It’s been so long. I own it, but don’t have time to watch it for a couple days 

I have not seen it in like 20 years.  I googled it to get a bit of a refresher on the general plot.  KOTN's role...with the razor blade...was one of the thieves that was torturing the cop they had kidnapped and brought to the ware house.

1 minute ago, Dome said:

Potentially though. 

I believe malf would make a more straightforward game than that but that’s a guess. Maybe some vets thatbe played more malf games could chime in 

I do not recall playing a Malf hosted game.

14 minutes ago, Dome said:

You know people don’t stay read up. They come in and see a post like the one you made fully knowing that’s not what pickle meant and even using a less subtle word (kill vs cap) and take it at face value. You know this and from here on out I’m not responding to stuff I know that you already know lmao. Played that game too many times with folks. So if I don’t reply, it’s cause I’m not interested in getting yanked around.

I don’t take issue with your logic, just the way you presented it.

5th point is still a point.

I don't know what happened.  I had a response that explained a bit more, but it disappeared when I went and grabbed quotes.  The cliffnote version is:

I can at least acknowledge 90% of what you said, but I am not ready to fully concede the point.  I have used "kill" and "lynch" interchangeably for years to get the jumpy players or new players to react or not react ("Uhhh, did he say KILL!?") to tip their hand and see their type of thought process.  It does not make perfect since, but it's a factor I incorporate into my thought process.  I'm sure you have informal tells that would seem like bull**** if you explained them, but seem to work.  Just a part of my game that I can show over at least three games here, and about 200 games on other forums.

BUT, since we seem willing to acknowledge each perspective, I don't see the point of it right now since it's merely distracting.  So, I'm going to move on from it.

1 minute ago, Dome said:

That’s exactly why he would post it, whether he was turned or scum being hit with a scum move, he’d want to look like he was frustrated from dying again.

Wut. The flavor is literally that some or one of us “flipped” on the group. You don’t think a conversion fits?

No.  A conversion would mean that he is still in the game.  If that were true then the flavor of the writeup is just all wrong.  Based on the writeup, if orca returns to the game he will be the first lynched.  I dont think that is a fair mechanic to be in play especially given how small the game is 

1 minute ago, SwAg said:

I don't know what happened.  I had a response that explained a bit more, but it disappeared when I went and grabbed quotes.  The cliffnote version is:

I can at least acknowledge 90% of what you said, but I am not ready to fully concede the point.  I have used "kill" and "lynch" interchangeably for years to get the jumpy players or new players to react or not react ("Uhhh, did he say KILL!?") to tip their hand and see their type of thought process.  It does not make perfect since, but it's a factor I incorporate into my thought process.  I'm sure you have informal tells that would seem like bull**** if you explained them, but seem to work.  Just a part of my game that I can show over at least three games here, and about 200 games on other forums.

BUT, since we seem willing to acknowledge each perspective, I don't see the point of it right now since it's merely distracting.  So, I'm going to move on from it.

YEAH YOU BETTER RUN 

1 minute ago, Pickle Rick said:

No.  A conversion would mean that he is still in the game.  If that were true then the flavor of the writeup is just all wrong.  Based on the writeup, if orca returns to the game he will be the first lynched.  I dont think that is a fair mechanic to be in play especially given how small the game is 

So you think it’s 11:1 with no conversion? That seems to be your hot take right now with gopher as the lone scum 

I don't know that I buy that logic as a foregone conclusion.  I was magically regenerated to life after being nightkilled last game and I was the last man standing.

Also, I think we cannot discount people being willing to accept **** that is in write-ups as gospel.  If we receive some write-up detailing a harrowing escape from police custody -- as in a genuine write-up as it is occurring rather than a news report that could be fabricated -- I think some people would have pause.

Archived